Author Topic: Insulin Pump: Tell Us Your Experience  (Read 36432 times)

Offline amandas5boys

• Adept
  • We are in the Lords Army. Yes Sir!
Insulin Pump: Tell Us Your Experience
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2009, 11:30:04 PM »
I was just thinking that your son could propably do with some parsley broth. It cleanses the kidneys. I would add it to any other soup. Well I am always adding it to everything. or you could make a tea out of it. It might be hard to get it down him. He could just eat it straight. My children will if prompted. My husband has even been chewing on it for breaths sake.  ;D
But I have heard that the broth is best.
Just a thought and I think it would help to cleanse.

Offline amandas5boys

• Adept
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2009, 04:17:15 PM »
Has anyone heard of Dr. Schulz? I was told that he has reversed type 1 diabetes. Does anyone know anyone personally cured of type 1 diabetes?  Has any of you tried any of his things? I looked but could not find any thing with Dr. Schulz and diabetes.

Offline Mama Sita

• Adept
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2009, 04:33:12 AM »
Has anyone heard of Dr. Schulz? I was told that he has reversed type 1 diabetes. Does anyone know anyone personally cured of type 1 diabetes?  Has any of you tried any of his things? I looked but could not find any thing with Dr. Schulz and diabetes.

If this is the same Dr. Schulz (Schulze?) that sells the SuperFood, Intestinal Formulas #1 and #2, then I would not be surprised at all.

If you look back on this thread, I posted (#200) how researchers at Peninsula Medical School were able to stop Type I diabetes by giving an antifungal drug within 4 months of the onset of the disease. That is HUGE!!! Mycotoxins (fungus) are especially toxic to the pancreas, where insulin is produced. By wiping out the fungus, they were able to entirely stop Type I diabetes!!!!! WOW!!!!  :o I think this info was put out by Doug Kaufmann, Know the Cause.

In fact, I searched Doug's website and found his book : http://knowthecause.com/Books/TheFungusLinktoDiabetes/tabid/91/Default.aspx

You might want to check it out.  :)
"No one stands as tall as a Christian on his knees."
Get $5 off your first iHerb.com order: Code ISA141

Offline amandas5boys

• Adept
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2009, 10:51:53 PM »
Thanks for the article Mama Sita, I appreciate you taking your time out. I did spell that wrong it is Dr. Schulze.

I just wrote a reply to this and lost it. Probably a good thing. See, I have problems with all of these 'I have a cure things'. It goes something like this " cure to diabetes. To find the answer just buy the book". Only thing is I already have a many of books "with a cure". O kay maybe I am being hard but take this one that was just posted. Why does he have to sell a book to tell us what will kill the fungus. By-the-way please note that he doesn't say it is for type 1 diabetes. I have tried the herbs for my son, put him through that. Just to find out it is really something that will only heal type 2. Hey, they are no dummies. Diabetes makes a lot of people money and it is not just the Dr.s making the money.

I want to know that these things are for real. Is there anyone out there that has tried them and found that they do indeed have a cure for type 1? Does anyone know anyone that has been helped or cured? Has anyone read "The Fungus Link to Diabetes"?
Has anyone tried what ever Dr. Shulze says to do for healing it?

I also have a question about Dr. Bernstein's book "Diabetes Solution" I have gotten it in the mail this last week and am going at it. But I wonder should a growing boy eat like this? Every thing inside of me says no way. But I don't want to dismiss it either and miss out on something here. Of you ladies that recommended it, Do you go exactly by the diet? I haven't seen anything yet in it about children using this method. This is a major sacrifice to ask of a thirteen year old and yet I know that my son will do it if I tell him to. He trust me. But I don't want to put him through something that may be detrimental to him and his health.

Oh, and here is the link for the book (Diabetes Solution) on line. I tried to get it before but never could get to to work. Now since I have bought it I have found it on line. I hope it is a help to someone.

http://www.diabetes-book.com/readit.shtml
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 12:57:58 AM by amandas5boys »

Offline Mama Sita

• Adept
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2009, 02:12:53 AM »
See, I have problems with all of these 'I have a cure things'. It goes something like this " cure to diabetes. To find the answer just buy the book". Only thing is I already have a many of books "with a cure".

