Author Topic: not getting rid of candida  (Read 12235 times)

Offline sickmomgirl

• Adept
not getting rid of candida
« on: March 05, 2010, 09:57:51 AM »
i don't think i'm making headway on my candida, being that i have the craziest worst dandruff ever, i regularly break out in foot fungus, and i still have it coming out of me vaginally (sorry).

Offline mommyjen

• Adept
Re: not getting rid of candida
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 10:06:48 AM »
Have you taken you're course of antifungals? What else are you doing to get rid of it? How long have you been actively trying to overcome it?
Billy's wife and mom to John, Charles, Gilbert, and Lewis.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 10:49:57 AM »
The Big Confusion
Leaky gut causes many of the severe symptoms of Candida. Removing Candida can often help Leaky Gut; removing Candida often does not heal the Leaky Gut unto itself. After Candida is gone, Leaky Gut is still there and so are the Leaky Gut symptoms. So the person thinks he has Candida. They are right to think it is still Candida because the Candida caused the Leaky Gut and its symptoms in the first place. But After the Candida is gone the Leaky Gut remains so the person still thinks that Candida is there. Well it’s not! And if the person and the Doctor continue to treat the Candida they get no improvement because what they should be treating is the Leaky Gut!
from http://www.healthychristianliving.com/leaky_gut_syndrome.htm

I Think I Have Candida and/or Leaky Gut:  What Now?

My favorite herb book!!

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 01:26:12 PM »
I'm going to antagonize the WTM sacred cow now so if you don't want to hear it, please close your browswer.   :D ;D

I have been watching and working for over a year now my DS's and DH's severe gut issues.  My experience and learning tells me that candida is NOT the cause of most people's ills.  Instead, candida is a symptom of another ill.  From what I am seeing in our house and in those I've worked with from here, leaky gut causes candida, and poor digestion/absorption is what leads to the leaky gut.  So, if you go to root causes, I think you have to treat the digestion issues to heal the leaky gut to heal the candida.  I think anything else is putting a bandaid on it.  I still think you have to treat the candida and leaky gut, but doing so without treating the digestion/absorption issue is like filling a bucket with water that's full of holes.

I'll leave the sacred cow alone now.   :D ;D

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline Jade

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 02:54:22 PM »
mykidsmom, I agree. I have watched people struggling to heal candida for years, and it just keeps on coming back.

I'm a big believer in getting to the root cause. And for some people, I think their candida is linked to their leaky gut, which is also linked to the mercury toxicity in their body, which is linked to the amalgam fillings in their mouth. In my opinion, they will NEVER permanently get rid of their candida (or leaky gut) until the metal in their mouth is gone.

So, once again, the candida isn't REALLY the problem. It's just another manifestation of a much bigger problem.
"I walk without flinching through the burning cathedral of the summer.  My bank of wild grass is majestic and full of music.  It is a fire that solitude presses against my lips."  ~Violette Leduc

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 04:13:52 PM »
I'm going to antagonize the WTM sacred cow now so if you don't want to hear it, please close your browswer.   :D ;D

I have been watching and working for over a year now my DS's and DH's severe gut issues.  My experience and learning tells me that candida is NOT the cause of most people's ills.  Instead, candida is a symptom of another ill.  From what I am seeing in our house and in those I've worked with from here, leaky gut causes candida, and poor digestion/absorption is what leads to the leaky gut.  So, if you go to root causes, I think you have to treat the digestion issues to heal the leaky gut to heal the candida.  I think anything else is putting a bandaid on it.  I still think you have to treat the candida and leaky gut, but doing so without treating the digestion/absorption issue is like filling a bucket with water that's full of holes.

I'll leave the sacred cow alone now.   :D ;D

patti
i think you're close, but if you know the biology behind the candida and it's mutations, it makes sense that candida more often causes leaky gut than the other way around; HOWEVER, there are several more contributors (heavy metals, NSAIDS, alcohol abuse, etc.) and could actually be the cause and candida be an after-the-fact aggravator.  but more often than not, the cause of candida is overuse/abuse of antibiotics and everything else is just exacerbates.

