Author Topic: Kombucha SCOBYs & Kefir Grains - Available/Wanted  (Read 56116 times)

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Kombucha SCOBYs & Kefir Grains - Available/Wanted
« on: February 13, 2007, 06:02:53 AM »
There was enough interest in passing around SCOBYs and kefir grains that I decided to split these posts out of the regular buy/sell/trade thread for easier reference.  If you posted your want/need for SCOBYs and/or kefir grains in the middle of a larger post containing other items in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread, I did not split it out.  I'll leave it up to you to post it separately.  ;)

Let's keep this thread clean like it's predecessor.  Please only post information for obtaining or providing starters and refrain from chatting in this thread.  ;)

Thanks

~hb
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 06:11:16 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Nickole

Re: Kombucha SCOBYs & Kefir Grains - Available/Wanted
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 05:16:40 AM »
Laura,
Do you have any clue how it would be to send them to me in Brazil?  I had some and split them with a friend too soon and mine never recovered and "grew" after that.  I desperately want some more!  I would like you to find out the postage for the fastest/best route and I will send you a company check BEFORE you mail them.  If you can work it out, great.  If not, I will keep looking...........  ;)
Thank you for your generosity,
Lisa

Laura, you can send items in small boxes Air Letter Post if you send internationally.  Should be $10 or so for postage to Brazil.  Just wanted to let you know not to look up a parcel post price, b/c Air Letter Post is much cheaper.  Also, at the PO they often will not quote you the Air Letter Post price for a small box, so you have to request it.  I think some workers there just aren't aware you can send a small box that way  :-\.  Just FYI.   

Nickole

Offline SarahK

• Master
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 04:23:20 AM »
There was enough interest in passing around SCOBYs and kefir grains that I decided to split these posts out of the regular buy/sell/trade thread for easier reference.  If you posted your want/need for SCOBYs and/or kefir grains in the middle of a larger post containing other items in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread, I did not split it out.  I'll leave it up to you to post it separately.  ;)

Let's keep this thread clean like it's predecessor.  Please only post information for obtaining or providing starters and refrain from chatting in this thread.  ;)

Thanks

~hb

It might be a good idea to click "Remove" at the bottom of your post when you no longer need to have a scoby or grains sent to you.  The giving away process keeps going - but you could get repeated, unnecessary offers for grains/scobys if the request is left in place.

Sarah  K
I have learned enough to know I still have lots to learn.  Teach me.
My WTM Intro updated 9/2010

Offline Rene

• Adept
  • Crucified with Christ! :)
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 06:35:00 AM »
I have kefir grains for 1 person, $5.50 - I prefer paypal.  Pm me if you are interested. 

Concerning shipping, when my grains grow, I take the extras and shake them in powdered milk, then freeze in a freezer bag, in the bottom with all the air removed and the bag rolled up.  When I ship them I place that in another freezer bag and put them in a mailing envelope and ship Priority.  I've sent out grains several times and they've always arrived just fine. 
(
  )
 (
__
\_/o   Rene' Helpmeet to Billy - 13  years!! Homeschooling Momma to Anna - 12, Melissa - 9, and Holly - 7

Offline ForeverGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Master
  • BoogBug
    • WellTellMe
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 08:07:24 PM »
Yep, I have a waiting list. The next batch of Kombucha mushrooms will be ready in 3 weeks. If you PM (private message) me, I'll put your name on the list. It costs me $7.00 for packaging and shipping. I have a limited supply of kefir grains too.

I have 3 open slots for the next batch.  :)

-Rebekah
Honey Sunny in complete exasperation:
"JOE!!! You DOUGHNUT COCONUT COCONUT COCONUT!!!"

Offline mom24boys

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 09:04:23 PM »
I have 5 or 6 Kombucha babies that I'd like to give away.  Just pay the shipping.  3 day shipping is usually around $5 and I think I have enough packaging around here to cover that.  Just let me know you want one and your address.
You can email me at jmek@integrity.com

Offline sierra

• Learning
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 04:39:13 AM »
I have a few kombucha babies I can send.  I make them in a big bowl so they are kind of huge 8)  I think $7 will cover all the costs.  Just PM me.  Thanks.

Sierra
I have the most wonderful job: wife to Craig,  mommy to Orrin (7), Mostyn (6), Praise (4),  Sasona Joy (2) and Berwynn (born 1-15-08)

Offline sierra

• Learning
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 04:08:09 PM »
I am traveling to LAWRENCE KS this weekend and have 2 kombucha scobys and 2 kefir grains (free) if anyone wants to meet me on Saturday.  Please PM by noon on Friday.
Thanks,
Sierra
I have the most wonderful job: wife to Craig,  mommy to Orrin (7), Mostyn (6), Praise (4),  Sasona Joy (2) and Berwynn (born 1-15-08)

Offline sierra

• Learning
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 03:52:56 PM »
I have Kefir grains for sale.  They have only been in raw milk.  PM if interested.  Thanks.

Sierra

Offline beachgirl

• Learning
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 11:40:28 AM »
Disclaimer.    Please take note.   
I'm gonna repost this with a disclaimer.  I use 100% herbal tea now and have for at least a couple months.  I don't know how this is effecting my scobys.  I have given away a bunch of there here on WTM.  If this is a concern to you, please find out more in your own investigation.

My family is satisfied with our results but I would not want anyone to feel that they were misled.

Sarah K

*Current as of March 2007*

I harvest Kombucha every day (large family) so if I don't have one for you today, I will soon.

Here's what to do:

You send a PM to me including your mailing address and the number of SCOBYs that you would like.

I send them to you as soon as I have enough to fill your 'order'.

When you receive your package, you send the postage amount (as noted on the package) to my return address on the package.

