Author Topic: Mental Illness - Conversion Disorder Diagnosis...need help for recovery  (Read 26533 times)

Offline sevendaisies

• Learning
HealthyinOhio,
 I had kidney failure last year.

Okay, this is different. Were you diagnosed with this after your CD diagnosis?  Is it a normal symptom of the CD to have kidney failure?
The cordyceps fungus is in a capsule, so you don't have to worry about tasting it.
I am assuming that this isn't a demon possession thing, because you are born-again, right?
Hmmmm.....still thinking......

I had kidney failure a year ago in September while pregnant with my youngest baby. My kidney folded in half and my ureter did a zig zag kink. The CD diagnosis was this July. I am a born again believer and no I do not believe I am demon possessed. Although I do believe that some people mentally disturbed with various mental "illnesses" are or very well could be. . . I was a firm "hater" of mental illness/disorder and the medical industry with conventional medicine, I do believe I have been humbled by the Lord through this. What am I learning and what God wants to show me through this I am still seeking to find out.
"Give thanks to the God of gods; for his loving kindness endures forever" Psalm 136:2

Offline sevendaisies

• Learning
I have been informed that I need psychotherapy and physical therapy to get better. My problems still lies within my brain and I have accepted that, but I have high anxiety levels and co-morbid depression which I once did not believe in.

Dont' remember if you addressed this and if I sound harsh it is not my intention I just heard the desperation in your  post #25 and it was scary and so sad:

If you went for conventional testing in a hospital and accept the conventional allopathic diagnosis of CD have you seriously considered trying their prescribed treatment? It just might help. You can still try natural products/treatments at the same time

You don't need to take any prescribed meds if you don't want to either. It sounds like you are at the bottom and nothing else is working, so maybe it can't hurt and you can always stop or find someone else if you are not comfortable with the therapist you see.  You  seem close to rock bottom with your last post and I would think any help especially that prescribed by those who diagnosed your condition would be a plausible treatment to at least try.

You say you are not "so closed minded to mental illness anymore" how about giving those who treat mental illnesses a try? There are some excellent Christian counselors out there too- from the extremely biblical Christian viewpoint to the more liberal Christian viewpoint.

Are you doing physical therapy? Did you try it?

Remember, no matter what you try it will still be in Lord's hands and He can still guide you!

I'll keep praying for you!

Thank you very much for the Prayer. I appreciate it! I have not been taking any medications since being discharged from the hospital. I had initially been willing to take what the dr told me because I was really at their mercy for my condition and health was very poor. But once I believed what the diagnosis was I was not willing to take any more prescription medication. I was discharged and since being home I have only sought to treat the symptoms that go with it through natural remedies. I believe that if what they say I have going on anxiety depression etc is the case the medication they give will only be treating a symptom that is not being caused by real depression or anxiety etc. if they are just symptoms of the brains causing then a natural remedy would work the same but without negative side affects and without addiction or re-damaging parts of my brain I already damaged by drug abuse and narcotics.

I changed my user name because of a personal reason. Not meant to confuse anyone!  :)
"Give thanks to the God of gods; for his loving kindness endures forever" Psalm 136:2

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.

I had kidney failure a year ago in September while pregnant with my youngest baby. My kidney folded in half and my ureter did a zig zag kink. The CD diagnosis was this July. I am a born again believer and no I do not believe I am demon possessed. Although I do believe that some people mentally disturbed with various mental "illnesses" are or very well could be. . . I was a firm "hater" of mental illness/disorder and the medical industry with conventional medicine, I do believe I have been humbled by the Lord through this. What am I learning and what God wants to show me through this I am still seeking to find out.

Okay, if you are saved and know it, then I don't believe you have a mental illness at all. I don't care what those psychologists and doctors say!  You may very well have some sort of neurological disorder that they can't quite diagnose, yet.
Personally, I know you've been through test after test, I would get a second opinion. A lot of the times, all it takes is a different doctor just "reading" the test results differently. You may not have to go through those tests, again. Just have them transferred to a trustworthy doctor(I know, they are few and far between)
Remember the psychologists and the medical community once thought h*m*sexuality to be a mental disease at once!  :P

Offline 6psnapod

• Learning
I mentioned counseling as prescribed by the Mayo docs because of the abuse you spoke about. Obviously this is still fresh in your mind and painful for you. But it was not your fault and not your body’s fault.  It is your abusers fault your abusers sin. 

