Author Topic: I Think I Have Candida and/or Leaky Gut: What Now?  (Read 128313 times)

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
Re: I Think I Have Candida and/or Leaky Gut: What Now?
« Reply #120 on: April 21, 2010, 04:14:14 AM »
Don't forget about following the cleanse up with healing for the issues that allowed the candida to overgrow in the first place.  :)

Offline HappyWifey

• Adept
    • Rejoicing Evermore
« Reply #121 on: April 21, 2010, 06:38:17 AM »
As far as I can tell it is from taking antibiotics when I was a child. I haven't had any since I was 12 or so.

Offline Sewbusy

• Adept
« Reply #122 on: July 10, 2010, 11:40:38 AM »
For all of you who have done a candida cleanse.....  Our family is on day 4. No starches except rice(I am nursing so I need some extra) and popcorn to help fill us up. :) This is just popcorn I make with organic kernels and coconut oil and sea salt. We are "snacking" constantly, veggies, beef jerky (once again that I make just with some herbs and salt)ect.  Is it "normal" to feel constantly dizzy, winded and on the verge of passing out? I have to be careful going up stairs and often have to put my head down as I "black out" ( things go black but I am totally here still). If I don't put my head down I will pass out (happened in the past)  I feel like I am starving!! I am just wondering if all this is ok or if I am really having blood sugar issues and if so what can I do about them while keeping on the diet.  Thanks!

Offline Beth

• Adept
« Reply #123 on: July 11, 2010, 01:49:57 AM »
For all of you who have done a candida cleanse.....  Our family is on day 4. No starches except rice(I am nursing so I need some extra) and popcorn to help fill us up. :) This is just popcorn I make with organic kernels and coconut oil and sea salt. We are "snacking" constantly, veggies, beef jerky (once again that I make just with some herbs and salt)ect.  Is it "normal" to feel constantly dizzy, winded and on the verge of passing out? I have to be careful going up stairs and often have to put my head down as I "black out" ( things go black but I am totally here still). If I don't put my head down I will pass out (happened in the past)  I feel like I am starving!! I am just wondering if all this is ok or if I am really having blood sugar issues and if so what can I do about them while keeping on the diet.  Thanks!

wow...it does sound like you are having blood sugar issues. Be careful. Spirulina is good for keeping your blood sugar leveled out while fasting even... so I would think it would help. But I'm not sure it goes with the candida cleanse.  I'm sure someone with more experience will post. (I hope)

I need to do this cleanse myself...In a nutshell, what is it?
"discontenment is not a product of circumstances; it is the state of the soul." ~ Debi Pearl ~    ...and be content with such things as ye have Hebrews 13:5

Offline DHW

• Adept
« Reply #124 on: July 11, 2010, 09:01:41 AM »
Those could also be symptoms of adrenal fatigue.  Eat plenty of coconut oil to help you fill full.  It really sounds like you need more fats, proteins and veggie carbs. 

Don't skimp on the sea salt if you suspect adrenal issues. 

Red raspberry leaf and fenugreek teas are good for milk supply.

Wouldn't slippery elm bark be ok on the candida cleanse?  It's pretty filling and nutritious.

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #125 on: July 11, 2010, 01:34:03 PM »
Those can be herxheimer reactions as well. If you suspect blood sugar issues, I would recommend sipping on chicken broth, and a meal or snack every 3-4 hrs.

Make your meals  and snacks.....balanced with 1/3 each coming from proteins, fats, and low glycemic carbs. Cheese and carrots, celery and nut or sunbutter, nuts and berries or green apples.

Offline Sewbusy

• Adept
« Reply #126 on: July 11, 2010, 05:04:29 PM »
In a nut shell, it's one of the greatest challenges of self discipline I have ever faced:) Read this entire thread and you will have a lot more info.... Also we eat LOTS AND LOTS of butter and meat fats lots of veggies and even some oatbran if things aren't "flowing" like they need to be. Any ideas on how to eat coconut oil? I love it as a spread on bread but since that is out I'm looking for more ideas. I have never really liked coconut but am learning to like it. Also any ideas on learning to like kefir?? Should I move this to the daily support for candida cleanse thread???? All of this is so new!