Sarah K
My first batch of kombucha finished 3 days ago and I had no problem with the scoby that you sent to me.  It developed a nice healthy baby (bigger than the mother) and I have started 2 more batches.  I used 3 Celestial Seasoning Peach teabags, one family size Luzianne teabag, and 1 1/2 cups of sugar.  I hate the taste of alcoholic beverages (even sparkling grape juice), but I can drink this (it's not too overpowering).  I left mine out on the counter after straining in airtight containers and it definitely fizzzzed.  I think I like it better without the fizz myself (hmm, maybe that's why I don't like alcoholic beverages).

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 12:18:36 PM »
I have at least one SCOBY available if you will pay postage.    PM me.   May have 2 if someone else doesn't get back to me.   Will mail Monday if you get in touch with me right away.
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side

Offline AnnaBanana

• AnnaBanana
  • Adept
  • Aloha ke Akua!
    • Lilia Designs & YINIA!
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2007, 08:34:52 AM »
I've got three available to ship Monday FFS.  PM me, please.  Or email me offlist at anna@liliadesigns.com:)

Offline twitterpated4hubby

• Adept
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2007, 03:48:51 PM »
I have scobys available if anyone needs one. PM me.
http://keepyourcloveson.blogspot.com/2008_10_01_archive.html

"...I found the one my heart loves. I held him and would not let him go..." -Song of Songs 3:4

Offline Kymdenise

• Adept
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2007, 03:42:37 AM »
I have grains to share.. I've got a little burned out on it all... I have enough to send out to three, so pm me asap..

Offline pelican

• Learning
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2007, 02:25:54 AM »
Kefir grains available to send out.  I can probably get a couple out tomorrow so leave me your address and I will PM you also to confirm.

Offline valvanz

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2007, 07:25:16 AM »
How much do you nedd for s/h to zip 74104? 

Offline ShannaC

• Adept
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2007, 02:35:43 PM »
I have some kefir grains to give away. PM me if you want some. I can mail them this week.

Offline AnnaBanana

• AnnaBanana
  • Adept
  • Aloha ke Akua!
    • Lilia Designs & YINIA!
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 08:07:36 AM »
I have more kombucha SCOBYs.  LMK if you need - I can ship them out tomorrow.  :)

Offline HeyMom

• Adept
    • My journey with Jesus as a young widow, Courage Road
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2007, 03:36:47 AM »
Will have a couple of scobys ready soon - PM if you would like one!   ;D
For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him.
2 Chronicles 16:9
www.courageroad.blogspot.com

Offline ShannaC

• Adept
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2007, 11:45:54 AM »
I have kefir grains to share. PM me if you are interested.
Shanna

Offline Isaacsmama

• Adept
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2007, 02:57:56 PM »
I've got scobys.  I cant seem to find people  to give them to, and have been throwing the extras away.  But, if anyone on here wants one, pm me.    they look so nice I hate to toss them, but I cant use them.

Offline createddaisy

• Adept
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2007, 10:27:36 AM »
I make  kombucha in a quart jar.  I have 3 or 4.  They will easily grow into a gallon jar!  I have a few kefir grains to get someone started.
PM me if interested.  Let me know exactly what you would like.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 01:55:27 PM by createddaisy »

Offline IMPersuadd

• Adept
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2007, 11:05:11 AM »
I am also going to have 4 extra scobys by this Friday/Saturday if anyone is interested.

I am located in Oregon so shipping is probably in the $4-5 range for priority mail.

Just a side note - they are selling them on ebay also so crazy prices.  :-)  Must be getting popular.  :-)

Lori
I aM PERSUADeD

Romans 8:38-39
II Timothy 1:12

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 05:49:11 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline mom24boys

• Adept
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2007, 07:24:37 PM »
I have kombucha SCOBYs for those of you requesting them.
In fact, I have about 15.  They are a bit on the small side because I culture/brew/ferment in quart jars.  However, with some experimenting, I have found that they work just fine in gallon jars as well.  If I have enough to go around, I would be willing to send two (2) to each person.

I just ask you pay the shipping and for the padded envelope; it's usually about $6 total.

Because so many have recently requested them and I don't have time to email each one personally, please PM me with your request and your address so I can figure the shipping.

Offline ktalbott

• Learning
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2007, 08:51:26 AM »
I have ten kombucha SCOBYS / mushrooms available for sale.  They would be coming form North Carolina.  Because it is hard for me to get to the post office with my little ones I am asking $5 for shipping/handling.  You can e-mail me at mrskatie @ gmail.com (take the spaces out). I will delete this post when they are gone.

~ Katie 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 10:01:46 AM by ktalbott »

Offline kittyninja

• KITTYNINJA
  • Master
    • blogger
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2007, 08:18:00 PM »
I have SCOBYs available!! special price of only 3 monthly payments of 19.99!! while supplies last! don't miss this special offer of Kittyninja SCOBY's!!

Just kidding...i'll just send it for some shipping if someone wants to let me know how much that usually costs. i'll take some snow here in trade!

Offline havasmama_05

• Adept
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2007, 06:53:26 PM »
I've got a nice gal size SCOBY in my fridge and I'm sure a baby on the way ;). Let me know if anyone wants one.
My 4 yods, "Mama, do mommy cows have rutters?"

Offline createddaisy

• Adept
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2008, 11:15:55 AM »
I have 8 scoobies I can mail out.  I may have a few grains I can mail out
next week if someone wanted both.  pm me for details and if interested.

Offline jenibee

• Adept
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2008, 03:12:39 AM »
Hi folks,

Try this website to locate sources of grains.  Most of these people only ask that you repay them for S/H (and most trust you enough to pay with a check!).

http://www.torontoadvisors.com/Kefir/kefir-list.php

Jeni