Author Topic: I Think I Have Candida and/or Leaky Gut: What Now?  (Read 131859 times)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: I Think I Have Candida and/or Leaky Gut: What Now?
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2007, 06:08:30 AM »
Hi,
This is my first post.  I have found all of the candida info very helpful, thanks. 

I do have a question though.  I read this "There is no better probiotic to accomplish this than Essential Formulas Probiotics OMX 12 by Dr. Ohhira, or Natren's Healthy Trinity. (Do not take Healthy Trinity within two hours of taking Psyllium hulls, slippery elm, Oxy-Powder, anti-fungals, garlic, vitamin c and some drugs)." on this sitehttp://www.cancerorfungus.com/antifungal.html. 

Any thoughts or experience with this(taking probiotics and candida killers at separate meals)?  Dh and I are taking probiotics with two meals a day.  I have dh taking his neem oil two hours after dinner now so that it won't hurt the probiotics.  We are planning to start a candida killer in the next week or so. 

Thanks, Briana

maybe the candida killer would kill the probiotics, not sure.  but i do take my probiotics first thing in the am, and right before bed just to be safe.
This topic is very difficult to research because of all of the techy-med terms, but to the best I can figure, it's very possible that some antifungals may be detrimental to certain "Bifido" strains in probiotic formulas because of their relationship to oxygen (They are strictly anaerobic and die in the presence of oxygen).

"Lacto" bacteria however, seem to have the ability to survive in aerobic or anaerobic environments (faculative anaerobes) and should not be affected by the increased oxygen in the blood that comes from taking certain antifungals.

It's a very complex subject and I am still wading through all the information I can find, but unless you're supplementing strictly faculative anaerobic bacteria like acidophilus, it sure couldn't hurt to take your probiotics at different times of the day than your antifungals and it would probably be wise to continue probiotics well after you have discontinued your antifungal remedies to replace as many bacteria in the body as possible.

NOTE:  After reading about this topic more thoroughly, I came across some interesting facts.  Acidophilus is not only native to the GI tract, but also to the vagina and bifido bacteria is found primarily in the colon. 

I'm convinced that if you have vaginal yeast symptoms, that getting acidophilus directly into the vagina is a good step in full recovery and I also believe that if digestion is an issue, that enemas containing bifido bacteria may be essential as well.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 06:12:26 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline brigonia

• Adept
    • My blog
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2007, 06:50:07 AM »
Thanks.  Have you noticed any tummy upset or other not so great reactions from taking the probiotics on an empty stomach?  The ones we are taking have a coating (enteric?) on them so that they don't disolve 'till after they pass through the stomach.  I'm wondering if that would keep the bacteria safer if we did combine pros and antis at the same time.  Hmm, more to look up.

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2007, 07:09:24 AM »
Thanks.  Have you noticed any tummy upset or other not so great reactions from taking the probiotics on an empty stomach?  The ones we are taking have a coating (enteric?) on them so that they don't disolve 'till after they pass through the stomach.  I'm wondering if that would keep the bacteria safer if we did combine pros and antis at the same time.  Hmm, more to look up.

i take 5 or 6 primal defense when i first wake up, before eating, and i never have any tummy trouble.  i am more prone to lower bowel trouble, and haven't had that either.  i worked up to taking 5 or 6 in the morning and before bed.  i also take extra if i eat poorly or feel digestively upset sometime during the day.  i take 2 yeast assassin with 2 meals.  also, i used to think i couldn't handle taking anything on an empty stomach, but after trying it, i don't.  also, i am sure to take supermom with food.  HTH
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2007, 08:26:14 AM »

Never had any tummy upset from taking any of my supplements with or without meals.  I usually can't take with meals, cuz I'm too full to swallow the water and the pills, so I usually take all of them a couple of hours after I eat.  Occaisionally, I burp fish when I take CLO, but it's not bad and it doesn't last long.  ;D
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Naomismama

