Author Topic: Son can't keep anything down.  (Read 1935 times)

KD

Son can't keep anything down.
« on: October 02, 2006, 03:44:50 AM »
Please help! Whenever my son gets even a mild cold, his stomach is very sensitive to it, and he ends up throwing up. Once he does that, it doesn't stop. Everything he eats comes back up. Usually after a day. he will finally be able to keep something down and then his recovery if really quick from there, but for the next couple of days he looks weak, pale and it is dark around his eyes. Any suggestions on what to give him to calm his stomach sooner, so he doesn't always have to go through this??? I've tried different teas and tinctures that are supposed to be calming, but he can't keep those down either. Thanks!

Offline SC

• Guru
  • Ephesians 5:2
    • Lexington Slim
Re: Son can't keep anything down.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 03:54:37 AM »
KD, the symptoms you describe sound as if his body is producing a LOT of mucus during "well" days. When he becomes ill and the body's immune system really kicks in, the additional mucus may be overloading his digestive system, leading to the inability to keep down foods.

Do you notice a lot of mucus when he becomes ill?

Another thing that makes me think this is the dark circles, weakness and whiteness you describe that follows an illness. These are signs of a body lacking nutrients. An overload of mucus could prevent nutrients from being absorbed -- even if the person is taking in a balanced diet.

Another thing I would consider is that he may have a pocket or malformation somewhere in his digestive system that could contribute to him reacting so strongly to illness. This is just my initial response. I'll watch to see if you have additional input.
I'm no doctor . . .             I'm not even a Post hole Digger! ;)
See what works for me at LexingtonSlim.com

KD

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 04:06:52 AM »
SC, Yes he does have alot of mucus, that is mostly what he is throwing up. What can I do to lessen the mucus in his body?? Is it diet related??

Offline SC

• Guru
  • Ephesians 5:2
    • Lexington Slim
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 04:26:07 AM »
It is likely to be diet related. If there is a food he especially craves, that would be a red flag for me. Often these are foods to which a person is allergic. It will be a gradual process, but once you get his system settled down, you'll be able to look for ways to build his immune system to the point he may later be able to reintroduce those foods without ill effects.
I'm no doctor . . .             I'm not even a Post hole Digger! ;)
See what works for me at LexingtonSlim.com

KD

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 04:31:48 AM »
SC, Thanks for the input! I appreciate it!

Offline dara

• Master
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 06:34:28 AM »
(Cow's milk is mucus forming... I would look at that first)
"Write your hurts in the sand
and grave your blessings in stone."