Author Topic: Recognizing & Avoiding Allergens [Intolerances]  (Read 50036 times)

Offline HappyWifey

• Adept
    • Rejoicing Evermore
Re: Recognizing & Avoiding Allergens [Intolerances]
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2010, 02:00:08 PM »
I'm glad this came up as those of you on Rebars know I am eliminating gluten to see if I am allergic to it. It makes me wonder though if I might be allergic to anything else. What are common symptoms of allergies? I don't ever have any hives or anything, except this past winter I have had on my knees and elbows spots that are just like bug bites (only no bugs) they are itchy, puffy, red. And as soon as I start putting any moisturizer on them they go away. I think that is just from the dry winter air though.

Anyways I'm wondering if any of the odd symptoms I have every now and then might be allergic reactions to something and I not know it.

I have HORRIBLE memory, and it is getting worse. Sometimes I feel like I am in a fog as far as my thinking. I forget things people ask me to do ALL the time. I'm only 23!

Every now and then I itch, down there, but I never develop a yeast infection. (I haven't ever had one since I was a little girl and didn't wash properly)

I always used to get about 2 pimples any time in the week before I started my cycle. Now all of the sudden for the last three months they have been coming mid cycle.

I get bad side pains, non gas related at times.

For the last 3 months or so I have had a really odd reaction to caffeine, my heart feels like it is beating wildly, but it is not, the feeling actually comes from my lung area, and breathing deep becomes difficult, and I have panic attacks. (never had a panic attack before until this happened)

My eyes are SUPER sensitive. While reading Dr. Shultzes book on Cayenne he mentioned how he had a bunch blown into his eyes, and immediately after I read that my eyes started "smarting" and I had to cover them with a pillow. My eyesight has gotten worse really fast in the past year.

I had a whole bunch but now I can't think of them... *sigh* My memory is the worst thing, if I could get a good memory back I would be happy. And so would my DH...  ::)

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2010, 03:30:30 PM »
Read this! Your symptoms are classic. I think you have every one.  :o The caffeine reaction kind of confirms it.
The other joint issues and such also indicate an immune and inflammation issue in your body.
You will also find that if you can take care of the endocrine issues it will help with the immune system sensitivity and that will resolve most food intolerances. (and reduce other allergies such as hay fever, chemical, and animal).

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2010, 03:42:45 PM »
Actually, anyone who has food intolerances and allergies needs to read that link. I don't see the link between immune and endocrine system imbalances and allergies mentioned anywhere else in this thread. May have missed it, but it won't hurt to bring it up again.

Recently I've become aware of some research that is correlating the recent surge in GMO to increased immune function disorders....from autism to allergies, DNA disruption diseases...You don't actually have to plant GMO seed or even eat GMO product to suffer from side effects. Since exposure is almost unavoidable proactive immune system defense is important to preventing intolerances from developing.

Of course there is already awareness of possible immune system damage from things like vaccines, pharmacueticals, and other enviromental toxins such as mercury in amalgams and the new light bulbs they've mandated on us.
Since diabeties and fatty liver syndrome are also metabolic diseases the list of related and intertwined illness is unending.  :o

Allergies are an effect, a symptom; NOT a cause. Check it out!  If you stop at avoiding allergens it won't ultimately lead you to health. Got to go deeper.

It just goes on and on.  >:( Anyway... here is the link again.
http://www.drrind.com/therapies/metabolic-therapy

Offline janns

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #93 on: February 18, 2010, 04:45:00 AM »
Thank you. I have plenty to think about now! :) I am pretty convinced that the cough and hives are a result of mold growing on our windows. I don't know anything about charcoal capsules. I better start researching!

Offline HappyWifey

• Adept
    • Rejoicing Evermore
« Reply #94 on: February 18, 2010, 01:05:06 PM »
Read this! Your symptoms are classic. I think you have every one.  :o The caffeine reaction kind of confirms it.
The other joint issues and such also indicate an immune and inflammation issue in your body.
You will also find that if you can take care of the endocrine issues it will help with the immune system sensitivity and that will resolve most food intolerances. (and reduce other allergies such as hay fever, chemical, and animal).

Wow I have quite a few of those symptoms, some are ones I didn't even mention. I'm pretty sure my thyroid is working ok (can't get it tested) but my hormones very likely are messed up. I have the herbal formulas to fix them, if I could only just get myself to remember to fix up the capsules and take them. Also another problem though is that I am going GF for 30 days and I recently learned that those two formulas will NOT work if I am not taking Wheat Germ Oil with them. :/

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #95 on: February 18, 2010, 02:09:11 PM »

Wow I have quite a few of those symptoms, some are ones I didn't even mention. I'm pretty sure my thyroid is working ok (can't get it tested) but my hormones very likely are messed up. I have the herbal formulas to fix them, if I could only just get myself to remember to fix up the capsules and take them. Also another problem though is that I am going GF for 30 days and I recently learned that those two formulas will NOT work if I am not taking Wheat Germ Oil with them. :/

HW,  I found that the longer I was GF , the better my memory has gotten.  I've always had a horrible memory way back to highschool and it's actually getting better the longer I stay away from my food allergens.   As far as hormone formulas go, when I find I can't add something to it because of an allergy, I just do all of the other portions of a formula and leave out what I can't have.  It's better to do that, then nothing at all. 

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline HappyWifey

• Adept
    • Rejoicing Evermore
« Reply #96 on: February 18, 2010, 04:37:54 PM »
Thanks Patti, I actually feel less fuzzy brained today. Not sure if it's the placebo effect or not though. :)

I will go ahead and start taking the pills, asap. :)