Author Topic: Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis  (Read 4381 times)

Offline mmcarson

• Wide Eyed
Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
« on: October 20, 2010, 02:04:01 PM »
My three year old son has not been diagnosed yet, but has been having, swelling and pain in his knees for 3 months.  He also has multiple food allergies and different foods seem to make the pain worse.  All of this has been accompanied by low grade fevers that come and go as well as his knees feeling hot to the touch.  He has been taking ibuprofen to ease the pain, but I really need to get him off of that.  We are seeing a chiropractor that thinks it may be rheumatoid and so we are on a strict meat and vegetable and some fruit diet, no grains or sugar.  His blood work showed high general inflammation, but no increase in his white blood cells(infection). I'm just wondering if anyone is familiar with this and if we are on the right path.  I also need some safe herbal pain relievers so we can wean him off of the ibuprofen.  He will not move his legs without ibuprofen in his system.

Offline Precious

• Adept
Re: Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 03:07:21 PM »
No one in my family has JRA, but I have an idea for a simple pain-relieving treatment.  Put a quarter-size amount of coconut oil (or any carrier oil such as olive oil) in your palm and add 1-2 drops of eucalyptus essential oil.  Massage into painful area.  We have had great improvements in knee pain with this remedy.

Arnica and St. John's Wort (topically) are also supposed to be good for pain.

These threads may be helpful to you: Natural Anti-Inflammatories and Herbs for Pain and Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Diet is also important, of course, as your chiropractor has mentioned.  In addition to avoiding grains and sugars, I'd have him avoid nightshades (tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, eggplant).  They increase inflammation.  Also be sure he is getting plenty of good fats: coconut oil, cod liver oil, butter/ghee.

The JRA thread mentions that Lyme Disease may be another possible diagnosis.

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 04:59:37 PM »
Another thread that should help:

Looking For a Pain Relief Herbal Formula

(I had forgotten about the herbs for pain thread when I started the Looking For a Pain Relief Herbal Formula or I would have just posted on the 1st thread. Oops.  ::) ::))

Offline mmcarson

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 06:44:47 PM »
Thank you so much I'm new to this forum and looked for info on JRA, but couldn't find it!

Offline noahjojoguru

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 09:16:53 PM »
Hi mmcarson,
     You must see doctor. Its better to consult experienced doctor of arthritis. The symptoms which are mentioned here is showing signal towards JRA. As soon as possible meet with doctor. Life is not worthless and i'm sure you will not mess around your son's life.

Thanks
noah