Author Topic: Fast-Five Diet: Updates, Encouragement & General Chat  (Read 31478 times)

Offline guysgal

• Learning
Fast-Five Diet: Updates, Encouragement & General Chat
« on: February 05, 2010, 02:59:13 PM »
herbs girl,

thanks for posting this and your experience, otherwise i might never have heard about it. i feel like it is an answer to prayer!
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Pr 3:6

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: Fast-Five Diet: Updates, Encouragement & General Chat
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 05:15:33 PM »
cleanse: i am doing a cleanse as well, the dr natura colonix. i think the idea is to have 0 calories during the fast period. the colonix states that is has 42 calories but i don't think it's enough to affect my results. it also fills my stomach up in the morning and i've wondered if that's helped to make this easier for me. i plan to continue the fast-5 after the cleanse is over, so we'll see.

the amount of milk i have during the day can't be any more calories than your cleanse and i don't think my cleanse has any calories - mostly clay and charcoal and a few herbs. so i think i'll allow myself this for now and if i don't show any progress, at least i've eased into the schedule.  black coffee?  BLUCK!
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Leat

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 06:27:12 AM »
This really peaked my interest! I am on day two. Too early to tell any difference yet, but very doable.  I chose my window to be from 2pm - 7pm.  I can have a small late lunch or snack and a nice sit down meal with the family.  I hope to stick with it long enough to see some good results.

Leat

Offline herbs girl

• Master
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 12:39:36 PM »
Fast-5 has worked well for me when I stick to the plan!  I skipped a week and a half or so, and now I am back on track. 

I exercised yesterday for 45 minutes during my fast and I got along great! I am feeling a boost in mood again, probably from the exercise and Fast-5 both. My body loves the break from food with the 19 hour fasts! I can tell!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 12:46:22 PM »
i'm hungry.

i don't think the detox helps this diet or visa versa.  i'm hungry hungry hungry hungry.  i'm fine until about 2pm and then i feel like my guts are trying to eat themselves.   :o

then right after i eat the evening meal, i have acid indigestion all night long.  this was not a problem before.  started the first day and hasn't changed even eating less has not changed this.

coffee may be a factor, but today i drank a lot less coffee and i'm starving.  ugh!

oh, i have almost no energy.  detox is probably taking it all.

i'm on day 5 of detox and the diet.  i'm doing 10 days of detox total.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 12:50:23 PM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline guysgal

• Learning
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 04:32:47 PM »
well, it's day 10 with fast-5 and my day started out earlier than usual, and crumby...by noon I was starving...so i ate the stupid cookie that was STARING at me! i stuck with the plan though, and quit eating by 5:00 so i guess it wasn't a total loss.  ;)

I did weigh myself and it looks like i lost 3 lbs so far. my pants are for sure getting looser! i've been doing my usual 60 min workout everyday that i have time, which is usually 5 days a week. i find that i have more energy to work out harder, hopefully it's all that fat being used for fuel.  :o

« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 04:34:37 PM by guysgal »

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 05:51:11 AM »
i'm hungry.

i don't think the detox helps this diet or visa versa.  i'm hungry hungry hungry hungry.  i'm fine until about 2pm and then i feel like my guts are trying to eat themselves.   :o

then right after i eat the evening meal, i have acid indigestion all night long.  this was not a problem before.  started the first day and hasn't changed even eating less has not changed this.

coffee may be a factor, but today i drank a lot less coffee and i'm starving.  ugh!

oh, i have almost no energy.  detox is probably taking it all.

i'm on day 5 of detox and the diet.  i'm doing 10 days of detox total.
okay, giving up coffee is probably not going to happen anytime soon, so i modified my schedule a bit.  i'm having all my coffee early and less of it.  i had 1/2 cup of oatmeal (prepared) for lunch.  This wasn't much, but it took care of the acid tummy and kept the gnawing edge off.  I drank herbal tea after lunch when the coffee cravings hit.

