Author Topic: Parasite Cleanse for Scabies?  (Read 5182 times)

Offline happywife

• Learning
Parasite Cleanse for Scabies?
« on: April 18, 2011, 08:05:37 PM »
We are hopefully ending what has been a many-months-long battle with scabies.  It started with my 2 year old (have no idea where she picked it up) and made its way through all 8 of us before I finally diagnosed it from much online research.  We went to the doc a week ago, got the permethrin, and treated everyone.  I think we're doing much better, although the itching is still bad (though they said that would be the case for a couple of weeks).  My 7 month old, however, doesn't seem to be clearing up; and I'm wondering if he is just having a bad reaction to the meds.

Regardless, we have the Parasite Cleanse kit from Bulk Herb Store, which I've never even unpacked from the box.  I ordered it thinking we had something else before arriving at the scabies diagnosis.  But... wouldn't it help in this case, too?  Or I thought about even putting the wormwood powder in my bath and soaking (since taking it internally while nursing is not advisable).  Would that help at all? 

I just want to make sure we zapped all these mites because this has been a harsh ordeal!  My kids are 7 months, 2, 3, 4, 6, and 8...  I'm not sure if it's safe to give the wormwood, cloves, and/or black walnut to whichever age groups.  Any experience or input?  Thanks!

Offline Sassafrass

• Learning
Re: Parasite Cleanse for Scabies?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 06:42:35 AM »
Not sure about internal iradication, but EXTERNAL scabies itching can be eliminated with neem oil. 50/50 mixed with a carrier, and applied every night until gone. With the smaller ones....perhaps 40% neem to 60% carrier.

Sassy

Offline happywife

• Learning
Re: Parasite Cleanse for Scabies?
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 06:49:30 AM »
We did end up getting rid of them with neem!   :D

I mixed coconut oil, neem oil, and tea tree oil.  And the problem with my baby was that he had impetigo as a result of the scratching from the scabies.  He had to do a round of antibiotics for that, but PRAISE THE LORD we are all in the clear now!!   :)