Author Topic: Naked Smoothies (brand)....question  (Read 2267 times)

Offline jyoungwerth

• Wide Eyed
    • Jim's Devos
Naked Smoothies (brand)....question
« on: October 03, 2006, 10:32:26 AM »
I just bought a Naked Smoothie (the green machine one) and I was wondering if anyone happened to know if they were all that healthy.  I read the label and it doesn't look bad and it's very good tasting.  I was just wondering if I should waste my time drinking it or go out of my way to purchase it?

I would love to make my own healthy smoothies, but I just can't until the first trimester pregnancy nausea goes away.  Preparing food makes me want to vomit, and while we were at the store, even thinking about pasteurized milk and processed food made me queasy--very weird.  Yet I still can't even make kefir because thinking of the taste of it makes me icky too, so this is kind of a last ditch effort to get something healthy into me.

Let me know if any of you have any advice on the Naked Smoothies :)

Thanks!

Offline Kati*did

• Master
Re: Naked Smoothies (brand)....question
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 10:42:12 AM »
I think they have great ingredients except for the protein ones, which have soy protein isolate. 

"...plain Kate, and bonny Kate, and sometimes Kate the curst..."

Offline ALittleMore

• Adept
Re: Naked Smoothies (brand)....question
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 11:50:16 AM »
I think they have great ingredients except for the protein ones, which have soy protein isolate. 

Exactly what I was going to say, too. They are very yummy and I've been very pleased with them *except they are rather pricy. :-\*

But I do like them. :)