I know this kind of defeats the purpose of the 5 hour window, but I guess, one step at a time.  i was able to get my wedding ring on last night for the first time in months, but my fingers swelled overnight and it's too tight again *sigh*.  i AM losing, but i don't have any scales to monitor.  i can just tell.

i'm almost finished with the detox, and will probably try to hit the 5 hour window again when i'm finished, but i'm thinking the coffee is going to be problematic.   :-\
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline guysgal

• Learning
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 10:27:11 AM »
why are you trying to give up coffee?

have you tried sticking to a 5 hr window, just doing it from noon to 5 instead of 5 to 10? you could gradually move it later and later each day? i don't think it necessarily has to be later though.

yesterday i was very hungry at noon so i went ahead and ate lunch, then a big snack later and stopped eating by 5. i feel fine today, i think i can make it to my usual 4:00. i did have cookies yesterday and feel that my face and fingers are puffy which makes me made because the swelling in my fingers was going down as well. gluten and sugar really puff me up!

Offline Gigi

• Master
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 07:47:53 AM »
okay, giving up coffee is probably not going to happen anytime soon,

It's not happening here, either!  Because of diabetes, I'm always eating low-carb so I drink mine with a couple Tablespoons of heavy cream to keep the sugar levels down.

I'm on day 12 and I've lost quite a bit of weight.  

I am eating strictly low carb - no more than 15 carbs during my eating window.  

My eating window is from 11:30am - 4:30pm.

I drink two cups of coffee with heavy cream and stevia during my "fast" times. (This adds 4 carbs during my "fasting" time.  But so far, it doesn't seem to have hindered anything.)

I have low carbed for months, eating only 15 carbs a day for 4 MONTHS and not lost any weight.  I believe this is due to diabetes as I've read of other diabetics with the same problem.  After reading on a diabetes forum about folks who were finally able to lose weight by low carbing AND fasting, I was intrigued, but I felt like there was NO WAY I'd be able to do it.

Herbs girl posted about it and I felt I should try it.  It's really not as hard as I thought it would be.  

The best part is that my insulin requirements have plummeted and my sugars are MUCH better.  (Even though I've been low carbing all along, having all those hours of fasting has made me require much less insulin.)  I have been very active to stay ahead of the eight ball so that I have prevented all but 2 episodes of low sugar during this time.  

I also have found that I prefer an eating window that does not include dinner, as that is the meal I would typically over-indulge.  My current eating window provides for a regular meal (low carb) and a goodly sized snack (low carb).  Really, I eat until I'm full.  Seriously!

So far, so good.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 08:04:50 AM by Gigi »

Offline herbs girl

• Master
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2010, 10:00:31 AM »
Gigi, that is wonderful!

I am almost a pre-diabetic myself, so this is huge for me if I can lower my insulin/blood sugar levels.

I am hoping to start PGX along with the fast=5 soon.  

PGX is a special fiber blend with 3 kinds of fiber that has been clinicly studied and it flatlines blood sugar levels, and makes poeple eat less. It is being studied by the American diabetes association for a possible treatment for diabetes, and lowers insulin resistance 50-60%. So I think the PGX  and the fast-five together will help my blood sugar and insulin levels.

PGX information here
http://www.pgx.com/choose.aspx

My thinking is that if I use PGX during the 5 hour window before I eat each time, which will only be about 1-2 times.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 10:03:53 AM by herbs girl »

Offline guysgal

• Learning
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 04:48:25 PM »
i didn't lose any weight this week. not suprising as i had a tough week. 3 of the 7 days i broke my fast around noon. stuck to the 5 hr window. i had too much sugar and way too much bread. actually glad i didn't gain!

today i had a hard time waiting till 4 to eat. the key for me might be consistently eating at the same time every day. this week my goal is to cut way down on sweets and carbs. seems that the more of these i eat the more my appetite increases the next day.

