Author Topic: Nutrimill Leaking LOTS of flour  (Read 3433 times)

Offline christa778

• Learning
Nutrimill Leaking LOTS of flour
« on: November 01, 2010, 01:57:33 PM »
I have had my Nutrimill for about 3 years now and it started leaking flour slowly at first and now it leaks tons each time I use it ???
I took it apart and cleaned everything out. There was probably 1 1/2c. of flour in the engine area? I used it again hoping that everything was fixed but it started spraying out flour just like before? I'm afraid if I use it I'll mess it up but don't know how to fix it? Anyone have any experience with this? For some reason my owners manual got lost in our move :-\ So I can't reference it?

Offline all4him

• Adept
Re: Nutrimill Leaking LOTS of flour
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 08:19:03 AM »
Do you have the little round spongy thing in? I have a Nutrimill to, and the only time it leaked is when i dint have it pushed in right? And I've had mine for 3-4 ? yrs now! Sorry- thats the only thing I can think of!?
The Joy of the Lord is my Strength!

Offline christa778

• Learning
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 08:35:08 AM »
Yea I had everything in just like it is supposed to be? I can't even really tell where the flour is leaking from?

Offline petrimama

• Master
    • My blog...
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 03:30:34 AM »
This may sound dumb, but is the little plastic measuring cup attached to the inside of the lid (opposite the little hole where the filter fits) while you are running it?  I have forgotten to attach it many times.  :o  If it comes loose even a little it can create a big mess, and sometimes if the flour bin gets too full that can happen, so maybe you could try doing smaller loads.  I'd put the machine in a dry sink, drape a light towel over it and run it for a minute without wheat just to clean out the gears, too.  Good luck!

Offline a11an49

• Learning
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 01:18:23 AM »
I think the best thing would be take it to the shop from where you bought it and get it fixed!! Maybe with changing some small part, the problem will be solved or else they will be able to find the reason behind the leak in the nutrimill when to take it over to them! I've had one the last couple of years and it's still going strong for me though I don't use it very often!