NOW, having said all that, the main point that should be addressed is that if you have one, you should just kind of assume that you have the other, ESPECIALLY if you treat for one and the symptoms continue.  HEALING the GUT is the most important factor but near impossible to do in the presence of a systemic candidal infection, so ridding the body of candida, although important is ONLY ONE STEP in the process.  once you've done, this, don't stop.  continue on to the next step--healing.

patti and i seem to disagree on which is the cause and which is the symptom (and I REALLY AM ok with this ;D ), but considering the cure, this is really mute.  KWIM?   ::) ;D :o 8)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 04:15:41 PM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 04:16:10 PM »
I'm going to antagonize the WTM sacred cow now so if you don't want to hear it, please close your browswer.   :D ;D
oh, stop it.  i'm not THAT bad.  hahahaha.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Jade

• Adept
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 04:59:29 PM »
I agree that which ones causes the other is not too terribly important, BUT my concern is for people with other issues (such as heavy metal toxicity) that are fighting candida to no avail. There seems to be a prevailing mindset that candida *is* the problem; and while it is for some people, I think many people have deeper issues that cause the candida. I have seen people struggle with this issue for YEARS and it always crops right back up; I absolutely believe that, for them, they'll never truly heal until they get to the root.

I also think this is why a detox (such as Dr. Schulze's) can be so effective in addition to a program that deals with the candida and leaky gut. In fact, in my mind, you ain't done with the program until you've "cleaned up" with some form of a clay detox. Just my two cents.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 06:21:57 PM by Jade »
"I walk without flinching through the burning cathedral of the summer.  My bank of wild grass is majestic and full of music.  It is a fire that solitude presses against my lips."  ~Violette Leduc

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 05:03:43 PM »
oh, stop it.  i'm not THAT bad.  hahahaha.

hahahahahahahahaha.  Actually, I really wasn't picking on you!   :D  I do believe it's possible for it to be both cause and effect with candida.  Like you mentioned, abxs would be an issue to get it started.  So in that sense, it would be the cause.  So, it's definately possible to be both and I think you hit it on the head when you said you MUST treat both.  I think in the end, that is the key to complete healing.  And, yup, no matter how you cut it, the treatment sucks.   ;D  Excuse me while I go make my pau de' arco tea for my candida.   ;D :D ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D  (seriously).   :D
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline mommyjen

• Adept
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 05:18:35 PM »
Patti, I thought that you didn't test positive for candida way back when?  Do you know why you would have it now?! Hope your better soon!
Billy's wife and mom to John, Charles, Gilbert, and Lewis.

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 06:06:58 PM »
Patti, I thought that you didn't test positive for candida way back when?  Do you know why you would have it now?! Hope your better soon!

I tested negative for obvious candida but whenever I touch sugar (which isn't often) I literally choke on the candida in my throat.  So I know I'm full of it (in more ways than one).    ;) :D ;D  I don't know how or why I tested negative but if I remember correctly it wasn't in my stool test which would lead me to believe it's all just stuck in me and not exiting and therefore not showing up on my test.  Unfortunately, I definately don't eat a candida killing diet.  It's so much work for me to keep up with my two worst guys health that I really don't have time or energy to deal with this issue.  So I keep it "at bay" by taking nystatin for a few months out of the year and doing other stuff as it's reasonable.  However, I did just find out that capryllic acid will kill the stuff off so I may try taking that with my husband instead of nystatin because that stuff is soooooo expensive.  I'm just starting the pau de arco tea because drinking teas is easy for me.  So right now I mainly tackle the digestion/leaky gut issues but the hen will come home to roost and I'm going to have to treat the candida eventually for total healing. 

patti
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 06:09:00 PM by mykidsmom »

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2010, 05:13:00 AM »
I also think this is why a detox (such as Dr. Schulze's) can be so effective in addition to a program that deals with the candida and leaky gut. In fact, in my mind, you ain't done with the program until you've "cleaned up" with some form of a clay detox. Just my two cents.
i totally agree!  (don't forget charcoal for what the clay doesn't get)

i think it's still prudent to follow up with gut healing protocols.  (probiotics, fermented foods, GAPS stuff, l.glutamine, aloe, cod liver oil and other omega 3s, etc.)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 05:15:51 AM by healthybratt »
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2010, 05:17:17 AM »
Patti, I thought that you didn't test positive for candida way back when?  Do you know why you would have it now?! Hope your better soon!

