Author Topic: Crohn's Disease  (Read 2013 times)

Offline Jody McRoberts

• Wide Eyed
Crohn's Disease
« on: March 12, 2011, 04:51:28 PM »
My 16-year-old son was diagnosed with Crohn's disease when he was nine.  We had him take some cleaning herbs (from Germany) for awhile, and he got better.  He has flare-ups off and on, but after a year or so, he didn't really have any symptoms.  His diet is not terrible, but it's probably not the best, either.

He has had more pain again, and it is in basically the same spot, so it sounds like an ulcer.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!!    :-X

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
Re: Crohn's Disease
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 11:59:56 AM »
Have you read the book, Patient Heal Thyself, by Jordan Rubin. The young man was diagnosed with Chron's and was near death himself. He overcame using a powerful probiotic with HSO's (homeostatic soil organisms).
For intestinal ulcers, aloe vera juice not only soothes, but repairs damaged lining. Primal Defense probiotics with HSO's daily would be beneficial.
A lot of people have had success using the GAPS diet to repair damage to the gut/intestines.
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,20533.0.html

Offline WellTellMommy

• Adept
  • Ft. Banchee
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 08:23:15 PM »
The GAPS book really teaches a lot about the body and why it reacts to some foods, it helps know the whole of the story to know how to read ones body so you can pin point what if any foods are aggravating symptoms, happy reading. 
DD 5yo---Mom, I think we should take a camera with us when we go to Heaven, it'll be so beautiful up there.

Sherri

Offline Livelovely

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 06:02:00 AM »
We are on the Specific Carbohydrate diet for healing because of celiacs disease, but I know most people who go on it are able to get off medication just after a few months and their and they find healing from Crohn's just by the diet.  Check it out.  It's like GAPS, but better I think.
Mama, is your name Honey or just Mama?