I heartily agree with you! This 'buy my book' thing gets very old--I feel that if they truly wanted to help people, they would post the info on line with free access to everyone.

To answer your original question, no, I don't know anybody personally who has been healed by Dr. Schulze (products) or by using an antifugal drug. I DO know of people, however, that have been able to completely avoid developing diabetes that runs strongly in their family by keeping a good, clean diet and moderate exercise. They are now approaching their 70's. They are my parents.  :)
"No one stands as tall as a Christian on his knees."
Get $5 off your first iHerb.com order: Code ISA141

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2009, 04:47:03 AM »

I also have a question about Dr. Bernstein's book "Diabetes Solution" I have gotten it in the mail this last week and am going at it. But I wonder should a growing boy eat like this? Every thing inside of me says no way. But I don't want to dismiss it either and miss out on something here. Of you ladies that recommended it, Do you go exactly by the diet? I haven't seen anything yet in it about children using this method. This is a major sacrifice to ask of a thirteen year old and yet I know that my son will do it if I tell him to. He trust me. But I don't want to put him through something that may be detrimental to him and his health.

Amanda,

It is okay for your son to eat the way Dr. Bernstein recommends.  Here's how I saw the Bernstein way of eating - meat and veggies essentially with a small amount of fruit (mostly berries) thrown in.  The meat and veggies your son would be able to eat will be more then enough to help him continue growing.  It is a sacrifice!  But I know someone who died of type I when they were 40yrs old.  This person was meticulous in his blood sugars, etc. but he ate the SAD.  I know a Type I at church that is a brittle brittle diabetic and she is now almost 90.  She has eaten the Bernstein way (although never read his book - just figured it out) most of her life.  I think Dr. Bernstein's point is if you eat right (especially as a child) you can preserve what little pancreatic function there might be, and you will prolong your life because the organs of the body aren't being bombarded with insulin and foods they don't need. 

I am not a type I diabetic - but I was a insulin dependent gestational diabetic.  Giving myself insulin caused more damage to my body then I could have ever imagined.  So just because your son can give himself insulin, doesn't mean it doesn't cause damage.  Our bodies keep a very balanced insulin/blood sugar balance.  Thank God they have insulin to give these days, but a person will live much longer without the eye damage, organ damage, etc. of using insulin their whole lives if they eat the way they should and thus are able to use LESS insulin then they would if they ate the SAD.   However good it is to be able to use insulin for life, it still is not the way the body would do it.  So it takes that much more diligence to keep the body healthy.

I started eating the Bernstein way because my pancreas was badly damaged when I was pregnant by pancreatitis.  So far (8yrs later) I've still managed to keep type II diabetes at bay.  They don't know how much damage was done to my pancreas.  Only that there was a lot.  But Bernsteins point is there may be some pancreas function left that can be preserved and used by eating right.

I think deciding to have your son eat the Bernstein way really is up to him.   How long does HE want to live and not have health problems?  I think I would recommend he read Bernstein's book and see what he thinks.  He might surprise you.  He is old enough to read the book and understand it.  And coming from a doc who has type I he might more easily relate then one would think. 

If your son came to you and said, "mom, I can't do this" you have two options as I see it.  1) to overrule him and encourage him to at least try it for "x" amount of time.  Let him see the results himself.  Or 2) accept his answer and do your best to cook for him the Bernstein way, but not "enforce" it strictly on him.  I would guess if your son reads the book and really understands the "why" behind Bernsteins method he may see it as a good way to go.  If he tries it for 30 days and sees he uses less insulin and feels better, that may be all it takes to put him into that way of eating on his own.

It's something you will have to decide.  How does his dad feel about it?

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline amandas5boys

• Adept
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2009, 01:36:20 PM »
His Dad thinks it is wrong and bad for him. I can't even try to restrict his carbs with out dh worrying he is not getting all that he needs. I am tyring to make our meals less carbs and fill it in with other things, but because we do eat pretty healthy dh thinks I should let him alone. With prayer and a bit of persuasion I could get him to come around. But My son Is already very small for his age so I am not even sure if I should try it. This child trust me to do what is best for him. He will humbly do what ever asked of him. I don't want to lose his trust in me and put his health at risk but I don't want to throw it out and put his health at risk. And yet let me say that the book has helped me already in other asspects. So it will take a lot of wisdom and Much prayer.

