Author Topic: Where to Find a good medical doctor or naturopath  (Read 6579 times)

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
Where to Find a good medical doctor or naturopath
« on: March 06, 2010, 04:18:46 PM »
I get many many requests for the name and contact information of the naturopath my family uses for our medical care.  It makes sense to me that if someone has a good medical doctor (one that works with them/natural/willing to help, etc) and/or naturopath that it would be worth posting their contact info so others in that area can use them if they want to. 

I would suggest we use this format or some variation of it:

Doctor’s Name  (male/female)
Address
City, State, Zip
Phone
Fax

Takes out of state patients:  yes/no

Specialties:

Reason you like him/her:

I think this would give enough information for people to decide if they’d like to contact that person. 
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
Re: Where to Find a good medical doctor or naturopath
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 04:28:53 PM »
Rob Dramov, ND  (male)
9735 SW Shady Lane, Suite 104
Tigard, OR  97223
(503) 639-6454
(503) 639-6584

Takes out of state patients:  yes

Specialties:  General family practice, gastrointestinal disorders, preventive medicine, bio-identical hormones, DAN doctor, food allergies

Reason you like him/her:  Dramov is a great doc.  He's a solid christian that stays away from some of the "voodoo" of natural medicine.  His keen interest in microbiology makes him very wise in the area of gastro issues.  He uses solid medical testing to determine what's wrong and then tackles health issues naturally. 

He is VERY busy and can take about 4 weeks to get a first time appt.  (he spends at least 1 - 1.5hrs).  After that, he's pretty easy to get in to. 

He charges $35 per 15 minute appt. and about $190 for a first time appt.  He does sell supplements, but is fine with people buying what he recommends they take from other sources due to cost. 

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline orcuttranch

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 12:00:21 PM »
Excellent idea!  Can anyone recommend one on the Central Coast in CA?

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 06:40:06 AM »
I am bumping this................does anyone know of a ND in the northern most part of Minnesota (don't take offense but Minneapolis and Duluth are not northern Minnesota.  I mean way up there.   ;)) or southern Manatoba?   Thanks
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side

Offline momof6boys

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 02:15:33 AM »
I also live in the very northern most part of MN.  I will be moving though next week.  I don't know of anyone around here, but there is a website called functionalmedicine.com that might help you find someone.  I met a doctor in the very southern most part of MN who was an MD with Mayo for years and he has his own clinic now and practices what is called "functional medicine."

Offline refreshed

• Adept
    • Haven Baptist Fellowship
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 10:54:08 AM »
Great idea for a thread!  For those in Arizona:

Alan Michels, MD (male)
Mountain View Family Medicine
122 East Main Street
Payson, AZ 85541
(928) 474-2888
? (fax)

Takes out of state patients:  unknown, but I would say yes since we live in another part of the state (5 hours away) and we see him.

Specialties:  General family practice, pediatrician, internal medicine, low-cost Christian healthcare clinic

Reason you like him/her:  Although he is not a naturopath, he is willing to let you choose those options for yourself.  He is a Christian and very concerned about his patients.  He wants to get to the bottom of your health issues.  He is also very good with children.  He considers being a doctor a calling and ministry.  He is pretty knowledgeable about new treatments and does not pressure us about immunizations and such.  He has even bought medicine for our daughter and brought it to our house without accepting payment for the medicine. 

He is very busy and does take new patients, but it takes a while to get in to see him.  I think we had to wait 2 months to get established, but once you are established, you can get in to see him usually that day or the next day.

We have insurance so I don't know what his costs are, although I think they are comparable to most doctors.  I believe a return visits would run around $50 and the initial visit would be a little over $100.  I do know that they will work with you because we have had that situation when we worked out a payment plan for some visits.  He also runs a Christian low-income clinic in the town in the evenings for people without insurance.  They come in and get care and the Gospel as well.  That is really inexpensive ($20 a visit), but you don't get to pick your doctor (although they are all Christians) and you can't always get in right away as it is in the evenings after the regular clinics are closed.

I highly recommend him.
Check out our family's and church website:
www.havenbaptistfellowship.com

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Rom 6:23)

Offline lailacruz30

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 08:13:19 PM »
Well, you can go to the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (AANP). They are the instrumental in the development of the professional's educational and practice standards. They can also recommend your for the best naturopath doctor.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 09:42:41 PM by lailacruz30 »

Offline smalltown mom

• Adept
Planning a move to Des Moines/talk to me about doctors
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 09:47:56 AM »
Hi! We're planning a move to Des Moines pretty soon. Can anyone recommend a family doctor who will respect freedom of choice in regard to vaccination?

Offline Cycami

• Learning
Re: Planning a move to Des Moines/talk to me about doctors
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 08:53:44 AM »
Hi! We're planning a move to Des Moines pretty soon. Can anyone recommend a family doctor who will respect freedom of choice in regard to vaccination?

If nobody on here can help, try an online mom forum for the des moines area. They might have a discussion of doctors and/or vaccinations.

Also, I know there are some arrogant doctors out there but there are also plenty who will respect parental choices as long as you are respectful, knowledgeable and firm.

If you want a Christian doctor, try www.cmda.org. They have a doctor finder.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 06:41:12 PM by Cycami »

Offline McBritney

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 04:56:23 PM »
http://onemoresoul.com/nfp-directory

For our insurance, we can not chose to see naturopath doctors. Some of you may be in this situation. A year ago we moved all of our health care to a Catholic clinic. Half the doctors are Catholic, half are Protestant. It doesn't really matter to me. They are not very knowledgeable on natural options for treating things. However, they are all very respectful of your decision about immunizations- especially since many contain aborted fetal cells. and they are all trained to help with Natural Family Planning. We are moving soon to California. And my doctor gave me the One More Soul website to help me find another doctor to provide help with NFP and breastfeeding ect

All you do is type in your zipcode!!