Author Topic: Diaper Covers  (Read 23247 times)

Offline born-an-okie

• Adept
Re: Diaper Covers
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2009, 12:11:02 PM »
You could buy some fold over elastic to sew around those areas.  If there is already elastic there then it might be too much though.  A picture might help.  You might try them and see if they leak, it may be that they fit tight enough to not leak.  ???

Offline LavenderMom

• Learning
    • From Fields and Gardens
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2009, 09:05:50 AM »
Hey, I am actually giving away a $20 gift certificate towards cloth diapers and covers on my blog right now.  I use all kinds of cloth diapers and covers based on what is most economical...how much more economical can you get than free?  The gift certificate is for a little shop I found on Etsy.  I love the diapers and the wool covers.  Barely anybody has entered yet so you have a great chance of winning.  www.farmsteadorganics.blogspot.com 

Offline AnnaBanana

• AnnaBanana
  • Adept
  • Aloha ke Akua!
    • Lilia Designs & YINIA!
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2009, 07:18:39 PM »
I have two favorite covers.  For a pull on, I am hooked on SweetKnits' beautiful knitted soakers.  For a standard snap on cover, I love my own design.  For obvious reasons, right?  I mean, I made it exactly to my preferences!  LOLOL!!!
Ones I dislike are any covers with velcro, and I don't like Dappis because of the silly netting inside.

Offline thanksmama

• Wide Eyed
  • Thanks Mama Cloth Diaper Store
    • Cloth Diaper Store
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2009, 07:46:17 PM »
I would suggest to Proraps diaper covers.They are inexpensive and durable.
Find them at www.thanksmama.com. They have the best prices here http://www.thanksmama.com/Prorap_Classic_Diaper_Covers_p/pro-001.htm
Cloth Diapering is easy with help www.thanksmama.com

Offline born-an-okie

• Adept
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2010, 03:59:24 PM »
Do any of you that crochet or knit your own diaper covers ever use combination wool and bamboo yarn, or just 100% wool.  I know that the bamboo/wool yarn is fairly new, but bamboo has many of the same properties that wool has.  Would it keep a wool cover from shrinking/felting?  Are there any drawbacks to using this particular combination of wool?  I am a fairly new crocheter, so I don't really know and I want to make my own wool covers.  I am concerned that 100% wool would end up being felted since I am not always the one doing the laundry!

Offline bettarcamping

• Learning
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2010, 11:11:30 AM »
I have never used that kind of yarn so I can't say for certain, but bamboo is super absorbant, that's why it makes great diapers. I wouldn't think it would make a great cover, even if you lanolized it well. It is possible that it could stop the wool from felting much, but I can't be certain on that either. If you can't find someone else who has used I'd say the best thing would be to crochet a small square (but not too small!) lanolize and test it. See if it wicks any water...and then get real rough with it and see if it felts.  I know there are people who have used superwash wool and it's worked well, but need a lot of lanolin. You might try making some fleece covers if you sew. You can find some info on the web by searching it. There is an excellent yahoo group called wool_soaker_group that has tons of info about knitting/crocheting covers and what different yarns have worked and what haven't. It'd be a great place to start :)
Wife to the worlds bestest husband and Momma to the sweetest little girl who will be a big sister this summer!