Author Topic: Treating Candida [Yeast] While Pregnant [or Nursing]  (Read 122392 times)

cecac

Re: Treating Candida [Yeast] While Pregnant [or Nursing]
« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2007, 11:25:58 AM »
Thank you, so I guess you're saying that it's not cleansing.  I hope not.  I don't know, though, because I am having stomach issues all day today, even with no supplement intake. :-\  I'm even nauseated.

Offline Sparkys9

• Adept
« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2007, 12:39:04 PM »
I have had stomach problems when I took probiotics by themselves as well. Ditto with my vitamins. I just think it's a good idea to take most supplements with food unless the bottle or your care provider states otherwise. Just my opinion.Amy
I can do all things through Christ which strentheneth me. Phillipians 4:13

cecac

« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2007, 12:54:35 PM »
Thanks Amy, I think I'll do that and also only take them twice per day.

Offline lotsaboys

• Master
« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2007, 02:47:28 PM »
Cara, I always took them with meals and not on an empty stomach at bedtime. :) I don't remember ever having that problem.

cecac

« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2007, 03:07:31 PM »
Thank you lotsaboys,

That gives me a little more confidence.  I was kinda thinking of just putting all of this in the freezer and trying again postpartum.  I don't think I'll go over two doses per day for a bit, though.  I haven't felt too well in the tummy today.  It's almost like I went acidic or something. :-\

Offline larissakissa

• Adept
« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2007, 09:10:18 AM »
Hello Ladies,
Just a quick question.  Is it safe to take an enzyme digestive, a probiotic and garlic when preggo?  (and do the yeast diet)
 I'm 23 weeks preggo and my dh wants me to stop the yeast cleanse/diet because he thinks it's hurting the baby.  We started the cleanse on Sunday so it's only been one day.   He just thinks that I shouldn't cut out all sugars and food like potatoes and flour because the baby needs it.  ::)  Although I don't think that the baby does really need those foods to be healthy.  Should I maybe still eat some kind of foods and not cut everything out completely?  I just want to be shure that I'm not hurting the baby in any way.  Thank you for all your input!  :)

cecac

« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2007, 09:16:26 AM »
Hello Ladies,
Just a quick question.  Is it safe to take an enzyme digestive, a probiotic and garlic when preggo?  (and do the yeast diet)
 I'm 23 weeks preggo and my dh wants me to stop the yeast cleanse/diet because he thinks it's hurting the baby.  We started the cleanse on Sunday so it's only been one day.   He just thinks that I shouldn't cut out all sugars and food like potatoes and flour because the baby needs it.  ::)  Although I don't think that the baby does really need those foods to be healthy.  Should I maybe still eat some kind of foods and not cut everything out completely?  I just want to be shure that I'm not hurting the baby in any way.  Thank you for all your input!  :)

Lotsaboys might chime in here--she did not alter diet (except going whole foods completely) and did the anti-yeast pregnancy pack from beeyoutiful.  I am doing the same, starting today.  I backed off because the combo of stuff in the beeyoutiful pack gave me problems with my stomach, but I found out I couldn't do the stuff without food.  I am okay today taking my doses with meals or whole raw milk.

I agree about not hurting the baby.  The thing is, if we cut out too much stuff, we might go into detox. :-\  My personal opinion here, but I don't think it harms anybody to completely cut sugar and maybe go lower on complex carbs.  Also, going very strict on only whole grains as opposed to white flour should not harm baby or you, IMO.  That is what I'm attempting to do this week.  I do not forsee any cleansing from doing that.

I'll chime in if I do see any of that.  It may get interesting around here this week.

Cara 

Offline lotsaboys

• Master
« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2007, 09:56:25 AM »
Hello Ladies,

A couple things come to mind- first of all it might make some difference how bad your yeast issues are as to how much you need to do to take care of it. My symptoms were mild so I ate carbs but only occasional natural sweetners since that was our normal diet anyhow. I would be very cautious about restricting your diet too much when pg esp. in the line of good fats and whole foods. Its not gonna hurt baby one bit to eliminate sugar and in fact will do you both good as that's one of yeast's biggest contributors. And like cecac mentioned you don't want detox problems.