Offline guysgal

• Learning
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 04:52:23 PM »
marisa,

i find that my energy is good, sometimes even increased during the fasting period and i have no trouble exercising vigorously most days.

i usually eat some raw fruits and veggies and a handful of nuts around 4pm. then dinner with the family around 6pm. in 2 weeks i have not overeaten during the 5 hr window. if i'm hungry later i have a small snack around 8pm.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 06:43:28 AM »
why are you trying to give up coffee?

have you tried sticking to a 5 hr window, just doing it from noon to 5 instead of 5 to 10? you could gradually move it later and later each day? i don't think it necessarily has to be later though.

yesterday i was very hungry at noon so i went ahead and ate lunch, then a big snack later and stopped eating by 5. i feel fine today, i think i can make it to my usual 4:00. i did have cookies yesterday and feel that my face and fingers are puffy which makes me made because the swelling in my fingers was going down as well. gluten and sugar really puff me up!
the coffee, i think is the cause of the acid tummy.  12-5 would kill me.  i'd be hungry before bed.  i'm usually up at least until midnight and sometimes until as late as 2am.  i'm off the detox now, so today, i will make an attempt at no lunch and see how the tummy feels come suppertime.  i didn't eat any lunch yesterday, but it didn't really count, cuz i cheated the night before.  we celebrated until the wee hours (had a sitter lol) and i ate and had sugared beverages from about 6pm to 4am.  then i slept until 12.  it's the only day i've "cheated" since i've started.  i weighed on Sat and I believe i've lost about 5 lbs.  i didn't weigh before i started, so it's just a guess.  only 30 lbs to go.  *sigh* 

i'm also attempting to eat low carb meals (alot of chicken and greenbeans) so i can have a bit of chocolate or a piece of pie without overdoing it.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline guysgal

• Learning
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2010, 12:46:12 PM »
Fast-5 has worked well for me when I stick to the plan!  I skipped a week and a half or so, and now I am back on track. 

I exercised yesterday for 45 minutes during my fast and I got along great! I am feeling a boost in mood again, probably from the exercise and Fast-5 both. My body loves the break from food with the 19 hour fasts! I can tell!

so how's your progress going?

Offline clarice415

• Learning
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 07:42:27 AM »
I came on last night and was glad to find this diet and hope that it works for me. I have a very hard time loosing weight (oh~who doesn't). This diet sounds most doable for me, because I can still cook the same for my family and also sit down and enjoy dinner with them.

HI HEALTHYBRATT!...just a couple of things that I have found that help with the acid in my stomach from coffee.. ~someone told me this and I was very apprehensive about it, but did find that it worked~only drink fresh coffee, meaning freshly brewed. It worked for me, because I used to drink any coffee available (day old..whatever) and always had an acidy stomach. Switching to freshly brewed did make the difference for me. Another thing that has helped is to use a little bit less grounds (not quite so strong). Both of these have greatly reduced that acid stomach that I used to get with my coffee. You might try it~a coffee press is a quick and easy way to get a quick, fresh cup of coffee if you have one. HTH!!
The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.
Prov 14:15

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 04:25:39 AM »
I thought this diet was going to be easy because I can eat whatever I want during the window.  Less feeling of deprivation.   ;D

BUT what I'm finding after two weeks is that I'm more obsessed with food and/or eating than I was before.  BEFORE I started, if it weren't for the kids, I wouldn't have eaten as often as I did because if they were gone at the sitter's I usually would eat only when hungry and I rarely thought about it.  Since starting this new schedule, I can think of little else.  I think about food ALL DAY LONG!  Even after I eat, I still think about how long it's going to digest so I can have more.  I'm not normally a food 'addict' like this so I am just not sure this is going to work for me.  I might give it a couple more weeks, but if it's the same after a month (I'll take a look at the weight loss variable as well), I may switch to Adkins.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 05:59:15 AM »
HB, you wouldn't be the only one.  ::) "Diets" only put me into an even more adversarial relationship with food. More stress which further messed with my endocrine/metabolic function which was my problem in the first place. Food is supposed to be an unavoidable pleasure.  :D

OK, I won't say anything more.  :-X ;D

Offline Leat

• Adept
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2010, 07:31:15 AM »
Unfortunately, I had to bail on this diet.  I would feel so sick to my stomach with hunger, I became short tempered with my kids.   >:(  When I did eat, I went overboard trying to "catch up".   :P

Best of luck to those who can /are continuing.  I just couldn't hack it.