Did something trigger these painful memories. Is one of your children about the age you were when this happened to you? (please don’t answer these publically) Did someone act funny around your kids? Are you suspicious of someone? Did you recently read something about abuse (news, etc) that could have triggered the traumatic memories and subsequent traumatic physical responses (CD)?

Some victims blame themselves and hate their own bodies afterward. Could you be blaming your body and it is responding with CD? Even if you think you aren't, deep inside you might and it has manifested itself in your CD.

Whatever you want to call it you have been through a lot of emotional trauma from your history of abuse. Emotional/abuse trauma needs to heal just like our bodies when they are traumatized. To heal it's up to God and you and wise counsel if you so chose.

You may have physical problems brought on by the stress of your abuse and now your CD and you mentioned a past problem with narcotics that natural rememedies and practioners could very well help with but the ROOT just might not be inside your body but inside your heart and head.

People resort to all kinds of things to heal their bodies so never be ashamed to talk with someone to help heal your heart and mind.

If prayer was all that was needed to cure our bodies we wouldn't have meds and docs either natural or otherwise. So likewise prayer and salvation alone may not end the horrific trauma that you as a victim of abuse have suffered. God can answer your prayer through a wise counselor.

Still praying for your health and strength and courage!

If abuse wasn't emotionally scarring with enormous negative consequences then why is it sin? God labels sin sin for good reason, He loves us!

Ultimately you need to do what is right for you and your family to get through this and come out the other side whole and healed. It may take a multipronged  approach. Shame never healed anyone don't let it destroy you.

Offline sevendaisies

• Learning
I mentioned counseling as prescribed by the Mayo docs because of the abuse you spoke about. Obviously this is still fresh in your mind and painful for you. But it was not your fault and not your body’s fault.  It is your abusers fault your abusers sin. 

Did something trigger these painful memories. Is one of your children about the age you were when this happened to you? (please don’t answer these publically) Did someone act funny around your kids? Are you suspicious of someone? Did you recently read something about abuse (news, etc) that could have triggered the traumatic memories and subsequent traumatic physical responses (CD)?

Some victims blame themselves and hate their own bodies afterward. Could you be blaming your body and it is responding with CD? Even if you think you aren't, deep inside you might and it has manifested itself in your CD.

Whatever you want to call it you have been through a lot of emotional trauma from your history of abuse. Emotional/abuse trauma needs to heal just like our bodies when they are traumatized. To heal it's up to God and you and wise counsel if you so chose.

You may have physical problems brought on by the stress of your abuse and now your CD and you mentioned a past problem with narcotics that natural rememedies and practioners could very well help with but the ROOT just might not be inside your body but inside your heart and head.

People resort to all kinds of things to heal their bodies so never be ashamed to talk with someone to help heal your heart and mind.

If prayer was all that was needed to cure our bodies we wouldn't have meds and docs either natural or otherwise. So likewise prayer and salvation alone may not end the horrific trauma that you as a victim of abuse have suffered. God can answer your prayer through a wise counselor.

Still praying for your health and strength and courage!

If abuse wasn't emotionally scarring with enormous negative consequences then why is it sin? God labels sin sin for good reason, He loves us!

Ultimately you need to do what is right for you and your family to get through this and come out the other side whole and healed. It may take a multipronged  approach. Shame never healed anyone don't let it destroy you.

I will answer you privetly one a few of the questions you asked, but I will say that I have been given much freedom from my past. Although while speaking with a therapist in the hospital we did get to the root of one issue I never thought could be helped because I live daily with problems from that abuse. But like most abused victims I dulled my heart and emotions with lots of drugs and alcohol. I numbed myself and then proceeded to act in very shameful ways with men because I had the inability to say no. I didn't realize until in the hospital speaking with a counselor that most sexually abused children don't know how to say no to anything because of never being given that opportunity. I was given a lot of comfort just seeing that I am not the only one who has had these problems, I know other sexual abused people or physically or mentally all have similar issues or should. But no matter how you try and see things something always makes you feel alone, like you are the only one.