My personal experience was to eat all I wanted of regular, healthy foods, including potatoes and ww flour and just did the anti-yeast stuff from Beeyoutiful. I never had any negative side effects and baby and I were so much healthier than my last 3 or 4 babies/pregnancies. No thrush and diaper rash for him and no breast infection, digestive issues for me!
Hope I made sense for ya. :)

cecac

« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2007, 10:08:35 AM »
I want to clarify--when I say going slightly lower carb, I am going to try to do this:  three eggs fried in butter with cheese and whole raw milk for breakfast, salad with a chicken breast or beef with olive oil dressing and cheese for lunch, and whatever the family is eating (which will likely include whole grains, potatoes, etc) for dinner.  Some days, like today, I may eat Ezekial bread with peanut butter and veggies with raw milk for lunch.  There is no sweetners in the Ezekial bread, as justjane recommended earlier in the thread.

I did the eggs with milk this morning, no problem.

Ya'll think that's too low carb?  I'm doing this to help control my weight (Thanksgiving was NOT helpful for poundage in the preggars department) and also to help my dh lose weight. 

Cara

Offline larissakissa

• Adept
« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2007, 10:42:11 AM »
Thank you for the reply.  It does kind of make sense not to eliminate everything.  You said that you drand raw milk.  I can't afford to get raw milk here,  :-[ (the only place they sell it charges $15.00 a gallon) so can I drink organic store bought milk? 

cecac

« Reply #100 on: November 26, 2007, 10:56:00 AM »
Thank you for the reply.  It does kind of make sense not to eliminate everything.  You said that you drand raw milk.  I can't afford to get raw milk here,  :-[ (the only place they sell it charges $15.00 a gallon) so can I drink organic store bought milk? 

It sounds good to me, unless you have an allergy.  My dh is allergic to anything but raw milk, so we don't have a choice when we do dairy.  $15--whew!!

Offline Sparkys9

• Adept
« Reply #101 on: November 26, 2007, 11:39:31 AM »
If you want to know how your diet is effecting you, get someone to do a 10 way or 11 way urine strip on you. That's how I found out about my ketoacidosis ( mentioned earlier on this thread, please read that). Also, if you're constantly hungry, you can probably guess your nutritional needs are under met. That was my problem. It would probably be better to cut out white sugar and flour, limit potatoes and whole grains and EXERCISE if you want to help control your weight gain. Just my 2 cents. Amy
I can do all things through Christ which strentheneth me. Phillipians 4:13

cecac

« Reply #102 on: November 26, 2007, 11:44:16 AM »
Hello Sparkys,

I totally agree about the hungry--not a good sign (for me, it means cutting too many carbs).

Offline larissakissa

• Adept
« Reply #103 on: November 26, 2007, 03:26:24 PM »
Thank you ladies for your replies!  I do feel hungry a lot, so that's bad.  I think I'll keep taking the enzyme and the probiotic and just add more food variety like potatoes, fruit, milk  and some bread.  I think that should do it.  ;D

cecac

« Reply #104 on: November 27, 2007, 12:19:36 PM »
Just checking in--I think I am in a bit of a cleanse because of the supplements and the "no sugar/lower carb" after Thanksgiving.  If it doesn't level out in a day or two, then I'll pick up more bread and slow it down.  I had a slight headache and two bm's instead of one today.  Some nausea yesterday and today, but nothing extreme.

I think I went too low-carb today.  Cut grains breakfast and lunch and by 4:30 I wasn't feeling too well.  I don't think I'll do that again. 

Cara
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 12:42:59 PM by cecac »

Offline mama star

• Learning
  • Christmas 2007
    • Lonestar Sentiments
« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2007, 06:56:00 PM »

I agree about not hurting the baby.  The thing is, if we cut out too much stuff, we might go into detox. :-\  My personal opinion here, but I don't think it harms anybody to completely cut sugar and maybe go lower on complex carbs. 

Cara 

Hi Gals, I'm confused.....I thought I read in the Yeast Die Off Thread that even if you ONLY stop sugar and carbs you will experience die off/detox even without supplements or anything because you will be starving the yeast. So how can you cut out sugar and not detox? Is that right?