• Adept
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2007, 12:23:24 PM »
 I posted a few things a while back about my husbands eczema. He has it REALLY bad!! It's far worse than any other eczema I[ve ever seen, Anyway,  he is on week 4 of a candida yeast program. He is following the anti yeast diet from the yeast connection book. He is taking the anti yeast pack stuff from beeyoutiful, except he is taking a high potency flora (50 billion live cultures per capsule 2 x's a day) instead of the probiotics that came from beeyoutiful. He is doing a liver detox (3 pills, 2x's a day, the bottle says to take 1 2 x's a day but the lady who sold it ot us said in his condition to up it to 3) He's also drinking aloe vera juice everyday (8oz), taking vit e, eating lots of flax and hemp seeds, lots of garlic and garlic capsules....I think that's everything, but he is NOT getting better! It seemed like his upper body was starting to clear up and then it just spread like wild fire down his legs. Now, his arms are back to how they were before and his legs are covered. I'd have to say like 85-90% of his body is completly covered in eczema. His neck and ears are oozing and bleeding. His skin is so thin on his arms that when he itches it, it breaks open and starts to bleed. His legs look different from his arms, more like what most people's eczema looks like, it's red round dry patches that are more circular. His upper body and arms are just completly tomato red, his neck is probably the worst, it kind of feels like leather. We are EXTREMELY discouraged!!!! I guess we thought will all this it would at least be showing signs of improvement instead of worsening. What do you think? Oh, and he says he has a "metalic"y taste in his mouth and the stuff that is oozing out of his smells metallicy. I think he's detoxing bad but he's so sick of hearing that from me!!! Just wondered what your thoughts are. Thanks!
Check out my yahoo group, (or PM me) for info on my baby slings!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/santinasslings/

YoopreMama

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2007, 12:58:24 PM »
Naomismama,

I've been wondering how he was.  :(  I'm so sorry to hear of his pain and frustration.  :'(  I just came out of a horrid 2 month detox rash...I truly think that is what I had...I would think that's what is going on with him, too.  It got way worse before it got better...some thoughts...(I've posted elsewhere on this):

The DSS salts were key for me (dead horse, I know  ;))...drying it out...I had to get rid of the flannel sheets at night b/c I was sweating and drawing out more junk (like a sauna effect).  Trapping it w/ salves really didn't work and I only used it when it was really bad (cracked, bleeding).  I wonder if calmoseptine (over the counter "new" salve that works similarly to calamine lotion) would help. It makes a water-proof barrier so healing can begin.  I used that and benefited from it last fall.

I didn't realize that doing the master cleanse in December wiped out my good bacteria, too.  So I kick-started my liver, but also diminished my beneficial intestinal flora at the same time.   :(  I recently started making and drinking beet kvass, kombucha, cabbage juice, kefir and increased my homemade yogurt.  That's helping SO much.  And the healthy fats...coconut oils, avocado, eggs, nuts, etc...I'd add cod liver oil if you haven't already.  Pulling grains from my diet has helped many, too, with this situation.  Berries,foods with antioxidants (beets and carrots), etc...I'll try and find the threads that may help...

I'll continue to pray for you both.   :)

Here are some threads I mentioned:

http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,4963.0.html
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,2283.0.html
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,5972.msg64313.html#msg64313
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,5375.0.html
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,5501.0.html

Hope something helps!   :)

Offline likemanywaters

• Adept
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2007, 01:31:51 PM »
Naomismama,

I'm just thinking about the "metally" smell. Do you think a bentonite clay bath might help?  Just remember reading that it binds to heavy metals...
And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and his voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory.

