Author Topic: Preparing for hysterectomy  (Read 4972 times)

Offline crystal

• Adept
Preparing for hysterectomy
« on: November 12, 2009, 07:56:31 PM »
My GYN wants to do a hysterectomy on me.  DH and I are praying and talking about our options, but I have been doing some research on how to prepare physically for surgery and can't seem to find a whole lot.  Any advice?  If we do go ahead with it, it would be in two and a half weeks.  Not a lot of time.....

Offline floydian

• Master
Re: Preparing for hysterectomy
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 09:46:32 AM »
My GYN wants to do a hysterectomy on me.  DH and I are praying and talking about our options, but I have been doing some research on how to prepare physically for surgery and can't seem to find a whole lot.  Any advice?  If we do go ahead with it, it would be in two and a half weeks.  Not a lot of time.....

If I had an option not to, I would go with the not to...
Why?
From ladies I have talked to who have had one, things are better initially, but there can be long term problems. 
1.  Many ladies I know personally have said that it feels like their emotions were turned off for a time.
2.  Many have said that after a complete one, that all desire is gone.
3.  Many have said that there organs just do not seem to fit right and something just isn't right inside their tummies any more.
4.  Other organs seem to be stressed when these are removed.  Most of the ladies that I know that once they had a hysterectomy, they then had to have their gall bladders removed.  Whether there is a direct conection or not, I don't know.  I just find that interesting.

Obviously if there is something very wrong, and it needs to be done, I am sure that God will provide what you need and give you the grace needed to handle what needs to be done. 

Praying for you!!
And as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me;
For I am His and He is mine—
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

Offline beppyjo

• Adept
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 12:05:27 PM »
Not sure how helpful this will be but I know of a local guy that "swears up and down" that Clostrum is the most beneficial thing you can do to prepare for surgery. He had some surgery done and made sure to take clostrum before the surgery (right up until he went in..... last thing he took beofre going in I think) and then as soon as he could upon waking and for awhile afterwards and says his recovery was amazing..... Obviously, since he is a he ;D  ::),it was a different type of surgery but I remember him saying that anyone who had to have a surgery should take it. Seems like he had a special brand that came in little vials of concentrated liquid..... but it's been awhile so I can't guarentee that. I would guess that a good probiotic would be beneficial as well.....

Love you guys and will be praying for you, I know you have been fighting this battle for a long time. If you want a second opinion I would be happy to give you my Dr's #. I think that he is WONDERFUL and one of his specialties is hormone stuff.   :-*

Offline tonysgirl

• Adept
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 12:07:55 PM »
You didn't mention the reasons for your hysterectomy, but I'd reccommend NO!!  :) I'm a nurse, but had no clue about the options until I read the books, "What Your Dr. May Not Tell You About Premenopause", and "What Your Dr. May Not Tell You About Menopause". I reccommend every lady read them. Things like fibroids, etc. Drs. will say that you have to have a hysterectomy, but many, many problems can be helped and totally healed with hormone balance. These books are written by Drs. and I got mine from beeyoutiful.com. It's very profitable for Drs. to have your organs out... and yes, it is female castration. I wonder what man would allow Drs. to do that to them!!! These books say anything short of cancer, keep your uterus and ovaries!!! God bless you.

Offline sarajane

• Adept
    • www.herbsareeasy.com
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 01:10:00 PM »
Well if you have to get the surgery done, I know if it were me I would take liquid chlorophyll every day. I just think, they are gonna be cutting and what not, there is always some blood and having it clot well and taking a good blood builder seems like a good idea to me. What does everyone else think?
Mommy to Neveah, 2 year old who lives with Jesus, Larissa 4, Gavin 2. Help meet to Jason for 9 years.

Offline crystal

• Adept
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 02:18:09 PM »
I am only having the uterus and cervix taken. It will be done vaginally.  I am having it done due to ten plus years of uncontrollable and unpredictable bleeding.  I am epileptic and I take progesterone to keep my brain calm.  The progesterone for my brain interferes with my cycle, of course.  I have worked with a naturopath, multiple neurologists and a gynecologist over the last ten years.  We have been there, done that with hormone supplement, herbs, etc.....My hubby just wants me to be done with the bleeding once and for all.  He wants at least that "end" of me taken care of.   ;)  The brain is what we have to consider first and are trying to keep it healthy.  The uterus is the loser.  We are very tired of troubleshooting this all of the time.  I can't seem to keep both the uterus and the brain happy.  And, even more important, I need to keep my hubby happy.   :)

So, that is why I am having the hysterectomy.  

I take the following herbs and supplements:

Multi
B-complex
Sublingual b-12
cortisol
maca root
alfalfa
calcium
magnesium
Vit. D
chromium picolinate
probiotic
cod liver oil
Vit. C
Armour thyroid
progesterone

I know that I should taper off of the Vit. C just prior to surgery.  BUT...in your opinion, should I increase, add or subtract anything else?  So far, colostrum and chlorophyll have been suggested.  Also, any advice for after surgery?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 07:02:33 PM by crystal »

Offline ladyhen

• Master
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 03:15:29 PM »
crystal,

I notice that you are taking cortisol.  I have adrenal failure, Addison's Disease, and take cortisol as well as other supplements.
I had emergency surgery 2 years ago and another surgery 6 months later.  The surgeon was familiar with Addison's Disease and ordered a cortisteroid 'push', as he called it, put into my IV while they were prepping me for surgery.  That helped a lot with the physical shock and trauma and kept me going pretty well for a couple of days.
Might be something you want to ask about.

Consider nourishing juices for post surgical recovery.  I would think carrot, beet, wheat grass, barley grass, and other superfood type juices would help with recovery. 
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13

Offline tonysgirl

• Adept
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 03:08:14 PM »
Crystal, wow, it sounds like you've been through so much, sounds so miserable. I'll be praying for you. YES, absolutely go with what hubby wants! Sounds like some ladies have some good suggestions for you....

Offline crystal

• Adept
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 05:46:40 PM »
A week after surgery, now.  Doing VERY well.  Would have only had to stay for one night in the hospital if it had not been for the morphine drip!   :-\  It made me loopy!  Feeling almost normal and no one would believe that I had the surgery last week.  Thank you, Jesus!!!!!

Offline floydian

• Master
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009, 04:01:15 AM »
So glad you are doing so well!!!!!  :)

And as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me;
For I am His and He is mine—
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.