I sought out my old psychology teacher a couple days ago and he got back to me. I respected that man more then any one who I would believe to have an authority on the subject of psychology. I hated having to take that class but God blessed me with a teacher who taught psychology as a scientific method for understanding how the brain works in connection to the rest of the body. He also is a school and family counselor and he has taken children off medication and adults too that were misdiganosed from practitioners. He is a firm believer that this country is over medicated and most mental illnesses we think we have are not even real in other countries. Anyways he explained CD in a way I could really appreciate. He also supplied me with good advice that I took could appreciate. The differences is I wont take anit depressents I would take a natural remedy for depression. I've started taking St. Johns wart just for a little mood boost while I figure out what to all to take. But I am sure that I will need counseling now and in order to obtain that I want to find a good Christian I can trust. I am still a very big sceptic of most counselors and naturally do not know how to trust any of them. I am praying God will lead me in the right direction to the right help!

I appreciate so much the prayer and time to talk to me. I have lost the ability to talk to most of my close family about it and it is rather sad that they have reacted the way they have to me on the subject. Sometimes strangers really can treat you better... maybe one of the reason God says to house them!  :)

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
St. John's wort is a very good start!  I would look into some other nervine herbs: passion flower, chamomile, hops, valerian, bee pollen, fushen, and dragon bone.
I know of a few people who were abused s*xually and had great freedom after listening to this teaching:
http://shop.nogreaterjoy.org/product_info.php/products_id/127

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
I'm stepping into this conversation very late in the game but wanted to share a few things that helped me.  I was abused as a child and then put out by my mom rather then have her put my abusers out.  After years of counseling (which was helpful in a lot of ways), anti-depressants, etc. I can look back and see what did help and what didn't. 

Godly counsel is helpful from someone who doesn't just tell you to "not think about it and it will go away" (had a pastor tell me that when I sought counsel once).  The drugs worked to only cover the symptoms and really numbed me and physically addicted me to them.  Natural mood boosting herbs were a great help.  But also treating my adrenals was key.  The stress that kind of abuse puts a person through will all but shut down adrenal glands.  You might look into adrenal boosting herbs and maybe even a natural cortisol increaser.  There's one listed on the adrenal thread on this site.  I'm brain cramping on it's name right now.  Part of healing the mood/depression is also fixing the adrenals from all the stress.  You might want to read through the adrenal thread here for suggestions on what to eat, supplement with, etc.   I think you will find that treating your adrenals along with mood boosting herbs will give you a much better improvement.

God bless you.  That was a journey I would not want to go through again.  But God does heal both mind and body. 

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline sevendaisies

• Learning
I'm stepping into this conversation very late in the game but wanted to share a few things that helped me.  I was abused as a child and then put out by my mom rather then have her put my abusers out.  After years of counseling (which was helpful in a lot of ways), anti-depressants, etc. I can look back and see what did help and what didn't. 

Godly counsel is helpful from someone who doesn't just tell you to "not think about it and it will go away" (had a pastor tell me that when I sought counsel once).  The drugs worked to only cover the symptoms and really numbed me and physically addicted me to them.  Natural mood boosting herbs were a great help.  But also treating my adrenals was key.  The stress that kind of abuse puts a person through will all but shut down adrenal glands.  You might look into adrenal boosting herbs and maybe even a natural cortisol increaser.  There's one listed on the adrenal thread on this site.  I'm brain cramping on it's name right now.  Part of healing the mood/depression is also fixing the adrenals from all the stress.  You might want to read through the adrenal thread here for suggestions on what to eat, supplement with, etc.   I think you will find that treating your adrenals along with mood boosting herbs will give you a much better improvement.

God bless you.  That was a journey I would not want to go through again.  But God does heal both mind and body. 

patti

Thank you for the insight I will take a look at the adrenals and what information I can get to see if it would be something to take into closer consideration. I have overcome plenty of my past and I thought most was taken care of through the healing power of the Lord. I had to accept what happened was not right, I had to forgive the past and learn to love the abuser(s) I encountered and though that sounds really simple but it was a 6 year process and now I am beginning to see some issues never dealt with in a symptom sense. I have forgiven the past feel very free from it. I just have to keep learning and going forward.   :-\

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
The list of supplements and vitamins I gave earlier are the primary ones for adrenal strengthening, as well as the ones most critical to boosting mood AND easing unexplained muscle pain.