Leat

Offline guysgal

• Learning
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2010, 03:50:21 PM »
i'm still enjoying this way of eating. i find that i'm not obsessing about food. i'm less irritable and have fewer mood swings as well.

every person is different! i'm glad i found this!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2010, 06:06:19 PM »
I did better today.  I moved my window back 2 hours.  I didn't think I'd be able to resist eating late (before bed), but I ate a couple of pieces of valentines candy (yup, candy) and had a glass of raw milk right at the end of my window and I feel pretty good.  I might even move it back another hour if I have any trouble over the next couple of days.

Thanks for all the info.  I feel very encouraged.  My wedding ring not only goes on, but it also comes off with ease.  The first day I was able to get it on, I almost couldn't get it back off.

16 days and approx 7 lbs (guessing, still no scales).  LOL  I weighed myself at MIL's house a few days ago and I'll probably be able to weigh again in a week or two.  Maybe by then, I'll be into my 18s.  Woohoo.  11s here I come!
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2010, 07:50:27 AM »
After reading the book online. . . I wonder if the fast five could be more successful by eating earlier in the day.  I've read somewhere that Sumo wrestlers eat all their food AFTER 3:00 pm to get huge.  

http://www.diet-blog.com/archives/2005/03/21/sumo_wrestlers_this_is_how_you_get_fat.php

There's a book on Amazon about it:

http://www.amazon.com/SECRET-Live-Slim-Strong-Dreams/dp/097974590X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1267454879&sr=8-1
Well my weight loss isn't progressing at the speed of light, but it is progressing.  I'm eating horribly calorie and carb laden foods (shhhhh, reeses, hershey kisses, fried cheese sticks) along with my meals and I am not gaining.  I am definately losing weight.  I still don't have any scales (waiting for that tax return ;) ) but will give exact progress when I am able to weigh again.  i've maitained my window at 6:30 to 11:30 pm (with some slight daily fluctuations ie sometimes start at 6 or 7 instead and adjust accordingly).  i've also cheated (extended my window by 1-2 hours) on a couple of occaissions because of staying up later with hubby on the weekends.  i think this is the diet for me, but only time will tell for sure.

oh, i'm also having cream during the day which i know is not recommended by i'm doing it anyway.  i'm getting about 4 tsps of heavy whipping cream throughout the day before my window.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 07:52:40 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Marisa

• Adept
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2010, 06:54:32 PM »
I tried it today and day one was easy. When the window opened up, I wasn't hungry and could eat very little. Which is weird, because my bs is always low and i'm used to eating 6 small meals a day.

Offline Amos

• Adept
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2010, 06:36:42 AM »
I decided to give this diet a try. Today is day #2. I have been off of my strict diet (SCD) for about 10 months and have gained some unwanted pounds, as well as lost some much needed will-power.  :-\   This diet seems easy enough and day #1 was cake. So I am hoping to stick to it.  I have read this whole thread, but haven't read the whole booklet yet. I'd love to hear more updates of how it is working for everyone who is still doing it. :) Thanks.

Offline Sarahsboys

• Adept
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2010, 01:10:55 PM »
I started this last week and yesterday and today were my hardest days by far.  I've been hungry (growling tummy) and slightly irritable all day.  But, I love how food is just not an option during my "fast".  Before I started this I usually didn't eat until 1 or 2pm anyway, so it's not been a huge change for me, and I think it will work.

Those of you doing this - have you lost inches/weight?

I don't have a scale and refuse to spend the money right now. 

Offline annafogg1

• Adept
  • Our 'Babies', Summer and Sarah Rose
    • Anna Fogg
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2010, 07:09:11 AM »
Well this thread piqued me.....so I did the research, read comments and successes and failures of many who've posted online, and decided I'll give it a go and see what happens at the end of a week.  I had a thyroidectomy 2 yrs ago due to two types of thryroid cancer. I have gained a good 20 lbs since then, then had major problems with my feet, a foot surgery last Oct, and now I'm at the tail end of some more nuclear radioactive treatment that I have to go through every couple years for a while due to the cancer.  With my foot still recovering, lack of a thyroid for the last couple years, taking care of my paralyzed brother, doing so much with my kids, and blah, blah, all the other excuses I make for myself as a busy mom,  :-[  I have just got to get off the 20lbs I put on, plus the 15 (or most likely 20) I already needed to take off before that.