Has any one tried this with their young diabetics? Is there any testimonies that you can give me on this and how it has helped your child with diabetes?

I still would like to know if these things are for real. Is there anyone out there that has tried them and found that they do indeed have a cure for type 1? Does anyone know anyone that has been helped or cured? Has anyone read "The Fungus Link to Diabetes"?
Has anyone tried what ever Dr. Shulze says to do for healing it?

Offline hi_itsgwen

• Master
    • Gwen's Nest
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2009, 02:14:54 PM »
Try this yahoo group.  I found them with a google search.  Yahoo groups on specific conditions will give you a much broader opinion and experience base...this one is on curing type 1 diabetes:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/diabetescured/

they say: "This List is NON-COMMERCIAL, we are not selling cures, supplements or books. We are only sharing information.--We are not interested in TREATING DIABETES ( Insulin the rest of our life ..)-We want to cure it.- We want health!"

HTH.

Oh, and a comment about the book thing.  It's a nice idea that Dr.'s should offer cures for free online, but they are also entitled to make a living off of their research.  It's up to you to determine if the research is something you want to implement for your family or not. 
Personally, I love books, as the information is always at my fingertips...the web is not always available.

Maybe you could check out the book from your local library, ask for reviews on a group who have experience with type 1 diabetes with a focus on curing it, and check out the reviews on Amazon. 
Come see me at www.gwens-nest.com
♥ Check out our family favorite recipes, funny kid stories, natural remedies and other creative and fun stuff.

Offline amandas5boys

• Adept
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2009, 02:05:50 PM »
Hey look I understand that they need to make a living. I just get upset about buying a book that is for "Diabetes" hoping to help my son, and then realize it is for type 2 instead of type 1.

For the book "The Fungus Link to Diabetes" I do want to clarify that If you go to the purchase online button you will find this: "Every year, millions of people with weight problems develop diabetes,” Kaufmann, says, “but millions more with the same problems do not. We felt it was time to stop blaming ‘genetics’ as the deciding factor, and time to find some real answers. It turns out that, to prevent or reverse the course of diabetes, it’s more what we eat, and less how much we eat, that we need to worry about..."

So it looks to me that it is indeed another book for type 2 and not type 1.

Thank you for the link I did find something on there about ceder berries. He was saying that is healed the pancreas of a man. Now just trying to find out if it heals the pancreas of a type 1 or type 2.

Thank you for all of your help.
Amanda

Offline rockclimber

• Learning
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2009, 07:43:12 PM »
Does anyone know anyone personally cured of type 1 diabetes? 
I don't know anyone personally, but I personally talked with a lady who has personally helped a handful of kids with type 1 diabetes (acutally, I don't know how many, it could be more than that).  She recommends (pretty much exclusively) Young Living Products and Essentail Oils for a LOT of health issues because they really support the body and help the body to heal itself (along with healthy living - eating well and reducing toxins in our lives).  Her own personal story with Young Living Essentai Oils is also pretty amazing, but I won't go into that now.  ANyway, most of the kids with type 1 don't have diabetes any more.  It's not completely resolved for the one kid that had it the longest (more than 10 years if I remember right), but it has been resolved for the other kids.

Here's what has worked for others (all of the products mentioned are Young Living products):
*6oz Ningxia Red a day
*lots of good quality, filtered water (half body weight in oz. +20oz)
*Coriander essentail oil, Dill EO, Fennel EO, Thieves EO blend.  7 drops of each of those EOs 3 times a day in Young Living's agave nectar
*MultiGreens
*Mineral Essence

To see it work, she said that you can put each of those EOs on the feet and drink 1 oz of Ningxia Red and the blood sugar should decrease in 10 minutes (test before and after).

Let me know if you want more info.  Also, I highly, highly, highly recommend only using essential oils from a trusted source, especially if you're looking for therapuetic effects - which is why she only uses Young Living.  Also, you wouldn't want to take other brands of EOs internally since, right on the bottle, it reads "external use only" or "aromatherapy use only."  Young Living, on the other hand, has a dietary supplement label on the bottle of EOs that can be taken internally.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 08:28:13 PM by rockclimber »

Offline BJ_BOBBI_JO

• Guru
  • I SEE YOU
    • BJ_BOBBI_JO blog
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2009, 05:09:41 AM »
ANyway, most of the kids with type 1 don't have diabetes any more.  It's not completely resolved for the one kid that had it the longest (more than 10 years if I remember right), but it has been resolved for the other kids.