-Ezekiel 43:2

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2007, 07:26:29 PM »
I posted a few things a while back about my husbands eczema. He has it REALLY bad!! It's far worse than any other eczema I[ve ever seen, Anyway,  he is on week 4 of a candida yeast program. He is following the anti yeast diet from the yeast connection book. He is taking the anti yeast pack stuff from beeyoutiful, except he is taking a high potency flora (50 billion live cultures per capsule 2 x's a day) instead of the probiotics that came from beeyoutiful. He is doing a liver detox (3 pills, 2x's a day, the bottle says to take 1 2 x's a day but the lady who sold it ot us said in his condition to up it to 3) He's also drinking aloe vera juice everyday (8oz), taking vit e, eating lots of flax and hemp seeds, lots of garlic and garlic capsules....I think that's everything, but he is NOT getting better! It seemed like his upper body was starting to clear up and then it just spread like wild fire down his legs. Now, his arms are back to how they were before and his legs are covered. I'd have to say like 85-90% of his body is completly covered in eczema. His neck and ears are oozing and bleeding. His skin is so thin on his arms that when he itches it, it breaks open and starts to bleed. His legs look different from his arms, more like what most people's eczema looks like, it's red round dry patches that are more circular. His upper body and arms are just completly tomato red, his neck is probably the worst, it kind of feels like leather. We are EXTREMELY discouraged!!!! I guess we thought will all this it would at least be showing signs of improvement instead of worsening. What do you think? Oh, and he says he has a "metalic"y taste in his mouth and the stuff that is oozing out of his smells metallicy. I think he's detoxing bad but he's so sick of hearing that from me!!! Just wondered what your thoughts are. Thanks!
What about soaps and shampoos (SLS and other detergents)?  Food allergies?  Is there a food that makes it worse?  Deodorant?  Toothpaste?  A certain type of fabric (sheets, bedspread, matress, clothing, winter coats/hats/gloves), a toxin at work that's not at home, or something at home that's not at work?  Metal fillings in his mouth?  Aluminum in the diet?  Medications?  Hair Spray?  After Shave?  Something on the kids?  Something he drinks (energy drinks, juice, etc)? Something in the car?  A certain room of the house better or worse?  Mold/Mildew in the walls or matress?

Keep in mind, the things above may or may not be the ultimate cause, but could exacerbate other problems.  SLS for instance has been known to cause eczema caused by leaky gut and/or food intolerance to worsen even though SLS was not the original cause of the condition. 

If you can, you might consider keeping a daily journal and record his activities.  Keep records of when it's the worst and when it's the best and see if you can pinpoint the cause.

If he's detoxing some sort of metals - can you think of anytime that he was exposed to heavy metals for a long duration?  Vaccines?  Aluminum?  Lead?  Has he ever been shot (lead bullet)?  Has he ever broken any bones and had metal pins surgically implanted?  Is he a welder or a foundry worker?  Maybe you need to add a chelate to his regimin?  Also, if he's detoxing through the skin any oils that you apply for the symptoms could slow the process by sealing in the toxins.  I realize he's in alot of pain, so you might take YooperMama's advice on the Sea Salt baths.  Not having experienced this, myself, I can't say whether or not this would sting his already sensitive skin, but if he can tolerate it, it might help to flush the toxins from his skin.

Also, if you think he's detoxing metals, I would make sure he's not putting any more in his body - no iron supplements, no deodorants containing aluminum, no aluminum pans for cooking (if possible), etc.  Here's a thread on it.
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,1020.0.html
One other alternative would be to slow down the detoxing process to make it more tolerable, but of course the price for this would be that it might take longer, but he might be able to tolerate the process better if it was slowed (by taking less supplements).  It's probably a good idea to get it out as quickly as possible and I realize his patience is running thin.  Just trying to give you every possible suggestion I can think of.

I wish I had easy answers for you.  I know how overwhelming this must be for both of you.  I'll pray for your ability to find the answer soon.  Hang in there.  Don't give up.

If I think of anything else, I'll post it.

~hb
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 08:44:12 PM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

YoopreMama

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2007, 05:22:45 PM »
HB,
What a thorough, helpful reply.  Wise woman you are.   :-* 

Offline SarahK

• Master
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2007, 05:44:25 PM »
If he's detoxing some sort of metals - can you think of anytime that he was exposed to heavy metals for a long duration?  Vaccines?  Aluminum?  Lead? 

Lead is also found in Old paint.  Not post-1980s latex paint - but the old, old stuff.  It gets stirred up when remodeling an older home with lead paint under wallpaper, other paint, etc.  Old pipes can have lead solder.  It also ends up in the soil around older homes as the paint peels off and falls to the ground year after year.  It was occasionally used in some wood finising -not paint- like a varnish years ago.  There are other symptoms of lead poisoning like memory loss, anemia, and such. 

