Author Topic: Needing some major advice, help, encouragement  (Read 2905 times)

Offline jessica

• Adept
Needing some major advice, help, encouragement
« on: October 08, 2010, 10:13:39 AM »
First of all I am having some major health problems that I thought I just started having at the beginning of summer this year, but thinking back I think it has been creeping up on me and I just noticed it because of the pain it is now causing. I think I am in need of some MAJOR detoxing, I thought I was pretty healthy before I started having all my problems but now I'm pretty sure if I don't get these toxins out of my system soon I'll end up paralyzed or dead in the next few years or sooner.  My problems involve brain fog to the point where I am talking and my mind blanks out, I cannot even remember my train of thought. I cannot remember words that I am trying to say at times, I have to write everything down I can be told something one min and the next I completely forgot what I was told.  Also I have been having chronic debilitating sciatic nerve pain that starts in my tail bone and radiates into my left butt and than down my leg, so far the pain stops behind my knee, but I have tingling all the way down into my foot, and I have lost a lot of feeling in the skin behind my knee and my thigh.  I have developed allergies to cats(for sure, not sure about other animals) and seasonal allergies within the last 2 years.   I am constantly coughing because I have mucous in the back of my throat.  I am also very inconveniently 2 months pregnant.  I need to know what to do about all this I cannot wait till the baby is born and I stop weaning to detox or do something medically about this problem.  I am in extreme constant pain all day. I cannot do my duties as a mother or wife. I have about 2-4 hours a day where I am semi-productive before the pain gets unbearable and I have to lay down.  I have not been able to clean my house, keep up on the laundry or the dishes, cook meals or parent my 4 children since the pain has gotten so bad.  I have done some research on Sciatica and am left depressed and hopeless.  There are 2 types of Sciatica Acute which last 6 weeks or less and Chronic which can last forever, I have Chronic.  My medical doctor is recommending an MRI to find out if i might have a disc problem, but I cannot have that done until I am no longer pregnant.  I have gone to 3 different chiropractors, the fist was a traditional one, the second one who uses the Proadjuster and the third, who I am still going to, uses adjustment of the atlas to correct spinal problems.  Nothing has helped for even long enough to get home.  My next thought was to go see a Naturalpath, but not sure if that will do any good because I took my 8 year old son to him to help with his bedwetting and it did nothing, but cost a ton of money.  I am really not sure where else to go from here.  
Jessica

Offline steadygirl

• Adept
    • My church home page
Re: Needing some major advice, help, encouragement
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 09:48:51 AM »
 My problems involve brain fog to the point where I am talking and my mind blanks out, I cannot even remember my train of thought. I cannot remember words that I am trying to say at times, I have to write everything down I can be told something one min and the next I completely forgot what I was told.

My Mom has trouble like this when she eats wheat. You may have an allergy causing this or you may be gluten intolerant. Try taking some of the most common allergy foods out of your diet for a couple weeks. See of you feel better. If you do feel better, add them back one at a time until you find which one was causing the problems. Wheat, corn, eggs, and milk are common ones.
Also if you are having a hard time digesting your food you may feel this way. You might want to try a digestive aid. (papaya or something on that order)

Offline hisham

• Learning
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 12:12:23 PM »
Something to look into also is "oil pulling". You should be able to find some info and testimonies here at WTM. Another site is www.earthclinic.com. It can reduce and eliminate an array of allergies as well as particular joint/body pain ( that I have read ). This is safe for pregnant women too and can improve overall dental health. I am new to the oil pulling myself and have just recently started but if we can remove toxins and metals from our bodies, I'm all for it! Good luck to you! - Hisham
"Give God the glory"

Offline Precious

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 04:24:22 PM »
I would also suggest trying a physical therapist for help with the sciatica.  You might even try to find one that specializes in women's health/pregnancy.  I'm not sure if you have insurance or not, but if your doctor writes a prescription/referral for PT it would be covered.  If you don't have insurance, you can go to a PT without a doctor's prescription.

Offline MomHandBabyH

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 08:17:40 PM »
You must be around 7-8 months pregnant now but I just read this.  I hope you've found some relief!  My heart goes out to you. 

Look for a PRRT trained physical therapist or one licensed through NAIOMPT (with the highest levels of each; the higher they are trained, the more they will be able to do for you).  My husband has been a physical therapist for 12 years and I joke that he is the guy who will never stop going to school.  I'm sure you could look up John Iams on the internet to find or call for a list of certified PTs in your area (for PRRT).  NAIOMPT is another PT accreditation board that likely has a list of care providers online.  My husband is asleep right now otherwise I'd ask him.  We just moved to WI a few months ago.  In our previous hometown, Chris was seeing so many chronic pain patients and helping them get relief/healing.  He was working crazy hours because he couldn't turn them down, knowing he could help them.  I just know through his schooling that if anyone is looking for a PT who doesn't live near us, he recommends those 2 training fields/certifications. 

My thoughts are with you.  This late in a pregnancy starts getting uncomfortable physically for the basics so I hope you don't have it so much moreso with other pain issues.