Whenever I hear about people becoming healed of their diabetes I always wonder if they are truly 100% healed and all their beta cells now produce insulin at a proper rate or is their diabetes just in remission because of the extremely healthy way they are eating and because of suppliments?

Also I wonder if they were to go off their supplements or if they were to have a slice of birthday cake would their diabetes suddenly come back? Because to me if they are truly 100% healed it would not come back just because they stopped taking supplements and had a piece of cake. Anyone have any experience with all that?

I really belive in using natural means but I also cant afford them, not in the amounts that it would take to help an extremely insulin resistant brittle double diabetic just as myself. It seems to be there has got to be a way, some kind of wild growing plant God made where we can make use of it for diabetes.

Any natural means would have to:
- revive my dead beta cells.
- cause all my trillions of body cells to stop denying insulin
- to make my other pancreatic hormones work again such as amylin(spell)
- to make my blood sugars not go nuts just because I sleep, dream, do housework, get happy, get sad and anyother reason.

I do believe in miracles. I do think there has got to be a plant out there that God made that can greatly help diabetics like me but where is it? What is it?

Before my pregnancy attacked my pancreas and made my diabetes much worse off supplements helped me like chromium GTF  and other stuff. Now it seems nothing helps me long term. Although wild carrot flowers did help. But sadly nothing helps for long. Not even ultra low carbing anymore.

Exersizing sometimes help lower my sugars and sometimes it makes them higher.

I am to the point to where I even have to bolus insulin just to eat boiled eggs.

I just kind of give up and live with it at this point. Im even willing to be a geeny pig test subject for scientist if I could be. Anything to find some answers. But life goes on and live I must do until God takes me out of this earth.

Offline lovingmomof2

• Adept
« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2009, 02:28:24 AM »
ANyway, most of the kids with type 1 don't have diabetes any more.  It's not completely resolved for the one kid that had it the longest (more than 10 years if I remember right), but it has been resolved for the other kids.

Whenever I hear about people becoming healed of their diabetes I always wonder if they are truly 100% healed and all their beta cells now produce insulin at a proper rate or is their diabetes just in remission because of the extremely healthy way they are eating and because of suppliments?

Also I wonder if they were to go off their supplements or if they were to have a slice of birthday cake would their diabetes suddenly come back? Because to me if they are truly 100% healed it would not come back just because they stopped taking supplements and had a piece of cake. Anyone have any experience with all that?

I really belive in using natural means but I also cant afford them, not in the amounts that it would take to help an extremely insulin resistant brittle double diabetic just as myself. It seems to be there has got to be a way, some kind of wild growing plant God made where we can make use of it for diabetes.

Any natural means would have to:
- revive my dead beta cells.
- cause all my trillions of body cells to stop denying insulin
- to make my other pancreatic hormones work again such as amylin(spell)
- to make my blood sugars not go nuts just because I sleep, dream, do housework, get happy, get sad and anyother reason.

I do believe in miracles. I do think there has got to be a plant out there that God made that can greatly help diabetics like me but where is it? What is it?

Before my pregnancy attacked my pancreas and made my diabetes much worse off supplements helped me like chromium GTF  and other stuff. Now it seems nothing helps me long term. Although wild carrot flowers did help. But sadly nothing helps for long. Not even ultra low carbing anymore.

Exersizing sometimes help lower my sugars and sometimes it makes them higher.

I am to the point to where I even have to bolus insulin just to eat boiled eggs.

I just kind of give up and live with it at this point. Im even willing to be a geeny pig test subject for scientist if I could be. Anything to find some answers. But life goes on and live I must do until God takes me out of this earth.

I am sorry you are have such a frustrating time with you blood sugars.  I know what that is like, although I don't think I am quite that bad off yet.  I do have a tough time getting everything under tight control and taking care of my family all at the same time.  I am not sure if you have noticed if it makes a difference, but I have been told to never exercise if my blood sugar is above 200.  I can't remember the science explanation, but for whatever reason if you have high blood sugar and exercise it will go higher. :-\
Proverbs 31:26
"She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness."

