Author Topic: Bladder spasms, child on Ditropan  (Read 3553 times)

Offline JandaMissions

• Wide Eyed
Bladder spasms, child on Ditropan
« on: January 22, 2011, 05:31:19 AM »
My five year old sister was born with spina bifida. She has struggled with severe UTIs and has basically been on antibiotics for all her life. The doctor said that her bladder can only hold a couple ounces before it begins to spasm and push urine back into her kidneys. They have her on Ditropan for the spasms but Mom wants to give her something natural for it. Any suggestions???

>>>>http://www.bulkherbstore.com/#a_aid=JandaMissions<<<<

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
Re: Bladder spasms, child on Ditropan
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 05:37:03 AM »

Yes!!!  They can give her d-mannose (or sometimes just called mannose) powder daily.  We had to do this with my youngest DD for a few years.  You can buy it at www.luckyvitamin.com.  It's very cheap.  For a child that old they would do 1 tsp. in applesauce the first day and then 1/2 tsp. daily after that.  *If* she were to get an infection they would do 1 tsp. daily for 7 days and then go back to 1/2 tsp.  After doing all that, they'll figure out just how much she needs to maintain no infection.  But I'm pretty sure 1/2 tsp. will be enough. 

I do hope they'll try this!  It works wonders and is so much better then antibiotics.  So many people on WTM use it with great success. 

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.