One thing I noticed in one of your replies....I understand the pressure of having so many alternatives to sort through. I hope you feel supported here, not threatened by a response to your question(s).  ;)

As for not having a natural doctor in your area....you can try the Center for Natural Medicine in Nashville, TN. I don't know how tight their schedule is or how many or when they are taking new patients. I do know that the team of doctors there is dedicated, and one of them in particular has solved a couple cases brought to him, after Mayo Clinic wasn't able to provide relief. They are very experienced in reading blood tests....you should be able to send them copies of what you have already had done, and avoid even more blood draws at the beginning.

Center For Natural Medicine
4535 Harding Pike, Nashville, TN 37205-2120
#(615) 269-6355

Offline ladyhen

• Master
Last night I spoke with a good friend of mine who has some of the same health problems that I have.   Even though neither of us gained any physical benefit from the conversation, we both felt so strengthened by it.   There is so much to gain from knowing that someone else sees what is wrong.

Candy, I just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you.  There is so much information and it is a lot to ask for you to be doing all this research and decision making.   Don't lose heart, though.  There is an answer and you are doing right by searching.

I have had adrenal problems for many years and this can cause some of the symptoms you are experiencing.  I hope you will look into that as a possibility. 
None of the doctors that I went to even suspected or tested adrenal function.  I was told that is was psychological and told trite answers beginning with, "You women . . . "!  It wasn't until I went to a natural doctor that my low functioning adrenals were checked and treated. 

Even without seeing a doctor, please try to get the supplements that boysmama recommends.  They can only help.
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13

Offline sevendaisies

• Learning
Last night I spoke with a good friend of mine who has some of the same health problems that I have.   Even though neither of us gained any physical benefit from the conversation, we both felt so strengthened by it.   There is so much to gain from knowing that someone else sees what is wrong.

Candy, I just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you.  There is so much information and it is a lot to ask for you to be doing all this research and decision making.   Don't lose heart, though.  There is an answer and you are doing right by searching.

I have had adrenal problems for many years and this can cause some of the symptoms you are experiencing.  I hope you will look into that as a possibility. 
None of the doctors that I went to even suspected or tested adrenal function.  I was told that is was psychological and told trite answers beginning with, "You women . . . "!  It wasn't until I went to a natural doctor that my low functioning adrenals were checked and treated. 

Even without seeing a doctor, please try to get the supplements that boysmama recommends.  They can only help.

I appreciate the prayer and advice, my mind is pretty slow to take all this in and today has been the worst day I have had since being home from the hospital. I turned to a Christian Counselor who I am going to see this Tuesday. I am am not sure what way to go now. My husband did some research on why regular pain medicine didn't help me and came back with that if the medicine is designed to treat a symptom specifically it wont work because that is not what is wrong. If the brain is causing something to be wrong the only medicines that will help come from something that can get in and reach the heart of the problem in my brain. Now this would be the case in treating symptoms of CD that he is convinced I have and since everything I am experiencing has not changed but fits in with it I am still leaning towards that is the problem with me. But that leaves me even more confused on how to help myself if what I want to take wont work. In the hospital the gave me Adavan and the way it works is triggering a chemical problem in the brain and it actually helped me, but its terrible for you and not meant for long time use, which I was not hip on either. But all the other pain medicines or medicine meant to help with what my symptoms did nothing to help me. I guess I am trying to make sense of all this and work with the diagnosis of CD but seek a professional to help me figure out where to go next.

I can still use the prayer and I sure appreciate being able to talk about some of this with people outside of my family right now! I understand they care and want to help but everything said makes me feel worse not better. I have had a hundred different opinions thrown at me and I honestly am quite confused and I want to get better thats all I can think about, is having my life back my legs back, my vision back, my balance back and not just temporarily but to stay. I have been told there is hope for people that have CD so I am trying to make sure of what I have going on and rest in a Hope and peace that surpasses all understanding....

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
7daisies,

Wikipedia says that adavan is a muscle relaxant and nervine, and it also helps with anxiety. 
If you are still on any sort of medication, I think you could wean yourself off, as to not have any side effects, and start taking different herbal tonics.
How about taking a muscle relaxant such as:
http://www.herbalremedies.com/natural-muscle-relaxant.html
or a really good ADD formula by Shonda Parker:
http://www.trilighthealth.com/trilight/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_116
You can search trilight herbs for tinctures for muscle relaxers and nervousness. I really think that option may work for you! 

