Author Topic: Hashimoto's disease  (Read 4664 times)

Offline joy b

• Adept
Hashimoto's disease
« on: December 06, 2010, 04:01:16 AM »
Does anyone have any experience or information about Hashimoto's disease?  I have a relative who is seriously ill with it.   It causes the immune system to attack the thyroid gland, and as a result can cause hypothyroidism. 

Even if the disease would still remain, would it help at all to aggressively treat for hypothyroidism?

Offline DHW

• Adept
Re: Hashimoto's disease
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 03:47:43 PM »
Go to the search bar and type in Hashimoto.  You will get a page of threads that mention it.

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 11:26:16 AM »
There's quite a bit of helpful info on autoimmune diseases here on WTM as well. It is well worth the time to search out those threads.
Ultimately it is the immune system that needs to be healed, not the thyroid, although there are testimonies of using iodine and other treatments specific to thyroid function helping to heal Hashimoto's.

Offline joy b

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 05:51:01 PM »
Thanks!  I had searched for info before posting, but this search engine seems to be pretty picky.   :)

Offline kittyninja

• KITTYNINJA
  • Master
    • blogger
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 06:48:41 AM »
Wow I'm surprised to see this on the main page! I was diagnosed with this when I was 19 but not really told much about it. Being young and all I didn't really care or take care of it. I think I may be dealing with issues from it now. Ok off to do some research.

Offline ladyhen

• Master
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 07:23:32 AM »
Thanks!  I had searched for info before posting, but this search engine seems to be pretty picky.   :)

Try clicking on 'Advanced Search' and then type in  hypothyroid.
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline kylesgirl

• Learning
  • More than conquerors...
    • My blog