Author Topic: my nystatin has sucrose in it!!  (Read 7061 times)

Offline sickmomgirl

• Adept
my nystatin has sucrose in it!!
« on: February 24, 2010, 06:21:53 PM »
Hi Im just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on taking nystatin with sucrose? apparently its what my doctor ordered and not the nystatin powder without sucrose-- he;s a good doctor so i'm baffled. If I have to completely eliminate all forms of sugar from my diet (which i've failed at so far but am determined to beat this thing) isn't the sucrose in nystatin a problem??

Offline mommyjen

• Adept
Re: my nystatin has sucrose in it!!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 07:26:17 PM »
Hi Im just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on taking nystatin with sucrose? apparently its what my doctor ordered and not the nystatin powder without sucrose-- he;s a good doctor so i'm baffled. If I have to completely eliminate all forms of sugar from my diet (which i've failed at so far but am determined to beat this thing) isn't the sucrose in nystatin a problem??

Ugh!  ???
Billy's wife and mom to John, Charles, Gilbert, and Lewis.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 05:33:35 AM »
sucrose is not a good thing.  if you have the ability to get it sugar free, it might be best; however, nystatin is a very powerful antifungal and i think that it could safely do the job with or without the bit of sugar that might be included.

i don't know this for sure, but it could also be included to attract the yeast to make it more potent.  they use this method with cancer.  add small bits of chemo meds to foods with high sugar content (or insulin).  this causes the cells to open up and be ready to feed which gives easier access to the cells.  not sure if this is what they are going for, but it makes sense to me.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 03:26:11 PM »
if you have the ability to get it sugar free, it might be best;

Sugar free nystatin has aspartame in it, though. It's like a lose-lose situation.  :-\
If I had to buy it, again, I would just get the regular kind.