Author Topic: Lump in armpit, not in the lymph node  (Read 3528 times)

Offline peaches

• Wide Eyed
Lump in armpit, not in the lymph node
« on: February 23, 2011, 04:06:27 AM »
Hello everyone, I have a question I was hoping someone could help me out with. 
In June when I was 5-6 months preg with our dd, I developed a lump in my armpit.  It started out small and continued to grow to about a quarter size in circum.  I was really concerned of course.  My Midwife said it wasnt a milk duct...not close enough to the breast.  My naturopathic chiropractor didnt think much of it, claiming he thought it was muscle belly (which I wasnt so sure about).  I wasnt really lifting any more at that point to create muscle belly, I thought.  I did some reading on the internet about hormonal lumps, etc.  After a month or two from my daughters birth, it went away...for about a month...then it came back.  It is smaller and oblong, oddly shaped.  It is in my RIGHT armpit.  I have SLIGHT pains in it occasionally.
Ok, so now I have majorly thinning hair and dry scalp on my RIGHT side (which has happened about 11/2 to 2 years ago...it was just starting to grow in). I know losing hair during breastfeeding is common, but believe me, this is worse than that.  Also, I have had drainage on my RIGHT side down my neck for about a year.  It is just fuller, you can tell.  I also have a small swollen lymph node on the back of my neck...one on each side, but the one on the RIGHT is bigger...about the size of a cherry pit or so. 
Also, I hada lot of issues with my adrenal glands during pregnancy and had to take nutrition to control it..it caused me to be on the hypoglycemic side of things.  I have had trouble with them in the past..to the point that I throw up and have almost passed out in the night from a blood sugar drop.  I eat NO sugar, honey, etc.  It goes along with the adrenal issues and causes me major issues.  I would have bad cold, sore throat, and lymph drainage within hours that would stay for DAYS!!!  Allergic reaction, I suppose. 
 I am sorry to write my life story, but I wanted to give as much info as possible to help with "Diagnosis" ;D   I am nursing at this time, so whatever I do have has to coincide in that area.  Also, about 12 years ago, I had an iridologist say I had thyroid issues.  Or could it be a food allergy??  I think the hair thing happens when I am not getting sleep???  That is really hard on the adrenals, too. 
I REALLY dont want to see an MD, cause I know what the procedure is...slice and dice.  HELP!!!!!

Offline tynnille

• Adept
Re: Lump in armpit, not in the lymph node
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 03:57:48 AM »
Check out the book/cookbook Nourishing Traditions. She has such a vast amount of info in there that is food based nutrition. Fish stock and other bone broths are very helpful to supporting the thyroid and so many traditional foods that can help your body heal itself without risking your nursing baby.
I do not have specific help, but just read that book. You can check it out at your local library first and then purchase it...you will not regret it.