Author Topic: What do you think about Colon Cleanses?  (Read 6654 times)

Offline herbalallie

• Learning
What do you think about Colon Cleanses?
« on: February 09, 2010, 04:16:02 PM »
Well, my husband and I differ in our thoughts about colon cleanses. He thinks passing all that gross stuff is a sham, I think it might be so.

So... what do you think?

And if you do cleanses, do you use a purchased cleanse, or do you make your own? A friend of mine had a recipe and it got misplaced before I could get it from her. I'm willing to try it. :) She said it worked for her. And knows people that other body cleanses worked very well for.

Offline herbalallie

• Learning
Re: What do you think about Colon Cleanses?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 04:26:20 PM »
I guess I should have added that we know a larger person who has been doing this for several months and she has lost quite a bit of weight. I wouldn't mind losing weight, but I don't know what to think about it.

Offline seekingtruth

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 06:11:56 PM »
Personally I think they are essential.  You must clean your bodies elimination organs (colon, liver, kidneys, and skin) in order for them to continue working properly.  That is how our body rids itself of all the toxins it is exposed to.   It is like doing maintenance on your car.  If you don't things wear out , clogged up and break down faster.

The leading cancer in America is colon cancer.  You should have at least one very good bowel movement everyday!  One after each meal is even better.  Most Americans are extremely constipated!  As in one bowel movement a week and even as infrequently as one a month!

If you search around you will find a lot of information on here.  I personally like Dr.Schulzes formulas.  You can get directions on how to make them yourself or you can buy them.

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 05:10:57 AM »
I think many colon cleanses on the market are worthless. I personally think the the Dr. Schulze or Detox+ are some of the best because they incorporate more than just massive amounts of fiber. I am sure there may be other good ones out there. You can mix your own following the formulas if you prefer.

MOST cultures had seasonal herbs and foods that worked as colon cleanses,  ;D most of which tend to frighten the average American.

If someone has regular bowel habits, a cleanse with it's extra fiber may just be making bulky stools. If though, there is any little health complaints... gas, body odor, bad breath, headaches, heartburn, rashes, dry skin....let alone major complaints that take you to a doctor the place to start is in the digestive system! So much of the body's function- from brain/emotions to the  immune system originate in the GI tract. Amazing!

Offline morningglory

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 05:17:06 AM »
My husband, mom, dad, and I have all used Dr Natura's Colonix with very good success.  It is pricey, and I'm sure there are other good alternatives, but it absolutely did work, and removed parasites, mucoid plaque, and unnamed garbage.  I was chronically constipated up to doing the cleanse.  I know it wasn't just bulking up stools, because after a time of cleansing, I didn't see the creepy stuff any more.  My husband only did it for one month, and was cleaned out, I did it for four months before I stopped seeing plaque.  My mom used it after a colonoscopy, and removed plaque that the colonoscopy left behind.  Scary.

Offline herbalallie

• Learning
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 02:29:54 PM »
Do you know of any sites with good recipes to make your own? Or a recipe that works for you personally?

We have an extremely tight budget at this time, so purchasing one isn't really feasible, but I would really like to try this. :) I have for several months, but just wasn't sure about it. But being at the same weight for about 10 years (between pregnancies) and really not changing, I'd like to see if I'm stopped up or something and if that will affect anything.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 05:44:52 AM »
http://bulkherbstore.blogspot.com/2009/11/dermographism-what-on-earth-is-that.html

if not for Dr. Schulze and Detox + I'd still be suffering an 'incurable disease'.

i just talked my mom into doing this cleanse.  she has fibromyalgia.  here's hoping.  :)

My favorite herb book!!

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 07:08:18 AM »
Herbalallie, The Detox+ from the BulkHerbStore is about as cheap as you can mix it unless you need a whole lot for a family, as many of the ingredients can only be sourced in bulk amounts. I mixed my own formula#1. You will need to be prepared with something to keep the #2 moving if the body doesn't keep it moving with extra fluids and fiber.

Here's the site with Dr. Shulze formulas http://healingtools.tripod.com/thn8.html#ech Intestinal formulas are in the middle of the page, you'll have to scroll down to see them.

Offline herbalallie

• Learning
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 05:25:50 PM »
Thanks everybody! :)

Offline Redheadedmama

• Learning
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 06:38:59 PM »
Maybe I can get Dr Suhulze's formulas on ebay cheaper? I did the bulk herb store dextox1 last year. I want to do this before a valentine's day trip next year. I'm scared to do the Dr Suhulze's and have a allergic reaction to it.

Offline Redheadedmama

• Learning
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 02:28:01 AM »
I'm looking at the Dr Natura's Colonix site , I'm going to save up and get this eventually. I'm going on a cruise next year with my hubby and family and I want to be well and healthy and not get sick on the boat. Going to make tintures too and get everyone to take it.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 02:25:44 AM »
I'm looking at the Dr Natura's Colonix site , I'm going to save up and get this eventually. I'm going on a cruise next year with my hubby and family and I want to be well and healthy and not get sick on the boat. Going to make tintures too and get everyone to take it.

http://welltellme.com/discuss/index.php?topic=2886.0
  My favorite herb book!!