Author Topic: fainting and pregnancy  (Read 1614 times)

Offline jmbare1234

• Learning
fainting and pregnancy
« on: December 29, 2009, 09:37:32 AM »
Does anyone have experience with pregnancy and fainting/ hypotension?  I am 14 wks and fainted and lost conscienceness while caring for my 16 mo. old son...SCARRY! Went to the ER and they told me it was normal and common and to go home!?

Offline ladyhen

• Master
Re: fainting and pregnancy
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 11:12:08 AM »
Does anyone have experience with pregnancy and fainting/ hypotension?  I am 14 wks and fainted and lost conscienceness while caring for my 16 mo. old son...SCARRY! Went to the ER and they told me it was normal and common and to go home!?

I had the same problem!   
There are some easy things that you can do that help.  Make sure that you are drinking plenty of water to stay hydrated. 
 Here  is a link about fainting. 

Congrats on your pregnancy!  I highly recommend the Brewer pregnancy diet.  Healthy Diet During Pregnancy
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13

Offline born-an-okie

• Adept
Re: fainting and pregnancy
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 06:04:30 PM »
I don't think I have ever actually passed out while pregnant, but I do have to be careful.  My low blood pressure goes even lower when pregnant.  I second what ladyhen wrote: be sure to stay hydrated, and be sure to eat often enough, especially sufficient protein.  When your blood sugar gets too low the risk of passing out is greater if you've had this problem before.  Also, just be really careful to get up slowly so as to avoid a sudden blood rush away from the brain (I know that's just so easy when you are chasing a toddler around, ha ha!)