Author Topic: liver flush w/o epsom salts and olive oil  (Read 2753 times)

Offline mommyM

• Adept
liver flush w/o epsom salts and olive oil
« on: August 12, 2010, 01:12:51 PM »
Can someone help me with ideas for how to cleanse your liver w/o the epsom salt and olive oil treatment?    I would like to do a liver cleanse and have tried the above treatment only to vomit it about every time  ::) yuck.

I do remember years ago that I had done a liver cleanse using a Nature's Sunshine liver product and you take one pill a day and every day add a pill up till day 30 then stop.  WOW 30 pills that one day.   The amazing thing was I had my husband do the cleanse as well, right after that he went to donate blood and was rejected because of a high liver something!

What are your ideas?

Offline motherhen7

• Learning
Re: liver flush w/o epsom salts and olive oil
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 05:09:51 PM »
I'd like to know too!   

I tried the lemon juice and olive oil flush once, about 7 years ago- not the epsom salts one. I don't think it did anything for me, it was so hard to get down- actually I don't think I took the whole lot or even if I had more than a couple of TBS, the straw didn't help much.  Milk Thistle and juice fasting/raw foods was about as good as it was going to get for me to cleanse my liver.

I've heard an apple and apple juice fast 3 days prior is supposed to be good before a liver/gall bladder flush.  But how to get the yucky mix down?   :P

I can see of benefit with the magnesium sulphate ( Epsom Salts) is that it would clear out your bowels as well. 

If I were to try it again I would possibly mix it up well in the blender with ice and freeze like icecream- just to get it down, swallowing in clumps.  I can't even get fresh virgin coconut down either unless it's mixed in or cooked in an omelette.

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
Re: liver flush w/o epsom salts and olive oil
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 05:42:14 PM »
This thread may help.
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,26466.0.html

Consistent use of lemon juice and milk thistle will gently cleanse the liver provided you aren't exposing yourself to lots of hormones (like birth control) or phytoestrogens and the like in soy, processed foods, and non organic animal products or sprayed produce.

Simply improving digestion and bowel health will also let the liver function properly. Things like Dr. Schulze formula #1, digestive enzymes like Now Super Enzymes, probiotics, or foods such as ACV, or cleansing juices.