Author Topic: One week "beauty" regime?  (Read 2971 times)

Offline Jesus_Princess

• Adept
  • Me and my best friend (aka my brother)
    • Thoughts from Ellerslie
One week "beauty" regime?
« on: April 11, 2011, 01:14:52 PM »
Okay, so I just recently (six weeks ago ;)) enter into a courtship with a Godly man  ;D. He is coming home for spring break (he is a teacher) in five days and this will actually be the first time we have seen each other since New Years.  I, of course, want to look my best. 
Do y'all have any suggestions to help with complexion, hair, b.o., etc. to do this week in preparation?  Thank you all so much!
Through Christ,
JP
PostScript- I am drinking water and taking burdock root (have been for about three weeks).
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I want to run a rescue shop within a yard of Hell."
          - C.T. Studd

My wonderful mommy is In Christ!

My Blog:
http://steppingheavenward-ellerslie.blogspot.com/

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
Re: One week "beauty" regime?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 04:09:02 PM »
I wouldn't recommend any internal cleansing or fasting at this point, because that may bring out some nasty acne and bad breath! lol  Maybe do a facial and soak in some essential oils and herbs? Congratulations and have fun!! So happy for you!

Offline Gigi

• Master
Re: One week "beauty" regime?
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 02:46:21 PM »
HIO, your comment made me laugh out loud!  So true!

As far as feeling pretty, I like to get my hair freshly trimmed and do an nice hot oil hair treatment thingy.  Also, mixing up some sugar or salt in a Tb of olive oil and doing a face scrub right in the shower feels fantastic!  And, do the same thing on your hands.  And push your cuticles back. And put on a lovely smile.

Have fun!   8)