Author Topic: On the go all the time! Need help with nutritious meal plan...  (Read 2986 times)

Offline amlucy

• Learning
On the go all the time! Need help with nutritious meal plan...
« on: December 17, 2010, 03:05:51 AM »
I'm a prego mom of two ( ages 3 1/2 and 19 months. Baby due end of Feb.) My dh and I have regular trips to the chirporactor, plus we only have one car, so any time I have to go anywhere, we have to load everyone in the car at 6 am & ride to my dh's work. That's not counting the 3 trips to church in one week, baby doctor appointents, etc. My point is that we're on the go a lot (at least 3 times a week). I'm trying to find easy, affordable ways to eat healthy while we're away from home. Most of the meals for supper on the days I'm away from the house have to be done in the crock pot & be ready when we get in the door or hubby has a tendency to want to go out for Chinese or just make something and usually the stuff we throw together soeems really unhealthy.

I'm looking for quick breakfasts we can eat before we go,(easy cleanup off of small children :)), lunches that are healthy and easy to pack, and dinners that can be trown together quick or made in advance. I know that's a lot to ask, but I worry so much about our diet and want to get in a better routine. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Offline amlucy

• Learning
Re: On the go all the time! Need help with nutritious meal plan...
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 09:57:12 AM »
What I really want is for a healthy over all meal plan. I have yet to find a post that has this topic. I want to know how to plan a day with all the right foods with a quick breakfast, an on the go lunch appropriate for 19 mo, 3 yo, preog me & my dh, and a dinner that can be put together quick or in advance. How do I do this and not end up at McYucky where I know the kids and I will not get the fruit and veggie intake that we need? If there are other posts on this topic and I just haven't found them, please put their links on this page for me. Thanks!

Offline ladyhen

• Master
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 04:00:37 PM »
What I really want is for a healthy over all meal plan. I have yet to find a post that has this topic. I want to know how to plan a day with all the right foods with a quick breakfast, an on the go lunch appropriate for 19 mo, 3 yo, preog me & my dh, and a dinner that can be put together quick or in advance.

One good source for nutritional meal ideas and recipes that I love to recommend is the cookbook, Whole Foods for the Whole Family, sold by La Leche League.

hth! 
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13

Offline amlucy

• Learning
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 01:29:04 AM »
Thanks for pulling all those for me. I don't get much time on here, so I haven't had the chance to look thorough enough to find what I needed exactly. Thanks for all the work! Much apreciated!

Alicia