Ok.  Enough exposition, I started today.  What I noticed about myself as I researched is that I skip breakfast 50% of the time and just have tea. I do use raw sugar in my tea, so I'll have to def change that.  Two of my children often skip breakfast quite often, and it has not caused then any ill effects, in fact, they are my 2 who sing, act and dance, and have very dramatic, loud lives.  They are also my two that need the most sleep. They are 10 and 16, Eliza-Jane and Noah, respectively, but they have a lot in common.  Years ago I would press them to do breakfast, but I had to stop because they are just fine this way. 

I also noticed that when I'm really busy with my kids, I wont eat until 1 or 2 because I have this way that when I'm ready to eat, I only want to eat what I want, and I wont eat a little bit of this or that so as to ruin the taste of what I really want. It's like I need the first bite of what I have the taste for to be virginal or something!  If I snack, I may often do it if I know the real meal I want is far enough away so as not to be marred by the taste of the snack. I know that I am a strange bird, but I think those little habits may help me in starting on this little adventure. 

Physiologically, it makes sense to me - not having the insulin and glucose spikes after I eat, planning what I eat, dealing with snacking, I like the idea of the Fast-5.

So I start optimistically. 

~anna 
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 07:13:00 AM by annafogg1 »
I am: The Righteousness Of Christ & the Wife of 1 Hunky Carpenter, Mom of 7, Jade-20, Zach-18, Noah-16, Nadia-13, Eliza-Jane-10, Summer-8 & Sarah Rose-7~
Folk Artist, Quilt Instructor/Designer, Taxi Driver, Reader of Great Books, Chef of Mega-Sized Meals, CottageGardener, Read-Alouder, Hair Doer

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2010, 08:13:27 AM »
This thread has the potential to really GROW   :o  like the thread we had..way back when..on the Master Cleanse, so I decided to get a jump on it and split it into two threads.

Fast-Five Diet:  FAQs
~this thread is for questions about the plan, the book, getting started, etc.  i ask that you keep the posts on this thread more concise and 'clinical' for easy research for those getting started.

Fast-Five Diet:  Updates, Encouragement & General Chat
~this thread is for posts to let us know you're still going, you gave up and why, or just to let us know that you've decided to join the bandwagon.  i will allow a greater amount of latitude for the sake of encouragement.  it's always easier to take challenges with a friend or two.   ;D  i only ask that if you have specific questions that might later be needed for reference, you hop back over to the other thread and post/ask/answer them there.

those of you who had notifications set for the original thread (Fast-Five Diet:  FAQs), may need to add a new notification for the new thread (Fast-Five Diet:  Updates, Encouragement & General Chat)

enjoy!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 08:17:45 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline annafogg1

• Adept
    • Anna Fogg
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2010, 09:06:56 AM »
HB are you still doing coffee?  I use to low-carb it so I guess that's why you who do coffee are doing pure cream with it vs milk.  So how is that working for you? I am on day 2, and I feel great. I took a Pilates class today. I had water all morn til the class and then when I got home, I was so excited to have my tea. Earl Grey and I have a longtime love affair but I could sure use a dose of my Java.  Here's something my husband sent me about coffee.  After reading this, it seems a great plus to add along to the fasting portion of my day, but really curious if the added cream makes one crave. I am NOT a black coffee drinker.

<<Coffee reduces your appetite, increases your metabolism, and gives you a shot of antioxidants. A study published in the journal Physiology & Behavior found that the average metabolic rate of people who drink caffeinated coffee is 16 percent higher than that of those who drink decaf. Caffeine stimulates your central nervous system by increasing your heart rate and breathing. Honestly, could there be a more perfect beverage? Plus, frequent mini servings of caffeine (8 ounces of coffee or less) keep you awake, alert, and focused for longer than a single jumbo one would, according to sleep experts. When you quickly drink a large coffee, the caffeine peaks in your bloodstream much sooner than if you spread it out over time. Start your day with an 8 ounce coffee (the "short" size is available by request at Starbucks). Or, ask for a large half caf. Then keep the caffeine lightly flowing with a lunchtime cappuccino (it's got only 75 mg, which is about one quarter of what you'd get in a 16 ounce coffee).>>

