Author Topic: Fast-Five Diet: FAQs  (Read 46637 times)

Offline Marisa

• Adept
Re: Fast-Five Diet: FAQs
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2010, 11:42:07 AM »
Really like this diet. Just wondering if you all think it could slow down one's metabolism, or impair one's thyroid? Due to the fact that it's hard to get enough calories in because you're just not hungry. That's the only thing scaring me about continuing long term.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2010, 05:59:22 PM »
Really like this diet. Just wondering if you all think it could slow down one's metabolism, or impair one's thyroid? Due to the fact that it's hard to get enough calories in because you're just not hungry. That's the only thing scaring me about continuing long term.
well, it's been a month for me and i still have my appetite.  don't know if that means much.  i'm not obsessed with food like i was a couple of weeks ago, but i still have strong hunger pangs off and on throughout the day...mostly before coffee in the morning and about an hour before i eat.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2010, 08:12:34 AM »
This thread has the potential to really GROW   :o  like the thread we had..way back when..on the Master Cleanse, so I decided to get a jump on it and split it into two threads.

Fast-Five Diet:  FAQs
~this thread is for questions about the plan, the book, getting started, etc.  i ask that you keep the posts on this thread more concise and 'clinical' for easy research for those getting started.

Fast-Five Diet:  Updates, Encouragement & General Chat
~this thread is for posts to let us know you're still going, you gave up and why, or just to let us know that you've decided to join the bandwagon.  i will allow a greater amount of latitude for the sake of encouragement.  it's always easier to take challenges with a friend or two.   ;D  i only ask that if you have specific questions that might later be needed for reference, you hop back over to this thread and post/ask/answer them here.

those of you who had notifications set for the original thread (Fast-Five Diet:  FAQs), may need to add a new notification for the new thread (Fast-Five Diet:  Updates, Encouragement & General Chat)

enjoy!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 08:18:05 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Simply Kristen

• My weekly podcast that explores all aspects of healthy living.
  • Master
    • SimplyKristen Blog
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2010, 02:16:04 PM »
Has anyone done this diet while nursing?
I have 15 pounds to lose, but I have a 2 month old that nurses often.

Any experience on this? Is it recommended?
Check out my Blog and Weekly Podcast at http://www.simplykristen.com

Offline AndysJess

• Adept
  • blessed to be my husband's wife
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2010, 06:13:16 AM »
Has anyone done this diet while nursing?
I have 15 pounds to lose, but I have a 2 month old that nurses often.

Any experience on this? Is it recommended?

My first inclination would be to say no, but I would like to hear others' opinions.  I'm due to have my 5th baby in the next 8 weeks or so and would love to drop weight quickly.
Helpmeet to Andy for over 10 years.  Mama to Drew, Dylan, Cullen & Avery...new baby due in May 2010

Offline motherhen7

• Learning
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2010, 05:27:39 PM »
Just wondered how you guys were going with the Fast-five diet who started back a couple of months ago?

Also I couldn't manage to open the E-book link that was posted earlier on in this thread.  If anyone has a downloaded copy of it and would like to PM me or email, that would be great.

I used to eat this way before I got fat, but the other way around.  Eat like a horse pretty much non-stop from Breakfast until lunch time then nothing much at all, maybe PB sandwich after school and I was very fit, strong and skinny.  I ate all my friends school lunches as well, non of them could understand how I never got fat with the amount of food I ate all day and during class when the teacher's back was turned ;-)   Mum couldn't understand how I didn't need dinner  (she had no idea how much food I ate a day.)  Sometimes she made me eat at least the veggies ;-)
  I boarded with a family when I was 18, when my family moved O/S for 18 months to complete my course.   The family I boarded with insisted I eat dinner with them like a real family- that was my undoing!  Because I still kept eating the same amount all day long, then had to have her rich and delicious meals including a dessert every night.   I have been eating 3-6 meals a day (nothing huge either) ever since (I'm 39 now)   I do have blood-sugar issues and cortisol increases with lack of sleep or too many carbs.  Uggh!  Has anyone noticed that eating this way has resolved any of those issues if you were like me?  I have low-carbed and that works well for, but hard to maintain if the budget restricts at all and making separate meals for everyone in a large family can make it less doable.  Anyway, I have lost lots of post baby weight, and am currently pregnant, but I wonder if it would hurt to still eat plenty of calories but shift them to a window like this?  I thought perhaps I could modify it with protein meals like eggs and chicken salad without afffecting the blood sugar, leptin and insulin connection.  I actually think I am insulin resistant anyway.  I don't want to gain as much as I usually do, need to keep my BP down  .

ANy thoughts?

Thanks.

Offline DHW

• Adept
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2012, 04:23:27 PM »
The Leptin Reset is kind of the opposite approach: huge breakfast of fat and protein, then less and less food as the day progresses.  Other than breakfast, skip meals if you are not hungry.  The last meal of the day should be 4 hours (?) before bedtime, so there is a pretty long fast between supper and breakfast.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2012, 11:14:48 AM »
Just thought I'd let everyone know.  I tried this diet again, starting 3 months ago only this time I gave up ALL calories (even cream in my coffee).  I have lost 20 lbs so far and still moving.

My favorite herb book!!

Offline tanita

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2012, 08:18:02 AM »
Healthybratt, I was wondering if you're still on this diet??
I am researching it and am curous about your results!

Offline Victoria

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2013, 11:30:34 AM »
Is it ok to do this diet while nursing?

Offline Redheadedmama

• Learning
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2013, 11:07:24 AM »
 :-* Day 4 on the fast 5 , so far so good.
      I'm going to give up creamer for my
    coffee and stick to stevia. I drink lots of water and
   I drink herbal tea. Going to weigh in Saturday morn. and see if I lost any.

Offline Redheadedmama

• Learning
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2016, 03:00:08 PM »
I wish I would have stuck to this. A friend of mine has been doing this for four years now and is still going strong! I have started again today. Going to keep up on my calendar better and write in my journal to keep up.