Author Topic: Salve Makers!!!  (Read 6198 times)

Offline thefrenchs7

• Wide Eyed
Salve Makers!!!
« on: June 14, 2010, 10:09:07 AM »
Hi Salve Makers!

I am interested in finding a good business that sells tin containers with lids to store my herbal salves in.  Where do you all buy yours online?

Thank you so much, and God Bless!

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
Re: Salve Makers!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 06:45:20 AM »
Hi
I buy my tins from Mountain Rose Herbs.   I'm not sure they are the cheapest but I buy a lot of herbs from there also and it is convenient to just buy the tins at the same time.   Hopefully someone else will chime in and suggest other places.   ;)
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side

Offline ladyhen

• Master
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 06:52:39 AM »
I buy a lot of products, including containers, from Frontier Co-op.    Very good company with a lot of great products available.

HERE is their website. 
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13

Offline Gigi

• Master
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 04:12:16 AM »
Google it!  The most common size for salves seems to be a 2 oz tin. Here's a few:

http://www.specialtybottle.com

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com

HTH!

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 11:11:42 AM »
I've also used Frontier Wholesale co-op and specialty bottle.
Lately though I really prefer using glass.  You can get the clear or amber glass from either of these sources as well, or just use the 2-4 oz size ball canning jars.  I like them because they are sturdy and easy to reuse.

Offline herbs girl

• Master
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 05:44:07 PM »
I've also used Frontier Wholesale co-op and specialty bottle.
Lately though I really prefer using glass.  You can get the clear or amber glass from either of these sources as well, or just use the 2-4 oz size ball canning jars.  I like them because they are sturdy and easy to reuse.

I had also thought about using the tiny Ball glass jars, they even come with lids, and seem very sturdy!

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 09:37:46 AM »
or just use the 2-4 oz size ball canning jars. 

Where do you get 2oz canning jars? The smallest I've ever seen is 4oz. TIA Blessings ~herbalmom

Offline Mrs. B

• Master
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 11:20:21 AM »
or just use the 2-4 oz size ball canning jars. 

Where do you get 2oz canning jars? The smallest I've ever seen is 4oz. TIA Blessings ~herbalmom
Sorry, I just checked them and while they look tiny they are actually the 4oz size.
I also use babyfood jars, but those I keep for home use and not to give away.