~anna
I am: The Righteousness Of Christ & the Wife of 1 Hunky Carpenter, Mom of 7, Jade-20, Zach-18, Noah-16, Nadia-13, Eliza-Jane-10, Summer-8 & Sarah Rose-7~
Folk Artist, Quilt Instructor/Designer, Taxi Driver, Reader of Great Books, Chef of Mega-Sized Meals, CottageGardener, Read-Alouder, Hair Doer

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2010, 11:48:04 AM »
I'm drinking about 1 tsp of cream per cup of coffee (my cups = about 1/4 pot or 3 cups).  i use stevia leaf brewed with the grounds to sweeten.  i don't know if it makes me more hungry or not, because i've been doing it all along, but i find that if i drink coffee throughout the day (about 1 pot) then this covers the majority of my hunger pangs (within tolerable limits).  at a loss of only 1 lb per week, it's really hard to know at this point if i'm stepping on my own foot drinking the cream, but in another month or two, i guess i'll know.  i do know i've lost at least 5 lbs and possible 8 altogether.  i don't have any scales so i can't give you anything more definitive at this point.  i will keep you posted as i know more.

i keep wanting to try an experiment but just haven't yet.  i found that brewing oatstraw with my teas, makes it creamier and more full bodied like my coffee.  i got to thinking that if i added oatstraw to my coffee, i might get the same 'creamy' effect without actually adding any dairy.  i'll let you know if i ever remember to try this.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 11:51:10 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline annafogg1

• Adept
    • Anna Fogg
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2010, 02:14:22 AM »
Well, I'd like to give an update. Actually, I'm ecstatic to give an update!! I began last Thursday. Today makes day 7.  I have lost 6 lbs!!  When i stood on the scale, I would have been happy with 3.  AND my belt, which only previously buckled at the last hole, now goes in to the 2nd to the last hole.  That was almost unbelievable.

In fact, I shared this info with my best friend, what Fast Five was all about, and she started the day after me, and we have have been not only encouraging each other, but we decided this time to start to talk and plan what we'll do once we meet our goal.  How will we maintain the loss and how will we eat on a daily basis then?  We've lost weight together before, and been very successful...just not successful in keeping it off. 

I have not yet tried to do the coffee, but I have 2 large portable cups of tea while I'm fasting. I knew I would want a lot more cream in my coffee, probably a couple TBlsp so I thought I'd better stick with my tea along with a TBLsp of lemon juice that I add in.  It really keeps me through the day.  Once I couldn't wait until five, and just had to eat something at 4:30. I ended my fast at 9:30 that day.  I have had some sort of dessert or goodie at least 4 of the nights.  I have been exercising. I do pilates and Zumba.  I've also been walking.  I'm prepared to lose much less this 2nd week, maybe only 3lbs, so if I do more, that will just be gravy.  Losing 10lbs this first month feels very do-able now.

~anna

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2010, 06:30:38 AM »
way to go anna.  i talked my SIL & BIL into switching from Atkins to this one and they are so thrilled.  they've plateaued on the atkins thing and they were getting sick of cooking two meals (kids vs dieters) and they were missing their carb beverages after work.  they've only been on it a few weeks but they've already managed to lose more than they were losing on the atkins deal.

i think i'm steadily losing.  my pants are so huge, they nearly fall off when i walk, but i don't have any the next size down.  i need to lose more to get into 2 sizes smaller as i have a stockpile of those.

still no scales, so i don't have any numbers to offer, but soon i hope.

i'm still having the cream (about 4 tsp) each day outside my window even tho i'm not supposed to and i've been cheating every sat night when i stay up with hubby...i still wait until 6 or 7 to start eating, but i usually have sweet beverages well into the evening until i go to bed.

i don't necessarily recommend this, but it seems to be working in spite of my modifications to the normal setup.
  My favorite herb book!!