Offline amandas5boys

• Adept
« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2009, 05:40:53 PM »

Yes Rockclimber,

Please inform us. If they go off of their diet and quit using their supplements are they back to being a diabetic? Also could you get this lady to help us out? I would like to hear more of this as I also have a nephew that is having problems with his diabetes.  I agree with BJ It is very expensive to buy all of these things that don't end up working. As I was saying with the book thing. We have families to take care of. As well as using the Lords money wisely. We would love all of the information you can give us on this.

Thanks to you,
Amanda

Hey what did they do with our spell check thing??? I sure do need it. :P ; :D

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2009, 08:10:30 PM »
I have read the The Fungus Link to Diabetes. Actually my copy is the old title Infectious diabetes- the title has changed since then but I'm pretty sure it's the same book. Also Doug Kaufmann DOES explain the basics of what his books say on his TV program so you can get the basic info w/out buying the book. What the book does is expand the info more & give the documentation.

What he explains in the book is that when researchers want to study diabetes they have to CAUSE the mice to develop diabetes b/c normally it's not a disease that mice get. The way they do this is by injecting the mice with a fungus & after a while 100% of the mice become diabetic. Fungus of any kind puts out mycotoxins. Mycotoxin means a TOXIN produced by mold or fungus. While the fungus grows in the body it puts out mycotoxins & the end result is that the toxin(s) damages the pancreas causing diabetes.

His explains that funguses, mold & mycotoxins are in our food, (esp grains, peanuts, etc) environment, homes, etc & he believes that mycotoxins are causing diabetes. Also he documents that all of the side effects of & complications from diabetes are either the result of the fungus growing in the body or the damage done by mycotoxins. For example, much of the nerve damage seen in diabetics is also seen in heavy drinkers. (alcohol itself is 100% mycotoxin) 

When he talks about diet he's NOT just talking about type 2 diabetes. He's talking about avoiding mycotoxins in foods & preventing/treating with an anti-fungal diet that avoids foods that feed fungus &/or are often contaminated with mold, fungus & mycotoxins.

Even the ess oils used by the the woman rockclimber posted about are all strong anti-fungals.

From Patti's description of Dr. Bernstein's plan it sounds similar to Doug Kaufmann's & is still an anti-fungal diet even if he doesn't call it that.

Actually, I do recommend all of Doug Kaufmann's books. His theories & logic make sense & they esp make a lot more sense than most of the theories that trad medicine are spouting.

Once you read them & realize just how many illnesses can be caused by yeast/fungus/mold/mycotoxins you start reading that this or that food/drug/tratment/ess oil, etc helps with this or that & you realize that whatever it is that's helping is an anti-fungal as it's basic action or one of it's actions & the light bulb comes on. It's really amazing & fascinating once you learn more about it.   

HTH Blessings ~herbalmom

Offline amandas5boys

• Adept
« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2009, 01:39:32 AM »
Thank you HerbalMom,

Now we are getting some where. Okay starting to make more sense. I wonder if they can test for these fungus. And I wonder how long is to long to wait. Such as My son has had is 7 years. This also makes me think of DR. B's book saying to  check for the c-peptides. Wonder if I can get the dr. to cooperate?? :-\ To see if there is anything left to his pancreas.

This is a great blessing to me thank you very much ladies for all of your help. Please keep it coming if you have more.

We are still doing research on the Dr. B's diet and dh has even started reading the book and checking things with the Bible. Dr. B seems to be an evolutionist so having God's view will help as well.

Thank you
Amanda

Offline InEverything

• Adept
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2009, 08:53:52 AM »
This is all very interesting.  I am watching this thread to see what you all are discovering.

Mykidsmom, Patti, has been helping me with my son's symptoms and the latest thing we have done is the stool test.  We should get the results back in a few days.  This may tell me what kinds of things are in his gut.  We travel to Mexico a lot and maybe he picked up something there.

I have been using Young Living's Clarity oil on my son's back.  I can't afford to buy more now but Endoflex was recommended by my friend.  She says to put it over the adrenals to help the pancreas.  I have also been giving my son dillweed,  he has always loved dill since he was little. It is supposed to help the pancreas.

The reason I am still focusing on the pancreas is because I want to cover all angles until we solve the problem. He has started wetting his pants the last couple of days, he also has headaches now in the afternoons.  My next appt is set for Thursday.