I was a Public Health nurse in my 'former life' but I mostly worked with children with lead exposure.  I don't remember adult specific symptoms beyond those listed.
I have learned enough to know I still have lots to learn.  Teach me.
My WTM Intro updated 9/2010

Offline Naomismama

• Adept
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2007, 04:04:17 PM »
Thanks for all the suggestions, we've been trying to discuss all the aspects of this problem. We live a pretty simple basic life, chemical free, no sls, no aluminum, no toxins, as much organic as we can afford, so there really isn't much that could be irritating him in our home. I make all our food from scratch (nothing packaged/processed at ALL) make our laundry detergent, use tiny scraps of dryer sheets, natural soaps, vinegar and baking soda for cleaning, NO OTC or prescriptions drugs in a few years....BUT we did live the standard american way as far as diet and seeing MD's for all our life until just a few years ago. We both got all our childhood vaccines, have been on lots of antibiotics, otc drugs, ate dead foods, etd. SO, this could be his body just purging itself of all the junk that he had in our body for the past years of his life.
OH! BTW, here's an awesome story of how GREAT and MERCIFUL our Lord is! I was asking the Lord to send someone our way who could help give us a definative answer to all this because we were really discouraged Friday. So, I ran into town to go to the bank and when I came out there was a car parked next to mine that had "becky rupert, homeopathic cunsultant" on the side door!!!!! I was beside myself. Being the over excited type that I am, I waited for her to come out and when she did I stopped her and told her she was my answer to prayer! LOL  :D She probably thought I was NUTS but humored me and talked with me for a while. So, we will probably make an appointment with her soon and (hopefully) get some definative answers. THANKS to all of you for your prayers, I will keep you posted and if you think of anything, we appreciate any suggestions. You have all been extremely helpful! My husband and I are praying for the Lord's blessing in your lives too!!!! ;)
Check out my yahoo group, (or PM me) for info on my baby slings!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/santinasslings/

Offline hollyolly123

• Adept
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2007, 03:41:05 PM »
I just found a fanstastic article for healing leaky gut!!!!  It is very comprehensive.  It is called "How to Restore Digestive Health"  on www.westonaprice.org.

Short paraphrase of something I found exciting:

Probiotics with HSOs (homeostatic soil organisms) returned very leaky guts to high levels of normal in just ninety days.

It also talks about bad fats being so bad and coconut oil and grassfed butter being key to healing the gut.  Some stuff we already knew, but you've got to read the article because there is so much more.  Maybe somebody who's computer savvy can post a link. 

YoopreMama

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2007, 04:27:28 PM »
Here's the article on restoring digestive health:

http://www.westonaprice.org/moderndiseases/restore_digestivehealth.html

Jordan's stuff is good...he has lots of books out...Maker's Diet, most recently. We've read his stuff....good article!   :)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2007, 08:58:47 AM »
For any who are interested in further researching this topic, I have gone back to my original post and added my sources to the bottom of the thread.

My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2007, 01:44:28 AM »
I have a friend who has been suffering from eczema for many years.   I finally talked him into a candida/leaky gut regimen.  He's been taking the full recommended dosage of Yeast Assassin & Acidophilus Blast and 4 NOW CLO softgels a day for about 3 weeks.

He reports, before taking, he had almost constant indigestion and heart burn.  This has improved to occasional episodes only.  He noted that he feels more energized after 6 hours of sleep a night and before was having trouble staying alert at work.  He has also said that his eczema is itching much less.  I'll keep reporting to let you know how he's doing.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 03:30:43 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline momofskc

• Learning
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2007, 06:40:34 PM »
I have a question about candida and leaky gut.  I am 99% positive that I have this and am having some very weird symptoms of maybe AI related things, but the one thing that I don't have and have never had is any skin related problems, no eczema, no rashes, no itching.  Does that rule out the candida and leaky gut problem?  I do seem to be getting more moles and have some skin tags  in my bra area.  Is this related somehow?
Julie:)

Offline Pastorswife2B

• Adept
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2007, 07:34:38 AM »
I have a question about candida and leaky gut.  I am 99% positive that I have this and am having some very weird symptoms of maybe AI related things, but the one thing that I don't have and have never had is any skin related problems, no eczema, no rashes, no itching.  Does that rule out the candida and leaky gut problem?  I do seem to be getting more moles and have some skin tags  in my bra area.  Is this related somehow?

