Author Topic: Elderberries  (Read 66357 times)

Offline backwoodshomestead

• Wide Eyed
Re: Elderberries
« Reply #90 on: September 13, 2011, 03:00:17 PM »
I know it's been a long time since the last post, but I have been away for a really long time.  I was excited to find WTM again.
My children and I picked elderberries today,  I usually put them whole into half pint jars, fill with apple or grape juice and can it. We use it (just drink it or add it to smoothies) when someone is sick or is just starting to feel yucky, I don't like to add sugar because and sugar seems conterproductive in that case.
I also have dried ones that I use in tinctures. 
I did print off the recipe with the cinnamon cloves and honey and will make some of that. 

Offline Areza

• Wide Eyed
Re: Elderberries
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2013, 01:12:26 AM »
Well here comes the test. I started all of my children on the honey gardens elderberry. They seem to be getting so many colds recently. Even though Ive been nipping them in the bud or/and treating them pretty quickly and faithfully, I wish their Immune systems were more stronger. Hopefully by using this elderberry regularly, it willhelp boost thier immune systems.
But it may not be as effective for others because health treatment most of the time varies person to person!