So, I am really interested to hear more about the "fungus" link.  Keep up the good research!
"in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thes. 5:18

Offline rockclimber

• Learning
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2009, 11:22:27 AM »
I’d agree that it’s all very fascinating.  I haven’t had to deal with diabetes in any family members, and I don’t know anything about it outside of what I’ve read recently, but it’s very interesting.

Herbalmom, you’re right, some of the essential  oils are antifungal, but I looked up the list of Essential oils to see why they were used for diabetes, and most actually aren’t antifungal (from the info I read).  3 of the 5 EOs in Thieves blend are, but the coriander, dill, and fennel aren’t, and they are described as antidiabetic, pancreatic stimulant, insulin/blood sugar regulator.  Coriander has been researched for its effects in strengthening the pancreas, and “has been researched at Cairo University for its effects in lowering glucose and insulin levels and supporting pancreatic function.”

BJ Bobbi Jo, that is a really great question about having to stay on the supplements.  I’m not sure of the answer, but I’ll try to find out - I’d love to know also.  I don’t know if I have a way of contacting the lady that told me about the diabetes – I’ll see if I can.  I only have a video of a presentation she gave, so I’ll look over that again to see if she says any more about that.  Also, this is more about Type II, but I’ll put it here anyway.  There is some interesting info in a book called “Inner Transformations Using Essential Oils.” It’s basically all about cleansing – colon, then kidney, then liver.  In the book, Dr. LeAnne Deardeuff  gives detailed instructions on her recommendations for cleansing.  She suggests colon cleanse first, then kidney, then the master cleanse, then a liver cleanse (and yeast and parasite cleanses in there too).  In here chiropractic practice, she has helped thousands of people and always suggests a colon cleanse and a liver cleanse.  She has put people on lots of different cleanses and prefers the Young Living cleanses.  Anyway, enough background, here is a quote from her book, “A key element for treating Type II diabetes is to clean up and rejuvenate the insulin receptor sites.  I have seen reversals of diabetes II by people who do a colon cleanse, a Master Cleanse and then a liver cleanse.  The Master Cleanse does a fantastic job of cleaning insulin receptor sites.”  She also says that if you do the Master Cleanse and have Type II diabetes, you should substitute molasses for the maple syrup since molasses doesn’t enter the blood stream as rapidly.  “Purification oil blend from Young Living taken by mouth also cleans up receptor sites.”  She also talks about the importance of the liver in handling sugar – suggesting Ningxia Red for the liver or Coriander EO under the tongue if blood sugar is too high, “one drop a minute until it comes down.”  She also suggests enzymes while cleansing – enzyme formula designed to digest carbohydrates and sugars specifically, and depending on the situation, possibly enzymes to help digest fats and enzymes for proteins.  That’s most, but not all, of what she says about diabetes in the book.  I’m sure you’d have to be well informed doing a cleanse, especially the Master Cleanse, as a diabetic.  I highly suggest Dr. LeAnne Deardeuff’s book – lots of great info on lots of subjects about cleansing, and lots of really inspiring stories from people she’s worked with.  Also, she has a few websites, and I know you can find her on Facebook.

I’ll try to get back about staying on the supplements.
Kassia

Offline InEverything

• Adept
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2009, 09:03:19 PM »
This book  The pH Miracle for Diabetes : The Revolutionary Diet Plan for Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetics by Robert O. Young, PhD.

was recommended on this page http://www.cancertutor.com/Diabetes/Diabetes_Type_I.htm

The article is interesting and seems to fit into what has been discussed on here recently
"in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thes. 5:18

Offline amandas5boys

• Adept
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2009, 07:48:07 PM »
I wish I would have known some of those things when my son was first diagnosed. We did stop the milk but was not told to take him off of dairy completely. We gave him the niacinamide but not sure about the vit. e. I remember the niacinamide so well because we over dosed him on it. We actually did what a natural Dr. told us to do. So we got scared and quite it. He started feeling like he had a sunburn and said mom "I need to get out of the sun. The sun is burning me." Only thing was that he was inside and the sun was not out.

Offline DHW

• Adept
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2009, 01:37:17 PM »
You might get some answers with the Life Extension Foundation Weight Loss Panel: www.lef.org/bloodfat.