My experiences with leaky gut (a FIL and my son) neither have experienced skin related issues.  They both have some extreme food allergies and my son has had some diaper rash issues due to some toxic bowels, but I think that was a 'secondary' cause from his LG. 

-Heather

Offline momofskc

• Learning
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2007, 12:16:00 PM »
Thank you Heather, for taking the time to respond.  I guess what I need to do now is start with a good plan to fix these problems.  It does seem to be getting worse and worse. I could tell before that the symptoms came and went.  I would have some good days and some bad.  WEll, for about 4 months now I haven't had a "good" day.  Everyday I seem to feel a little worse.  It is hard for me to focus on getting a comprehensive attack plan together when my head feels so fuzzy and distracted.  I guess I will have to write everything down. 

I love and appreciate everyone who contributes to this site and I thank the Lord above for leading me here to get so many good informative answers to problems that I had no clue about.  Thank you all!
Julie:)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2007, 01:31:04 PM »
I guess what I need to do now is start with a good plan to fix these problems.  ...I guess I will have to write everything down.

http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,2698.msg24644.html#msg24644
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline leslieincali

• Adept
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2007, 07:14:20 PM »
Thanks for all the suggestions, we've been trying to discuss all the aspects of this problem. We live a pretty simple basic life, chemical free, no sls, no aluminum, no toxins, as much organic as we can afford, so there really isn't much that could be irritating him in our home. I make all our food from scratch (nothing packaged/processed at ALL) make our laundry detergent, use tiny scraps of dryer sheets, natural soaps, vinegar and baking soda for cleaning, NO OTC or prescriptions drugs in a few years....BUT we did live the standard american way as far as diet and seeing MD's for all our life until just a few years ago. We both got all our childhood vaccines, have been on lots of antibiotics, otc drugs, ate dead foods, etd. SO, this could be his body just purging itself of all the junk that he had in our body for the past years of his life.
OH! BTW, here's an awesome story of how GREAT and MERCIFUL our Lord is! I was asking the Lord to send someone our way who could help give us a definative answer to all this because we were really discouraged Friday. So, I ran into town to go to the bank and when I came out there was a car parked next to mine that had "becky rupert, homeopathic cunsultant" on the side door!!!!! I was beside myself. Being the over excited type that I am, I waited for her to come out and when she did I stopped her and told her she was my answer to prayer! LOL  :D She probably thought I was NUTS but humored me and talked with me for a while. So, we will probably make an appointment with her soon and (hopefully) get some definative answers. THANKS to all of you for your prayers, I will keep you posted and if you think of anything, we appreciate any suggestions. You have all been extremely helpful! My husband and I are praying for the Lord's blessing in your lives too!!!! ;)

Hi there. I don't know if you are still reading this are not or want anymore suggestions, but if it helps great! My son had eczema on his eyelids. Not anywhere near your husbands, but irritating. When we switched to raw milk, it was gone within a week and has never come back. Might be worth a shot.  Leslie

Offline grocerygetter

• Adept
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2007, 03:36:36 PM »
I know (from HB :)) that I need to kill my candida...I'm nursing and can't take Yeast Assassin. Is coconut oil and raw pumpkin seeds enough?! That seems so simple. How much of each should I consume and for how long? Thanks!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2007, 05:33:15 PM »
I know (from HB :)) that I need to kill my candida...I'm nursing and can't take Yeast Assassin. Is coconut oil and raw pumpkin seeds enough?! That seems so simple. How much of each should I consume and for how long? Thanks!

Candida Cleanse Without Supplements
Treating Candida/Yeast While Pregnant [or Nursing]
Foods to Eat While Fighting Candida
Natural Antifungals
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline calina

• Learning
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2007, 01:23:33 PM »
My daughter had a similar eczema rash over her entire body from the time she came out of my womb.  We found out she was allergic to gluten, wheat, and milk. Check out celiac disease and/or the skin condition called dermatitis herpitiformis. sp?   When I took these out of her diet the rash disappeared.  She is also on prescription nystatin.  An added bonus, her autistic behaviors improved. 

