Author Topic: Help with HAIR!!!!!  (Read 6730 times)

Offline kate

• Learning
Help with HAIR!!!!!
« on: November 08, 2010, 06:16:45 AM »

Hey everyone,

I made a chamomile tincture in apple cider vinegar!! I am going to use it in my hair. I just wondered if anyone can tell me what they use or some recipes! I 'm new at all this and would appreciate any advice you can give!!!

Thanks!!!!
                  Kate :)

Offline HappyWifey

• Adept
    • Rejoicing Evermore
Re: Help with HAIR!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 09:34:53 AM »
Hello Kate, I listed how I make mine on my blog http://rejoicingevermore.blogspot.com. YOu'll have to scroll back through a number of posts to find it. :)

Offline kate

• Learning
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 05:36:25 AM »

Hello HappyWifey,

Thank you so much I can't wait to try it!!! My hair is very curly and thick. Thank you for your help!!!!!

Kate :)

Offline HappyWifey

• Adept
    • Rejoicing Evermore
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 11:04:22 AM »
Your welcome. :)

Offline Sewbusy

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 07:25:11 AM »
So happywifey, how does your hair do in the winter with a wood stove? I have been using vinegar and I am getting ready to cut about 10" off my hair so that I don't keep loosing it. I loose brushfulls every day! The dryness makes it so static-y and I can brush it and by the time I get two twists of a braid done the thing is a MATTED mess! There goes another 5 minutes to brush it out then I start all over again. Some days I get so tired out that I just put it up with a rats nest in the middle because I just can't spend all day brushing it. My man loves how long it is but doesn't think it is worth loosing it or spending a long time trying to care for it. If you have any info it would be SO appreciated!

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 03:22:44 AM »
It's natural to lose hair in the winter, but here are a few things you should consider:
1.  Never run to stove without a bowl of water on top to replenish the air's moisture.  You can throw in cloves, cinnamon, lavender, or any other herb to make it smell nice, too.
2.  Make sure you dilute the vinegar by at least 4 parts water to one part vinegar
3.  Do not use coconut soap or regular shampoo as these are very drying.  Use a natural castile bar soap free of laurel sulfates.  I like One With Nature brand from iherb.com.
4.  Conditioners are not nearly as bad as shampoos.  Maybe you could get a natural conditioner and use it once each week during the winter?
5.  Many people rub coconut oil or jojoba oil into the ends of their hair to moisturize.  My hair gets greasy too easily for that so I use aloe vera.  It it the best!  I buy it by the gallon from Mountain Rose Herbs and I slather it on the ends and any dry patches after I wash my hair.  It has a mild hold factor if you let it dry undisturbed, but it brushes smooth after it dries, leaving no residue because it gets absorbed in to your hair.  You could even rub it into your scalp.  It's very nourishing and I highly recommend it.
6.  Are you taking any supplements?  Vitamin E is great for keeping your skin, nails and hair nourished.
7.  If you really do cut off a bunch of hair, please donate it.  :-)
  Good luck!

Offline HappyWifey

• Adept
    • Rejoicing Evermore
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 03:13:19 PM »
Sewbusy, we are wood heat here too and I had those same issues. They were gone with the vinegar rinse. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to get mine to grow longer, it's stuck just above my waist for 2 years now. But I think it's dietary issues. :)

Offline HappyWifey

• Adept
    • Rejoicing Evermore
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 03:16:53 PM »
Oh and as soon as I can get the ingredients together I'm going to try out this shampoo.

1/2 C water
1 egg
1 T lemon juice
1 T coconut oil
1 T castile soap
a few drops tea tree (or any other) oil
a little bit of rose water (not ness. but very nice touch I'm told)

Mix well in blender and use like regular shampoo.

Offline Sewbusy

• Adept
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 07:10:22 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions. We do keep water on the stove. I also need to dig out my humidifiers. W/O the humidifiers we are at about 20% humidity. And I am going to donate my hair :) that's why the 10". My hair is so easy to care for now that it is cut but I know my man misses it. It is still coming out like crazy so maybe I need to see what kind of nutrients I may be deficient in but at least I can brush it easily and get it put up.  I use baking soda for my "soap" and it works great. I have a bunch of herbs for making a vinegar herbal tincture  just need to get it done...

Offline HappyWifey

• Adept
    • Rejoicing Evermore
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2010, 07:53:29 AM »
I just read in a hormone book I'm reading that lots of hair falling out and hair that grows slowly or not at all is a sign of low Estrogen.

Offline Sewbusy

• Adept
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2010, 08:32:25 PM »
I can believe that. My Midwife and I both think I have REALLY HIGH progesterone when I am preggy... 

Offline Jesus_Princess

• Adept
  • Me and my best friend (aka my brother)
    • Thoughts from Ellerslie
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2010, 10:59:08 AM »
I have a question.  Every time I try to go natural I start having dandruff.  Is there a way to stop this?  I have never had dandruff before and this time around it seems to be persisting even though I am washing my hair with shampoo again (a little diluted).  It usually starts the dandruff right at the point wear I have weaned myself completely off the shampoo (after months of slowly diluting it.  Is there something I can do or should I just accept that shampoo is a staple for me.  (I use ShiKai about a third of the bottle and the rest water)
"Some wish to live within the sound of a chapel bell, I want to run a rescue shop within a yard of Hell."
          - C.T. Studd

My wonderful mommy is In Christ!

My Blog:
http://steppingheavenward-ellerslie.blogspot.com/

Offline Sewbusy

• Adept
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2010, 12:56:55 PM »
hum.... baking soda and vinegar cleared up my man's 30 years of dandruff.... He does still have to do it EVERY day but that is easy for him. Your scalp may just need to adjust to the natural. It can take up to 3 months for your head to get used to not being treated harshly.

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2010, 03:51:29 PM »
Also, going two or three times as long as usual between washes can help reset your scalp oils.  Then you can wash less frequently, and just massage your scalp an rinse on the days between to spread the oils around.