Author Topic: Sudden inexplicable weight gain  (Read 5325 times)

Offline Leah IL

• Adept
    • Hillman Acres
Sudden inexplicable weight gain
« on: April 20, 2006, 04:01:02 AM »
I have been reading about candida and display many of the symptoms, so I am planning on ordering the yeast assassin tablets today to see if that changes things. 

Another issue I have been having is some weight gain.  I don't get it.  I quit sugar completely the day after Thanksgiving of 2005 and since then I have put on at least 15 pounds.  Nothing else has changed- I would think that if anything quitting sugar would have taken the weight off, not put it on!  Could this have something to do with the candida, possibly bloating or something similar?  We eat very healthy foods, nothing processed, I am active though I don't get out and "exercise" on my own very often.  It's just odd that the weight would pile on just when I quit the sugar and it makes me wonder if my body is responding in some weird way.
Leah
Married to Ken 14 years, mom to Kenny (13), Kyle and Kaitlyn (11), Kevin (5) and Megan and Melissa (1 1/2)

My Intro: http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,1573.msg838.html#msg838

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: Sudden inexplicable weight gain
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 06:32:00 AM »
Maybe you needed it.   ;)  I don't know what you weigh or how tall you are, but I think most women think they are too heavy even when they are not.  IMO, women are meant to be soft, padded, warm and nurturing.  My family thinks I'm the best piece of furniture in the house.  ;) 

If you're convinced this was a bad thing, consider what you replaced your sugar with.  When you cut out your hi-carb foods, you have to replace them with something.  Maybe your replacements are causing the weight gain.  Or maybe you're still eating something with unhealthy sugars in it.  Some of the commerically processed foods we eat are very good at sneaking those unhealthy sugars into our diets.  Catsup, BBQ sauce, mustard, Jello.  There are also gluten sugars (white bread, rice, etc.).  Maybe you increased your sugar intake with fruits?  These are healthier, but they are still sugar.  Most of the books I've read say that if you eat fat and sugars in the same meal, you are more likely to gain weight than if you try to keep them separate.  Maybe you increased your fat intake and are eating this with fruit or some processed condiments?  Some ideas - hope they help.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Julia

• Master
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 03:24:39 PM »
Leah did you ever figure it out b/c I have had a similar question.

Offline Redheadedmama

• Learning
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 02:52:41 AM »
 :) I'm having that problem too and I watch what I eat( no processed foods) and I exercise. did it work out for u the yeast tablets?