Author Topic: Sepsis: Causes & Treatments  (Read 2982 times)

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
Sepsis: Causes & Treatments
« on: January 30, 2010, 05:50:59 AM »
Frankincense is an unusual one that you may not be aware of. I have read about it recently and it is well suited to treating sepsis, which is a little different than  an infection in the blood or "blood poisoning". Sepsis encompasses an inflammatory response that may continue even if the bacteria, fungus, or virus is treated.

This is a new one on me.  I've read and always understood sepsis to be an infection in the blood.  With one being "septic" if that is the case.  When my dd had an infection in her blood they called it sepsis and said she was "septic."  Never heard of it referred to as an inflammation.  Had that been the case I would have treated her at home.   ???  :-\

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
Re: Sepsis: Causes & Treatments
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 06:23:03 AM »
Patti, sepsis often does include an infection in the blood, but it is more than that.  Sepsis (SIRS) may occur without an infection present.

Also, I have seen the medical professionals use the term loosely without explaining the intricacies.

Let me see what I can find as a quick reference on the topic...

Wiki has a pretty decent explanation, fairly easy reading article here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sepsis

Not finding any WTM thread...do we need one specific for the topic of sepsis?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 06:29:09 AM by boysmama »

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
Re: Sepsis: Causes & Treatments
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 07:27:50 AM »
Not finding any WTM thread...do we need one specific for the topic of sepsis?

Thanks!  And yes, I think a thread on it would be good because if there are natural ways to treat it, it would be nice to know! 

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.