I have had yeast/fungal problems for about 8 years (ever since I took antiobiotics for my acne. Wouldn't have done it if I knew what would happen)and never really did anything about it. Now it is getting bad and I have been prego and/or nursing for the last three years. I am nursing and 3 months prego now and the Candida is taking a major toll on my immune system and over all health, I have been sick with some kind of cold/flue for half this year (I take supplements, immune bossting things but the issue is bigger). I  have got to do something. I fear it will be a huge die off for me. But would being free of yeast/fungus be better for my children and me than the die off? I need some wisdom...Thank you!

-Cassandra
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 07:03:49 PM by mama star »
I love my little stars...and the big one too! :)

cecac

« Reply #106 on: December 11, 2007, 08:28:40 AM »
Wellll, IMO, if you do not do anything that causes excess die off, I am thinking, still, that it will only be helpful to you, your new little one, and your nursing one, to get completely off sugar and only allow yourself whole grains, strictly.

Kinda hard at Christmas ::), and I'm not completely practicing what I'm preaching here, but I am doing better.

I am NOT going low complex carb.  It really depends on how hungry I get.  I will not allow myself to go that pit-of-my-stomach-is-empty hungry because I've done that before and I can bet my bottom dollar I'll go deficient in something.  I've had 9 healthy children, so I guess that they get all the goody and we get left deficient as the mamas.  So I don't worry about weight.  I eat to satisfaction, and I try to make sure the most of it is whole foods. I highly recommend going no sugar, no preservatives, no chemicals, and only whole grains as much as possible.  I am not perfect at it, but I do the best I can. (I am 15 weeks preggars right now).

I recommend the anti-yeast preggars pack from beeyoutiful.  I've not experienced any detox from it, but I don't have symptoms, per se, of candida yeast.  I have had antibiotics pumped into me in labor, let's see, three times, I think.  I don't see any harm in some prevention at this point in my life.  When I'm done with the preggars pack, it has been recommended in this thread that I keep up with the acidophilus pills and the garlic pills.  I'm hoping to do that.

Don't stop carbs, IMO, because you cannot afford to.  If you take in whole grains, veggies, and fruit (maybe less fruit for less sugar if you're doing some stuff for candida overgrowth), then you are taking in the complex carbs that do not convert to sugars as quickly. 

I feel that is the farthest we should go in pregnancy and/or nursing.

HTH,
Cara

Offline mama star

• Learning
  • Christmas 2007
    • Lonestar Sentiments
« Reply #107 on: December 11, 2007, 06:02:10 PM »

I recommend the anti-yeast preggars pack from beeyoutiful.  I've not experienced any detox from it, but I don't have symptoms, per se, of candida yeast.  I have had antibiotics pumped into me in labor, let's see, three times, I think. 

HTH,
Cara

Cara (love that name)
Thanks for the feedback! I had antibiotics with my first born which was two years ago and I feel like I have been sick alot ever since (didn't know about probiotics then either).

I ordered the preggers pack yesterday...I tried it a year ago but didn't stop the sugar intake so I don't think it did a lick of good for me. I am on day two of no sugar or simple carbs (it is soooo hard! My craving for sugar is incredible). I am staying on the dairy but still not sure about grains yet. I understand your opinion about it though. So far I have been able to not go hungry and I already feel a difference. We'll see how it goes! My husband is really encouraging me to stick with it! It is a bummer though because we just went shopping and now most of it I can't eat! And now we don't really have to money to get me special food. I will have to wait till next week. So lots of veggies, meat and dairy in the mean time...... Thanks for the advice! We will pray about it.

-Cassandra

I love my little stars...and the big one too! :)

Offline Myjoy

• Adept
« Reply #108 on: March 15, 2008, 09:18:43 AM »
Can anyone tell me why being pregnant may cause a vaginal infection? I never had any problems when pregnant with my first (boy), but I got them off and on for the last half of my pregnancy with my daughter. Now, almost 8 months later, I just got one and my milk supply has lessened, making me think I might be pregnant again. I don't think I have problems with yeast because this has never happened before now. Anyone know what happens in the body when you're pregnant that might contribute? I am doing garlic and tea tree right now, but not noticing any change as of yet.

