Author Topic: Diagnose me, please  (Read 3030 times)

Offline sweetestday

• Adept
Diagnose me, please
« on: May 11, 2010, 06:22:04 AM »
I had a miscarriage last Wednesday, and am wondering about my lingering symptoms. It all started on Wednesday the 28th of last month when I started getting terrible stomach cramps and diarrhea. The stomach cramps/vomitting and diarrhea would come and go, leaving me feeling fine for 2-4 days in a row before getting hit with it again. I began spotting on Friday the 30th, and lost my baby Wednesday May 5th. I thought the stomch problems would go away, but I lost my supper again last night and was miserable late into the night. Could food poisoning be an issue, or wouldn't that come and go so much? I've had no fever or sign of infection, and it was pretty obvious that everything was delivered. (I was only 8 1/2 weeks along.)

Offline Siege

• My avatar is my youngest frying deer tongue!
  • Adept
Re: Diagnose me, please
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 08:02:56 AM »
I had a mscarriage between my oldest two. I became violently ill but atfirst just thought it was a stomach virus that had been going around. Then we figured it was a bad case of morning sickness that just started later then with my first one. I was about 12 weeks along then. At 15.5 weeks I started bleeding. We went to the hospital and they did an I ternal ultrasound and told me thebaby must have come out already. I knew it had not. Three days later it did. I was 16 weeks along, but the baby had died at 6 weeks. My body had been trying to get the poison out by making me sick so violently.

I was very sick for about two or three weeks after the baby came out. I was also much LESS healthy then I am now. The sickness may linger a bit longer. My advice would be to yo have a blood test to make sure everything came out. Then three days after that blood test (if you hgc is above 0) have another oneto make sure you numbers are going down. If they are going down youwill probably be sick for a little while until the numbers areat 0. If they stay the same there is still something left.

Now, this is anotherthing that happened to me: I was pregnant with Keith and was SO sick. Ihad terriblecervical pain and ran to the toilet. I bleed terribly and something large came out with such force it flushed the toilet! I knew I had miscarried because of theblood and things still floating in the water. I was interrible pain and refused the internal ultrsasound (the other baby was definately in there but the could not see it, so what good is the ultrasound?) but just did the blood test. I was so sick three days later that my Dr had mr travel the hour to see him and they did another test and my numbers were still going up! The Dr. thinks I miscarried a twin. We were shocked. Now, I'm not saying that is what is happening to you, but if the numbers still went up it could account for the sickness.

I am praying for you. Take it easy, CJ   

Offline sweetestday

• Adept
Re: Diagnose me, please
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 08:16:27 AM »
Thank you, CJ. I have actually been wondering about the twin issue.My sister went through that with her second girl. I have never had morning sickness before, and I keep hopefully wishing that maybe I have a living baby in me still. That would be a wonderful blessing, but I don't think it's the case. I am not growing at all, and have lost all other pregnancy symptoms. I'm wondering if it's just a virus I'm still fighting, after all.