It is on sale through June 15, 09, order now, have your blood drawn at your convenience.

I will summarize the articles in the June 09 issue of Life Extension on weight loss and abdominal obesity when I get a few minutes.  I think a lot of their observations and recommendations would apply to diabetes I and II.

Also, Robert J. Rowen (www.secondopinionnewsletter.com) recommends the 80-10-10 diet for controlling diabetes and metabolic syndrome.

Dr. Douglas Graham has written a book called The 80-10-10 Diet which emphasizes a dietary content of 80% simple carbohydrates from fruit and vegetables, 10% comes from protein and 10% fat.   Raw foods are a key component.

Dr. Rowen says he has seen vast improvements in health and fitness for many people, including diabetics, as well as his own health.  He prefers the 80-10-10 diet to the metabolic typing diet.

Also, I saw a brief reference (somewhere) to IV of cayenne extract (?) to restore insulin production to Type I's.  Anyone seen or heard of this?

Offline InEverything

• Adept
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2009, 01:14:27 PM »
I finally purchased a meter, "free" with rebates.  Many people suggested I do this as my son is still very symptomatic of developing diabetes.
We have ruled out allergies and parasites.
Well, I just did a test.  He drank a bottle of juice and I tested him after.  His reading after 30 minutes was 149.  I didn't even wait an hour because he was so emotional and his stomach hurt. I figured I would test him when his symptoms were obvious.
I know this is not very high, but what does this number mean to you ladies?
The time we did the Oral Glucose Tolerance test his reading wasn't higher than 87.  Should I even report this latest number to our doctor?
Thank you

Offline amandas5boys

• Adept
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2009, 02:11:21 PM »
Average numbers are supposed to be between 80-120. So after a meal they should not really go over 120.  149 is high but not real high. Not sure if it is anything to be worried about except that he is not feeling well when they get high like that. Did you just give him juice or was there something to eat with it? Try it on yourself to just have a bottle of juice and see what it does to your sugars. Juice will give a quick high and then a low afterwards that makes you feel sick even if you are not a diabetic. So it could just be that. If you would like to check to see if his sugars are normal I suggest giving him some crackers and peanut butter or some such. Maybe even a half of a sandwich or just check them thirty min. after a regular meal and then thirty min. after that to see what is going on. Please let us know how his sugars are when you try this.   

To be honest just a bottle of juice is a lot of sugar for anyone.

Offline InEverything

• Adept
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2009, 05:15:13 PM »

To be honest just a bottle of juice is a lot of sugar for anyone.

You are very right.  I am hypoglycemic and a bottle of juice by itself would send me very low fast.   I can just feel it.   I probably won't test myself now, however, because my meter only came with ten strips.

I think I will save those strips to do more testing on my son later.  After a regular meal or if I notice worse symptoms.
Thanks.

Offline lovingmomof2

• Adept
« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2009, 03:27:35 AM »
Has anyone heard/read anything about using gymnema extract to help control type 1 diabetes?  I have read that a controlled study of type 1 diabetics were supplemented gymnema extract and found a decreased need for insulin and improved blood sugar control.  I haven't been able to find much more information than that which was stated in the study.  Apparently this extract has been used for a long time in diabetes support.
Proverbs 31:26
"She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness."

Offline Gigi

• Master
« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2009, 04:42:33 AM »
 His reading after 30 minutes was 149.  

In Everything,

The normal sugar range of 70-120 applies to sugars that are tested: in a fasting state and 2 hours or longer after eating.  Not 30 minutes after eating - it is just too soon.

Normal folks have "high" numbers (above 120) 30 minutes and 1 hour after eating.  But, by two hours post meal, the body's natural mechanisms should have brought the number back to the normal range.  The point is that a normal person doesn't ever endure highs for any extended periods. 

A blood sugar reading of 149, 30 minutes after juice seems fine to me.  If his sugars were 149 at the two hour point, than it would be a more powerful indicator.

If I were you, I would not bother any blood sugar checking unless it is:  a fasting sugar check (in the morning before he gets out of bed), a 2 hour post-meal check, or a pre-meal check (assuming it has been over two hours since the last meal.)  Those are the instances that will provide you with the most accurate information about how his body is dealing with sugar.

I agree with amandas5boys, a glass of juice is a lot of sugar for anyone!

Just my opinions.  Hope it helps.