Offline sevendaisies

• Learning
7daisies,

Wikipedia says that adavan is a muscle relaxant and nervine, and it also helps with anxiety. 
If you are still on any sort of medication, I think you could wean yourself off, as to not have any side effects, and start taking different herbal tonics.
How about taking a muscle relaxant such as:
http://www.herbalremedies.com/natural-muscle-relaxant.html
or a really good ADD formula by Shonda Parker:
http://www.trilighthealth.com/trilight/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_116
You can search trilight herbs for tinctures for muscle relaxers and nervousness. I really think that option may work for you! 

No I am not taking anything! I am seeking a Christian counselor though and I pray that the Lord is sending me to someone who will be able to help me. What I hope to find is something that does naturally get to the brain element of the problem. Adavan is never prescrbed for more then a few months at a time because of severe side affects thats what I was told. I have been home from the hospital for over 3 weeks now and have taken nothing but I tried tylonal PM to help me with pain and sleep but it was useless and did nothing so I have taken nothing. I do not live in a place where you can go to the store and buy anything natural or herbal. So all I have done research so far. I don't have really any solid fact figured out enough to purchase something. I am new to this. I have minimal use of herbs in the past but I believe in natural healing and remedies and would take something I was sure would help. I am going to look at those links you posted and talk to my husband about them. Thank you for sharing them!

I woke up this morning with feet numb and unable to move my toes and so I am in a down mentality trying to focus on things I can be thankful for instead...  :'(

Offline sevendaisies

• Learning
The list of supplements and vitamins I gave earlier are the primary ones for adrenal strengthening, as well as the ones most critical to boosting mood AND easing unexplained muscle pain.

One thing I noticed in one of your replies....I understand the pressure of having so many alternatives to sort through. I hope you feel supported here, not threatened by a response to your question(s).  ;)

As for not having a natural doctor in your area....you can try the Center for Natural Medicine in Nashville, TN. I don't know how tight their schedule is or how many or when they are taking new patients. I do know that the team of doctors there is dedicated, and one of them in particular has solved a couple cases brought to him, after Mayo Clinic wasn't able to provide relief. They are very experienced in reading blood tests....you should be able to send them copies of what you have already had done, and avoid even more blood draws at the beginning.

Center For Natural Medicine
4535 Harding Pike, Nashville, TN 37205-2120
#(615) 269-6355

I do feel supported, I can't believe how many people have responded and kept trying to help when even I was not a very worthy person to receive that help. I have had a lot of frustrations over the past 5 weeks and have not been the best to many who have been out to help me. I am trying to take what everyone has to say to heart and weigh it there and make decisions that can help me. Although i am not sure I even know what ones are going to at this point. I am seeking a Christian Counselor who I am praying God has brought to me for the purpose of helping me get better!

I am going to talk to my husband about your suggestion of sending my medical records to the center of natural medicine, if that is at all possible I think it would be worth trying. The MAYO clinic has been given a good name from everyone I hear speaking of it, I never knew what it was tell they told me when I was in the hospital. But second opinions or third opinions or even fourth opinions can be of good use in cases like this where very strange and unusual things are happening and there is no direct cause. My husband is sure its CD I lean the strongest towards that because of what is happening and what has happened. Also that I got better just accepting what was wrong and they say people with CD improve upon being diagnosed and accepting what is wrong with them is in the brain... now does that make it impossible for something else to be wrong with me.... I don't know, but I think its a good question to try and get answered. After all the first step in diagnosing CD to begin with requires being absolutely positive there is no organic cause of my symptoms...

Thanks for your input I appreciate it! I do feel supported, I can't believe how many people have responded and kept trying to help when even I was not a very worthy person to receive that help. I have had a lot of frustrations over the past 5 weeks and have not been the best to many who have been out to help me. I am trying to take what everyone has to say to heart and weigh it there and make decisions that can help me. Although i am not sure I even know what ones are going to at this point. I am seeking a Christian Counselor who I am praying God has brought to me for the purpose of helping me get better!

I am going to talk to my husband about your suggestion of sending my medical records to the center of natural medicine, if that is at all possible I think it would be worth trying. The MAYO clinic has been given a good name from everyone I hear speaking of it, I never knew what it was tell they told me when I was in the hospital. But second opinions or third opinions or even fourth opinions can be of good use in cases like this where very strange and unusual things are happening and there is no direct cause. My husband is sure its CD I lean the strongest towards that because of what is happening and what has happened. Also that I got better just accepting what was wrong and they say people with CD improve upon being diagnosed and accepting what is wrong with them is in the brain... now does that make it impossible for something else to be wrong with me.... I don't know, but I think its a good question to try and get answered. After all the first step in diagnosing CD to begin with requires being absolutely positive there is no organic cause of my symptoms...

