Author Topic: Coffe Butter  (Read 2858 times)

Offline lovingmomof2

• Adept
Coffe Butter
« on: January 19, 2010, 06:07:57 AM »
Has anyone tried coffee butter?  A friend gave me some and I love it.  It can be used as a handcream, lip balm and more.  It is also called for in some home made  beauty recipes.  My favorite use is to put in under my eyes to get rid of those dark circles.  Does anyone know how to make it from home?  The one I have is 100% coffee butter.  I would love to make it if I can, it is a little pricey to purchase.
Proverbs 31:26
"She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness."

Offline Gigi

• Master
Re: Coffe Butter
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 08:23:09 AM »
I have used some of this - smells great!

Unfortunately, unlike other "butters" (shea, cocoa, etc.) coffee butter is not 100% from coffee.  

It is 100% coffee butter, which is coffee seed oil blended with hydrogenated vegetable oil.  ("vegetable oil" being more than likely soybean oil)

I found those facts to be a bit disappointing as I'm not interested in rubbing myself with hydrogenated vegetable oils.   :P  But, I'm a bit of a weirdo, so maybe it's just me!

Maybe you have some from a source that claims otherwise?

I have seen 100% coffee oil available which appears to be cold pressed and such - this seems like a better option, in my book.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 08:29:23 AM by Gigi »

Offline hi_itsgwen

• Master
    • Gwen's Nest
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 02:08:19 PM »
oh...how good would coffee oil blended with cocoa butter smell.  :o
Come see me at www.gwens-nest.com
♥ Check out our family favorite recipes, funny kid stories, natural remedies and other creative and fun stuff.

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 02:08:48 PM »
do you think a person could infuse coffee beans with some good oil?   I know it wouldn't be the same but would it be beneficial?  It would probably smell wonderful.
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side