Offline grocerygetter

• Adept
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2007, 02:15:08 PM »
My daughter had a similar eczema rash over her entire body from the time she came out of my womb.  We found out she was allergic to gluten, wheat, and milk. Check out celiac disease and/or the skin condition called dermatitis herpitiformis. sp?   When I took these out of her diet the rash disappeared.  She is also on prescription nystatin.  An added bonus, her autistic behaviors improved. 

Did you ever try treating her for Leaky Gut/Candida? Or did you just cut those products from her diet? Thanks so much for sharing with me :)

YoopreMama

« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2007, 02:36:45 PM »
Check out celiac disease and/or the skin condition called dermatitis herpitiformis. sp?  
There is a thread on this:
Dermatitis [Atopic] Herpetiformis: Celiac Disease of the Skin
Could you share your experience there, please?   :)

Offline InEverything

• Adept
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2007, 09:04:08 PM »
Does anyone else have really loud digestion?  :P It can be so embarrassing at times.  I was wondering if this was a sign of leaky gut..it sounds like there is hole somewhere inside that should not be there!  It doesn't happen everyday but often enough to be irritating.  Any thoughts on this?
"in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thes. 5:18

Offline calina

• Learning
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2007, 02:07:12 AM »
At first we just made diet changes.  But she would occasionally be given her problem foods.  When we became serious about the GFCF diet, as well as avoiding corn, soy, and red dyes and taking an antifungal, the skin rash and sensitivity to sound, etc. improved within 2-3 weeks time.  Nystatin is a prescription antifungal to treat her candida.  She has been on it over a year now.  It seems to be a daily battle because if she misses a dose she becomes constipated.   I've tried her on many different probiotics, but have found none that agree with her.  Many of them contain small amounts of milk products which she is severly allergic to.  Just another thought, we have to buy her a special rice "milk" from allergygrocer.com.  We found that the whole foods brand that she had been drinking contained added vitamins A and D.  This seemed to exacerbate her candida problem as well.

Offline InEverything

• Adept
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2007, 12:23:11 PM »
Does anyone else have really loud digestion?  :P It can be so embarrassing at times.  I was wondering if this was a sign of leaky gut..it sounds like there is hole somewhere inside that should not be there!  It doesn't happen everyday but often enough to be irritating.  Any thoughts on this?

It seems like a silly question but I was really wanting to know if there are others with this problem.  My husband looks at me like I am from Mars when he hears all of my digestion noises.  So... BUMP
"in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thes. 5:18

Offline hodgy

• Adept
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2007, 01:11:24 PM »
My digestion used to be REALLY loud.  I got the crazy looks too!  It did seem to be worse with certain foods.  Looking back, I now believe this was the beginning of candida overgrowth in the gut for me.  Of course, it had to get to the way dangerous stage for me to begin to research it.  I think I'm a little too late at times.  Now my digestion is completely, sickeningly silent.  Like there's nothing going on in there.  When I take digestive enzymes it gets noisy some, but not like before.  If you're not already, I say grab the probiotics and start some cleansing! HTH

Offline InEverything

• Adept
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2007, 07:26:49 PM »
My digestion used to be REALLY loud.  I got the crazy looks too!  It did seem to be worse with certain foods.  Looking back, I now believe this was the beginning of candida overgrowth in the gut for me.  Of course, it had to get to the way dangerous stage for me to begin to research it.  I think I'm a little too late at times.  Now my digestion is completely, sickeningly silent.  Like there's nothing going on in there.  When I take digestive enzymes it gets noisy some, but not like before.  If you're not already, I say grab the probiotics and start some cleansing! HTH

Hi Hodgy..good to hear from you.  Do you mind giving more specifics about your own candida regime?  My symptoms are loud digestion  :D, hypoglycemia, skin disorders, brain fog  :D
Here is my basic "diet":
whole grains, meat, eggs, coffee with cream (one cup per day), fruit, vegetables, very little sugar, kombucha, apple cider vinegar, tea.  I am going to start making kefir again.  I want to avoid supplements for now if possible.  Thanks!