Author Topic: Ulcerative Colitis & Sliippery Elm  (Read 3664 times)

Offline dkburford

• Wide Eyed
Ulcerative Colitis & Sliippery Elm
« on: May 11, 2006, 03:19:32 AM »
 ??? My 13 yo. daughter has been battling Ulcerative Colitis since last Oct.  She's had several blood transfusions and lengthy hospital stays.  We can't get her into remission, and the medical field has nothing else to offer except a colectomy.  (We've tried eveyrthing they have.)  My daughter is so fed up with being sick all the time, that she is ready for surgery.  I just want to exhaust every option before resorting to that.  Removing the colon will cure the condition, and they can now "re-hook" the small intestine , forming a new rectum.  Not perfect, but at least she won't have a permanent ostomy bag, and will feel better.   

I have been trying everything I read about.  We've used fish oil, probiotics, chlorophyl, essential oils, yeast detox, tested for celiac disease (wheat allergy), and am currently using slippery elm powder.  My question is how much must she take to effect results?  I am currently putting the powder into #0 capsules and she is taking 2 three times a day.  I'm sure that probably isn't nearly enough, but I can't find a recommended dosage anywhere.
Any suggestions?

Offline natural

• Adept
Re: Ulcerative Colitis & Sliippery Elm
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 03:29:58 AM »
Have you ever tried Aloe Vera Juice? My mother sells a product called Ultimate Aloe--spendy--but they use the whole leaf to make it and it is very potent and tasty. You can read more about this product at jlivingood.unfranchise.com.

My heart goes out to you. I speak the Lord's healing upon her, In the Name of Jesus.

--Sister SAndra
4 yo Maciah: Mamma I am scared the wind is howling.
Me: Go to sleep Jesus will protect you.
4 yo Maciah: (stretching his chin to chest) But, but I can't see Jesus my head can't reach into my heart.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 04:04:34 AM »
From everything I've read on this forum, I would do the Master cleanse.  The man who designed it - was battling colon cancer and cured himself.  I would also treat for candida to make sure this is not the cause of the ulcers (leaky gut).  I would also recommend cod liver oil based on recommendations in the Maker's Diet for healing the ulcers.

Dangers of uncontrolled candida growth
When Candida growth becomes uncontrolled the following happens: First, fungal metabolites and/or toxins interfere with the functioning of nutrient-uptake and their transfer into the bloodstream. Then the fungus grows long stringy structures (rhizoids) that can penetrate the upper cell layer of the intestinal wall causing symptoms very similar to those of Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

Leaky Gut Syndrome
Over time, the rhizoids can penetrate the gut wall and make it inflamed and porous causing Leaky Gut Syndrome. The damage to the gut from candida comes both from impaired biochemical processes in cells of the intestinal lining and the physical damage caused by the spread of the rhizoids. In the next step the rhizoids break down the barrier between the intestine and the circulatory system in which case candida can enter the bloodstream and spread throughout the body (Systemic candida). Candida can invade virtually any organ or part of the body where the defenses (physical and immunological) are weakened.

Leaky Gut Syndrome is thought to be the underlying cause of bowel disorders and very likely the stage of candidiasis that contributes substantially to food intolerances, environmental sensitivities, allergies and asthma. ...more
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 04:34:00 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline dara

• Master
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 04:33:01 AM »
Have you read the books, "Patient, Heal Thyself", and, "The Maker's Diet", by Jordan Rubin? He almost died of digestive disease...
"Write your hurts in the sand
and grave your blessings in stone."

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 11:16:43 AM »
Here's a new post devoted entirely to Leaky Gut.    I recommend you take a peek.   ;D
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline lovey1029

• Learning
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 11:48:11 AM »
Have you ever heard about glyconutrients?  Glyconutrients have made a huge difference for a personal friend here in Georgia who has battled ulcerative colitis for 25 years.  Her testimony is phenomenal after she gave her body what it required to heal and repair.  I would be glad to send you her testimony and phone number.  She welcomes the opportunity to share her story.

I would love an update on your daughter's health.  I believe with all my heart that given enough time and consistency with the glyconutrients they would improve her quality of life in the future.  We've seen incredible results when people support and boost their immune system with glyconutrients, the missing link in cellular communication.

Amy Stroup, mother of 7
McDonough, GA
sugarsthatheal at juno dot com
www.livingsugars.com
www.glycoinformation.com

« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 11:58:03 AM by healthybratt »