Author Topic: Rice Pudding Recipes  (Read 6346 times)

Offline mommyjen

• Adept
Rice Pudding Recipes
« on: January 06, 2010, 01:30:11 PM »
Oh my, this Kozy Shack knock off recipe is sooo good!  I just made 2 gallons!  I subbed coarsely ground brown rice for the white and halved the sugar. It's a great bedtime snack and healthy dessert.

How to Make Kozy Shack Rice Pudding
http://www.ehow.com/how_4830558_kozy-shack-rice-pudding.html
Billy's wife and mom to John, Charles, Gilbert, and Lewis.

Offline healthyinOhio

• Guru
  • Happily Married for 12 years and proud mama of 2.
Re: Rice Pudding Recipes
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 04:23:25 PM »
Seriously, you made 2 GALLONS?!  Wow! lol
I love rice pudding, too. Here is my own recipe:
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,16786.msg167301.html#msg167301

Offline mommyjen

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 04:46:40 PM »
Seriously, you made 2 GALLONS?!  Wow! lol
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,16786.msg167301.html#msg167301

;D  We have a surplus (about 22 gallons) of milk right now and rice pudding is one of hubby's vices. Add in 3 boys with voracious appetites and a breasting feeding mama and it goes fast! :P  
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 05:00:09 PM by mommyjen »

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 05:14:15 PM »
Seriously, you made 2 GALLONS?!  Wow! lol

;D  We have a surplus (about 22 gallons) of milk right now and rice pudding is one of hubby's vices. Add in 3 boys with voracious appetites and a breasting feeding mama and it goes fast! :P

Besides, made with br rice & 1/2 the sugar it's got more nutrition, higher protein & less carbs than breakfast cereal.  ;D 

Guess I just gave away the fact that if I were to make it I would make it in large quantities & eat it for breakfast.  ;) ::)

We can't have it b/c of dairy allergies but if we could have it I would make it- it looks really good.

Offline mommyjen

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 05:42:26 PM »
Besides, made with br rice & 1/2 the sugar it's got more nutrition, higher protein & less carbs than breakfast cereal.  ;D  

Guess I just gave away the fact that if I were to make it I would make it in large quantities & eat it for breakfast.  ;) ::)

We can't have it b/c of dairy allergies but if we could have it I would make it- it looks really good.

Wonderful idea, herbalmom!  Breakfast is ready and waiting then.  :-*  I'm reaaaalllllyyyy enjoying this rice pudding. First, I've finally found THE recipe I've been looking for.  But, I should get my allergy test results soon, and may find that I can't do dairy any longer.  I've seen rice pudding made with coconut milk and a few other dairy subs, but it just can't be near as good! Can it?  Hmmm, maybe it's become one of my favorites too.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 05:56:45 PM by mommyjen »

Offline herbalmom

• Guru
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 06:36:23 PM »
Besides, made with br rice & 1/2 the sugar it's got more nutrition, higher protein & less carbs than breakfast cereal.  ;D  

Guess I just gave away the fact that if I were to make it I would make it in large quantities & eat it for breakfast.  ;) ::)

Wonderful idea, herbalmom!  Breakfast is ready and waiting then.  :-*  I'm reaaaalllllyyyy enjoying this rice pudding. First, I've finally found THE recipe I've been looking for.  But, I should get my allergy test results soon, and may find that I can't do dairy any longer.  I've seen rice pudding made with coconut milk and a few other dairy subs, but it just can't be near as good! Can it?  Hmmm, maybe it's become one of my favorites too.  ;D

I made a coconut pudding for Thanksgiving that was pretty good. Just a standard cornstarch pudding made with coconut milk sweetened with honey. I made 2-3 quarts of it for a family of 5 (although DH didn't eat any of it) & yes, I DID eat it for breakfast.  ;)