Offline InEverything

• Adept
« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2009, 05:10:53 AM »
I will follow your suggestions and just do more waiting.  We have been doing a lot of that.  Then I get an idea and get some hope for an answer.
There were some other moms who suggested the bottle of juice and checking at  30, 60, 90, etc.

I will just wait and pray!

Offline amandas5boys

• Adept
« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2009, 07:55:20 PM »
Ineverything,

I thought I would check all of my family's sugars today thirty min. after our meal and this is what we came up with.

Diabetic son  289
Non diabetic dh 160
10 yr. ds     79.2
ds #3      84
ds #4      91.8
ds #5      118
and me    120

Just to show that we all have a bit of difference in our sugars and that 149 is a good reading after having a bottle of juice as we had a meal.

Now this makes me wonder about Dr. B wanting to keep levels at 83 all of the time. Maybe I am reading him wrong. I will check up on that again but I am sure that is what he was trying to accomplish. Which is strange to me because not even non diabetics stay in such a range. I'm I thinking wrong here?

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #87 on: June 12, 2009, 04:35:16 AM »

Now this makes me wonder about Dr. B wanting to keep levels at 83 all of the time. Maybe I am reading him wrong. I will check up on that again but I am sure that is what he was trying to accomplish. Which is strange to me because not even non diabetics stay in such a range. I'm I thinking wrong here?

Amandasboys,

Dr. Bernstein's point in keeping blood sugars at 83 is that what a person eats should be so well balanced that even their immediate after meal sugars shouldn't rise.  That is a TIGHT blood sugar to maintain and I would think that someone would have to come up with an exact diet of what they could and couldn't eat together in order to maintain that.  Dr. B was able to come up with that for himself but I'm not sure how many people could do that.  So while I completely agree with most of Dr. B's stuff, I would say that just keeping things as tight as one possibly can and making sure you don't spike after meals is probably more important.  His goal is to keep the blood sugar constant.  So if you keep it mainly at 90 or 95, then keep it there all the time.  It's the lofty ups and downs that cause the damage. 

hth

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline InEverything

• Adept
« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2009, 10:56:16 AM »
Ineverything,

I thought I would check all of my family's sugars today thirty min. after our meal and this is what we came up with.

Diabetic son  289
Non diabetic dh 160
10 yr. ds     79.2
ds #3      84
ds #4      91.8
ds #5      118
and me    120

Just to show that we all have a bit of difference in our sugars and that 149 is a good reading after having a bottle of juice as we had a meal.

Thank you for running that "experiment" for me.  I know that I would be doing a lot more experimenting if I had more strips.  If my son is still dealing with this next month I think I will buy more stips.  I did test his fasting morning level before he got out of bed, it was 90.

I also wanted to add that he had half of a biscuit with his half bottle of juice that day. I know that is lot of carbs.  Maybe in a week or so I will test him two hours after a normal meal.

There is a lady whose daughter experienced these symptoms for seven months and also had negative tests for diabetes during that time.  That is why I am keeping up the vigilance.  Until I get an answer on what my son has I want to watch him carefully.  

Thanks for thinking of us! :)

Offline InEverything

• Adept
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2009, 03:32:02 AM »
Well, we are still "lurking" around as our problem has not gone away.  He has actually had a few intermittent days recently where he was not urinating frequently at all.  It was so exciting.  Unfortunately there are still days where he urinates a lot.

His bladder/ kidney ultrasound was all okay so we can rule that out.

The reason I am writing today is that last week he had small ketones in his urine.  He had a whole day of totally normal urination.  At the end of the day he was sitting a few feet from me and I smelled the strong odor on his breath.  He has it every once in awhile.  So I tested his urine and there were small ketones.  He had no other indication of illness (except all the symptoms we are already dealing with).  I know this could indicate many things like hyperthyroid, allergies, etc.  We are not restricting carbs at all.

Another interesting thing is that he has eaten his dill plant down to the stubs.  I buy him extra dill at the store.  So in the last week he has had a lot of dill!  He fell in love with dill several years ago.
I have read that dill really helps the pancreas. People who apply dill oil during the day see lower glucose levels (supposedly)

Just another hypothesis/ observation.

(Patti, I have not forgotten about checking into allergies further.  We have just been working to eliminate other possibilities)