Offline jhandrh

• Adept
« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2008, 03:00:52 PM »
Can anyone tell me why being pregnant may cause a vaginal infection? I never had any problems when pregnant with my first (boy), but I got them off and on for the last half of my pregnancy with my daughter. Now, almost 8 months later, I just got one and my milk supply has lessened, making me think I might be pregnant again. I don't think I have problems with yeast because this has never happened before now. Anyone know what happens in the body when you're pregnant that might contribute? I am doing garlic and tea tree right now, but not noticing any change as of yet.

I don't know of anything documented on this, but hormone fluctuations seem to cause yeast infections for me.  I usually ended up with at least one or two yeast infections during the course of each of my pregnancies.  I don't know what to tell you if garlic and tea tree don't do the trick, though.  Maybe OTC monistat?  That always helped me, but that was before I explored any natural options.  So maybe someone else may have something more helpful in to add in that department.

Offline Myjoy

• Adept
« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2008, 10:54:02 AM »
So, anyone else have any idea why pregnancy brings yeast infections, and even not just pregnancy, but being pregnant with a girl?

burlsgirl

« Reply #111 on: March 17, 2008, 11:12:02 AM »
So, anyone else have any idea why pregnancy brings yeast infections, and even not just pregnancy, but being pregnant with a girl?

Myjoy,

It's not just girls! Both my sister & I had terrible yeast infections w/ our boys!! For me, it was my first ever infection and my FOURTH pregnancy, the only one that was a boy baby!  Go figure. :)

Offline 3boysmyjoys

• Adept
  • My Three Boys And My Joy
    • Contenders for the Faith
« Reply #112 on: March 17, 2008, 11:48:19 AM »
I am wanting to do an anti-yeast cleanse.  I have a baby that's 2 months old and I read that doing the regular one from Beeyoutiful would dry up my milk.  Does anyone know if I can do the Pregnancy anti-yeast cleanse whiloe I'm nursing?  Also, has anyone else done it with success?

cecac

« Reply #113 on: March 17, 2008, 12:03:31 PM »
This thread might be helpful:

http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,2592.0.html

Blessings,
Cara

Offline 3boysmyjoys

• Adept
  • My Three Boys And My Joy
    • Contenders for the Faith
« Reply #114 on: March 17, 2008, 12:09:10 PM »
I appreciate the link, but it seems that everyone on it was pregnant.  I honestly don't have a lot of time to read every post so I was wondering if someone could give me a quick answer.

cecac

« Reply #115 on: March 17, 2008, 12:16:43 PM »
I'm thinking horomone fluctuations that for some reason cause enough imbalance to allow a yeast infection.  I've had that happen, lemme think, once in pregnancy (oh no, maybe twice, but I nixed it the last time naturally with ACV).  Well, I had one right after a birth where I had to have antibiotics, so that one was easy to know about. ::)

The question to me would be does that just go away after that one pregnancy, or two, or does it really indicate that there is at least a minor imbalance the rest of the time?  Might would indicate the need for a cleanse and careful diet for a while for the re-building of the natural balance of the v*ginal area.

Just some thoughts,
Cara

cecac

« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2008, 12:22:34 PM »
There is a pregnancy anti-yeast pak from www.beeyoutiful.com which we discussed on that other thread.  I am thinking that it would also do for nursing.  I am also thinking you could do some dietary modification if you want to, but nothing that would cause toxin dumping just like in pregnancy because it would go to baby.  We discussed whole grains only, no sugar, higher protein and fat intake, and less fruit (I think).

You can e-mail the people at beeyoutiful to make sure the anti-yeast pak from them does not have any ingredients that would dry up milk.  They are very helpful over there.

HTH,
Cara

Offline jewelrylight

• Learning
« Reply #117 on: March 18, 2008, 04:02:12 AM »
How do you know if your candida is advanced enough to be leaky gut syndrome which in turn apparently can cause the dairy allergies among others?

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #118 on: March 18, 2008, 08:23:50 AM »
If your progesterone levels surge during pregnancy, this could feed an already waiting batch of yeast which would cause them to multiply more rapidly.  I wouldn't think that the pregnancy caused you to have yeast, just caused them to grow faster.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #119 on: March 18, 2008, 08:24:44 AM »
How do you know if your candida is advanced enough to be leaky gut syndrome which in turn apparently can cause the dairy allergies among others?

There are tests, but if it were me, I would just assume based on my symptoms.
  My favorite herb book!!