Thanks for your input I appreciate it!

Offline DHW

• Adept
No known organic cause is different than no organic cause.  In my reading I have come to believe that the mind, body and spirit are all intimately interwined, and to treat any one of those needs a holistic approach.  So much of mental illness is accompanied by physical symptoms that I believe there is always an organic element that needs to be addressed even if it is not the primary cause.

You might be interested to read about HERV-W, an endogenous retrovirus that is implicated in MS and schizophrenia.  The virus is part of the person's DNA (we all have it), but disruptive factors cause the virus to replicate and in effect cause a brain disease.  This is new research.  Up to this point schizophrenia had no known organic cause.

Read about it here: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread578050/pg1

Praying for you!

Offline DHW

• Adept
I forgot to add that New German Medicine considers emotional trauma to be a primary cause of disease.

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
Re: Mental Illness - Conversion Disorder Diagnosis...need help for recovery
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2010, 05:01:27 AM »
I do not live in a place where you can go to the store and buy anything natural or herbal.

You can purchase those things over the internet! Never have to leave your home.
The reason I recommended those herbs that I did, is it seemed to be a close all natural herbal form of adavan, seeing how you said it worked. Maybe those herbs would work?  It wouldn't hurt to try.

Offline Mama Sita

• Adept
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2010, 06:53:41 AM »
ladyhen,
 I am not trying to be re-diagnosed I am accepting of what has happened to me. What I am seeking if ANYONE has any insight that could be helpful, is there anything I can take that is a natural remedy for muscle pain and that would help relaxing the muscles, anxiety or stress, something that boosts the mood naturally and natural sleep aid? I am getting the help I need right now to deal with what is the cause of my symptoms but until then I have to treat what is ailing me. And those are what I need helped with.

Dear sevendaisies,
I want to commend you for coming to WTM and seeking help. I know that sometimes it is not easy to reach out and ask for help, but you have expressed your need and there have been several caring, loving responses here. We want you to know that you are a valuable person and we are truly trying to be of some help to you. We're so glad you are here with us!

I guess I am confused. It seems to me that you are seeking something (natural) to help with relaxing muscles, alleviating stress, a mood booster and a sleep aid. Boysmama came up with an excellent list, a great place to start, but it seems that is not what you want. What she suggested are all-natural mood-boosters, pain relievers (magnesium, especially) and sleep aids. All of those things will benefit you and help with the above request that you made. But it seems that you have refused those things. You say that you will not take anything, but just want a Christian counselor, which is fine: "No I am not taking anything! I am seeking a Christian counselor though and I pray that the Lord is sending me to someone who will be able to help me. What I hope to find is something that does naturally get to the brain element of the problem. "

Do you realize that those natural supplements will help you along with a counselor?

(Please forgive me, I'm just trying to see where you're coming from and what you're actually asking for.)

~MS

"No one stands as tall as a Christian on his knees."
Get $5 off your first iHerb.com order: Code ISA141

Offline sevendaisies

• Learning
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2010, 12:19:13 PM »
ladyhen,
 I am not trying to be re-diagnosed I am accepting of what has happened to me. What I am seeking if ANYONE has any insight that could be helpful, is there anything I can take that is a natural remedy for muscle pain and that would help relaxing the muscles, anxiety or stress, something that boosts the mood naturally and natural sleep aid? I am getting the help I need right now to deal with what is the cause of my symptoms but until then I have to treat what is ailing me. And those are what I need helped with.

Dear sevendaisies,
I want to commend you for coming to WTM and seeking help. I know that sometimes it is not easy to reach out and ask for help, but you have expressed your need and there have been several caring, loving responses here. We want you to know that you are a valuable person and we are truly trying to be of some help to you. We're so glad you are here with us!

