Author Topic: Eyelashes turning white!  (Read 20692 times)

Offline khix

• Master
  • Forever changed, forever Yours!
Eyelashes turning white!
« on: January 07, 2011, 05:02:14 AM »
This is embarrassing, but some of my eyelashes on my eye are turning white!  This started a month or 2 ago, and this morning, I thought I noticed more.  I don't think it's old age, as I'm only 35.  What could the cause be, and what are possible cures/solutions?  (besides wearing mascara!)  Will they ever regain their color?

Could mascara have caused it?

Hormone issues?  Thyroid issues?

Diet issues?

Just a freak loss of pigment?
Save $5 on your first order at www.iHerb.com!  Use referral code HIC104.

www.campaignforliberty.com

Offline khix

• Master
Re: Eyelashes turning white!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 08:48:14 AM »
BUMP

I've searched & searched, and I'm thinking that my white eyelashes are due to either thyroid issues, or just a loss of pigment due to getting older.

I couldn't find any diet or hormone or other causes that would pertain to me.  But, that's not to say that there are not other causes.  I've learned that just because the medical community says that A doesn't cause B, doesn't mean it's true.

But, no matter the cause, is there a way to reverse it, to get my color back?  Or am I doomed to always wearing mascara as a cover up?

Anyone else experience this?  Or am I just weird?   ;)

Offline ladyhen

• Master
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 02:00:17 PM »
There is the possibility that it is a genetic tendency.  I found a couple of articles suggesting mineral or vitamin deficiencies are the cause of early greying. 

Mothering.com

This site has a listing of deficiency symptoms that show up in eyes, skin, hair, etc. 
ediblenature

I know that, in my case, taking Schulze's SuperFood has significantly slowed my hair turning grey and makes the grey hair soft and wavy rather than wiry.  The SuperFood is a whole food supplement.  You can read more about his terrific products HERE.
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13

Offline HappyWifey

• Adept
    • Rejoicing Evermore
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 06:31:37 AM »
I know that animals that are copper deficient begin to lose the pigmentation in their fur, or it just changes color. Not sure about humans, but it seems like something similar would happen.

Offline khix

• Master
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 03:39:14 AM »
Thanks for the ideas, ladies.  Sorry for the late reply.  Been so busy, and I forgot that I even had this question posted.

Anyway, I will look into any vitamin or mineral deficiencies. It could very well be the case....but why isn't any of my other hair turning white?  It's just the upper eyelashes on one eye.

One theory I've come up with recently is baking soda.  Baking soda has mild bleaching properties, right?  I ask this, because sometimes I'll put baking soda on my armpits to help with odor, and here recently, I've noticed white patches on my armpit skin.  I'm thinking my skin was bleached from the baking soda?  If so, any way to reverse or undo the bleaching?  And, would the baking soda have somehow "traveled" to my face and caused the eyelashes to turn white?  Every once in a blue moon, I'll exfoliate my face using baking soda, but I don't see how a once in a blue use of this could have caused any bleaching of my eyelashes?  There are no white spots on my face.   ???  Anyway, just a theory - what do ya'll think of this theory?