Author Topic: My fingers are going crooked!  (Read 3622 times)

Offline Cimmaron

• Adept
My fingers are going crooked!
« on: April 20, 2011, 09:46:29 AM »
Maybe two years ago, I noticed that one of my little fingers had become a little crooked. I have shown it to several MDs and Naturopaths and none have known what the problem is. A few weeks ago, I came off my horse and caught the fingers of my other hand in the reins on the way down. My little finger on that hand didn't seem to be injured, but within a few days it also went crooked, but far more so than the finger that was originally crooked. There is no pain in either finger. I am only 18. I am off dairy at the moment (only have been for a month or two), but still eat quite a few calcium rich foods and have tried calcium supplements. I have celiac disease and diabetes, which I think that I have traced to vaccinations and candida, which was probably brought on by antibiotics as a kid. I am working on figuring out my other health issues, but the crooked fingers puzzle me. Does anyone know what could be causing this or if it could be related to my other problems?

Offline Olmata

• Wide Eyed
Re: My fingers are going crooked!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 04:41:46 PM »
Hmmm... you may have sprained it. A month or two ago I was longeing my mini horse in the dark(please don't ask why!!!) and I was wearing really think gloves because it was cold outside. The gloves made me clumsy and the line got wrapped around my finger. It hurt a little and was a bit crooked afterwards. My dad said to go to the hospital because he thought it was broken, I guess he broke his finger in three places a long time ago and never knew it because it didn't hurt very badly. Anyway, it was x-rayed and I only sprained it. It was my right index finger, btw. So the doctor taped together my first two fingers. Called it buddy taping?! I had to re-tape it everyday for like two weeks. Anyway, I guess it did work, it isn't as crooked as before. It had already been a little crooked before the longe-line incident.
     Well, I hope this helps :)
     Olivia
Riding is the art of keeping a horse between you and the ground