I guess I am confused. It seems to me that you are seeking something (natural) to help with relaxing muscles, alleviating stress, a mood booster and a sleep aid. Boysmama came up with an excellent list, a great place to start, but it seems that is not what you want. What she suggested are all-natural mood-boosters, pain relievers (magnesium, especially) and sleep aids. All of those things will benefit you and help with the above request that you made. But it seems that you have refused those things. You say that you will not take anything, but just want a Christian counselor, which is fine: "No I am not taking anything! I am seeking a Christian counselor though and I pray that the Lord is sending me to someone who will be able to help me. What I hope to find is something that does naturally get to the brain element of the problem. "

Do you realize that those natural supplements will help you along with a counselor?

(Please forgive me, I'm just trying to see where you're coming from and what you're actually asking for.)

~MS

I meant any prescription medication by not taking anything. I have been taking st johns wart cause that is what I have on hand. I remember reading a list of things she said and was going to see if maybe I could be given that information again cause I am lost trying to go back and find it. I am willing to take natural things to help me while I seek a counselor to try and find out what caused the CD to take place in the meantime. I have spent 3 weeks researching on what has been happening and getting plenty of information but no where with my health, so now I am going to do what I was told I needed and seek therapy. I pray that is the right way to go.

I am confused on what works for what... in the advice being given. I also have a very poor memory so when I went back I hadn't taken the time to write down what was suggest and can't figure out which post had that in it. I am not wanting to ignore any advice given. I just am trying to take it all in and I have a lot weighing on me right now.  ???

Offline ladyhen

• Master
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2010, 12:29:07 PM »
I definitely believe that emotions can affect neurological and brain function. However there are chemical imbalances, sometimes very brief, and minute that cause the actual symptoms. While there is nothing organicly wrong, there are actual brief imbalances in the brain from stress induced deficiencies and toxicities or auto-immune reactions.

For your muscle pain and insomnia...in all the tests they ran their should have been calcium, magnesium, potassium, and Vit D levels. Are these low? Those test numbers will help in figuring out what supplements, foods, or techniques can ease the pain.

In addition, what were your cortisol, T3, T4, TSH numbers?

1 tbsp of cod liver oil per day
1000mg of borage seed oil with 200 mg of GLA
400 mg of ionic or magnesium citrate
5000IU of Vit D3
3000mg of a whole food sourced, buffered VitC divided into 3-5x a day
whole food vit B complex
additional B6, folinic acid, and B12
All are helpful in almost every case of stress as well as being safe for most.

I'm currently reading a book...very good! The Mood Cure by Julia Ross. It's full of helpful tips and natural solutions for mood and stress relief. Very helpful, well balanced recommendations for safely using herbs and supplements.

Candy - Here is that list of supplements again. 

Praying that the answers you seek are soon found.  I know how tiring/depressing it is to be so ill and to have to search for the best option.  Please stay with us, too, and we'll do all we are able to help.
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13

Offline sevendaisies

• Learning
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2010, 08:35:13 AM »
Candy - Here is that list of supplements again. 

Praying that the answers you seek are soon found.  I know how tiring/depressing it is to be so ill and to have to search for the best option.  Please stay with us, too, and we'll do all we are able to help.
[/quote]

Thank you for that. I have been busy lately with my husbands grandma who has taken to being really ill and needed heart surgery and then was unable because her arteries are to small... anyways lots going on. But I am going to look into those suggestions and keep moving forward with what I learn and know. Thank you again!

Offline amandas5boys

• Adept
  • We are in the Lords Army. Yes Sir!
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2010, 11:09:46 AM »
I noticed that you had asked for something to help with relaxing your legs and muscles earlier in the beginning. If I were in your situation and wanted to relax I would get some peppermint oil and rub it straight on my legs. I personal would not use a carrier oil as it dilutes it too much for me. I would also drink Chamomile tea or look into bulk herbs relaxing tea. Chamomile does wanders for me as I don't take much meds. and so I am real sensitive to all these things. And I would most absolutely be taking Epsom salt or dead sea salt baths. It will help sore muscles.

Offline vdubmama

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2011, 02:22:19 AM »
Hi....

Look into amino acids. Julia Ross's book " The Mood Cure" goes into great detail.

Offline tipibuildermom

• Learning
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2011, 06:53:02 PM »
Drywall may be the problem - in FL we've been hearing about bad drywall from China - mold problems.... A recent Lowe's receipt (handyman type store) had info on it saying that you could take drywall back to Lowe's and get your money back and also mentioned a class action suit was being filed (all this to say that there were major problems w/the drywall)