I tested negative for obvious candida but whenever I touch sugar (which isn't often) I literally choke on the candida in my throat.  So I know I'm full of it (in more ways than one).    ;) :D ;D  I don't know how or why I tested negative but if I remember correctly it wasn't in my stool test which would lead me to believe it's all just stuck in me and not exiting and therefore not showing up on my test.  Unfortunately, I definately don't eat a candida killing diet.  It's so much work for me to keep up with my two worst guys health that I really don't have time or energy to deal with this issue.  So I keep it "at bay" by taking nystatin for a few months out of the year and doing other stuff as it's reasonable.  However, I did just find out that capryllic acid will kill the stuff off so I may try taking that with my husband instead of nystatin because that stuff is soooooo expensive.  I'm just starting the pau de arco tea because drinking teas is easy for me.  So right now I mainly tackle the digestion/leaky gut issues but the hen will come home to roost and I'm going to have to treat the candida eventually for total healing. 

patti
if you can get some nystatin.  you could take some and then hit it with detox+ for everything else and it's supposed to even kill yeast (not sure on this part).  then hit HARD right after with probiotics in all shapes and sizes.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline sickmomgirl

• Adept
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2010, 04:50:04 AM »
mykidsmom, I agree. I have watched people struggling to heal candida for years, and it just keeps on coming back.

I'm a big believer in getting to the root cause. And for some people, I think their candida is linked to their leaky gut, which is also linked to the mercury toxicity in their body, which is linked to the amalgam fillings in their mouth. In my opinion, they will NEVER permanently get rid of their candida (or leaky gut) until the metal in their mouth is gone.

So, once again, the candida isn't REALLY the problem. It's just another manifestation of a much bigger problem.

i may have mercury in my body, but i have absolutely no fillings in my mouth.

Offline sickmomgirl

• Adept
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2010, 04:53:39 AM »
I'm going to antagonize the WTM sacred cow now so if you don't want to hear it, please close your browswer.   :D ;D

patti
i think you're close, but if you know the biology behind the candida and it's mutations, it makes sense that candida more often causes leaky gut than the other way around; HOWEVER, there are several more contributors (heavy metals, NSAIDS, alcohol abuse, etc.) and could actually be the cause and candida be an after-the-fact aggravator.  but more often than not, the cause of candida is overuse/abuse of antibiotics and everything else is just exacerbates.

NOW, having said all that, the main point that should be addressed is that if you have one, you should just kind of assume that you have the other, ESPECIALLY if you treat for one and the symptoms continue.  HEALING the GUT is the most important factor but near impossible to do in the presence of a systemic candidal infection, so ridding the body of candida, although important is ONLY ONE STEP in the process.  once you've done, this, don't stop.  continue on to the next step--healing.

patti and i seem to disagree on which is the cause and which is the symptom (and I REALLY AM ok with this ;D ), but considering the cure, this is really mute.  KWIM?   ::) ;D :o 8)
yes, my candida was likely caused by antibiotics, nsaids and lower immune system following the birth of my baby and horrid sickness and pain immediately following.

Offline sickmomgirl

• Adept
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2010, 04:58:13 AM »

patti
if you can get some nystatin.  you could take some and then hit it with detox+ for everything else and it's supposed to even kill yeast (not sure on this part).  then hit HARD right after with probiotics in all shapes and sizes.

i got nystatin- in horrid pain from it, had to go off, then after three days of being off it, started it again at one tspoon a day. also take berberine, can't do oil of oregeno b/c my ulcers start hurting like crazy. do take culturelle probiotics. got rid of microwave, tv, and teflon cookware. have no fillings. on strict allergy free diet, though i have a really hard time keeping it perfectly. i've had candida in my gut forever. was found on an endoscopy a long time ago-- treated then with 100 mg diflucan for 10 days, and now found again at 4 plus on stool analysis.

Offline sickmomgirl

• Adept
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2010, 05:00:07 AM »

However, I did just find out that capryllic acid will kill the stuff off so I may try taking that with my husband instead of nystatin because that stuff is soooooo expensive.  I'm just starting the pau de arco tea because drinking teas is easy for me.  So right now I mainly tackle the digestion/leaky gut issues but the hen will come home to roost and I'm going to have to treat the candida eventually for total healing. 

patti

so is it good enough to take coconut oil, which has caprylic acid? i take that

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2010, 05:52:38 AM »
i've had candida in my gut forever. was found on an endoscopy a long time ago-- treated then with 100 mg diflucan for 10 days, and now found again at 4 plus on stool analysis.

Then the underlying issue here is you've never gotten rid of whatever pathogenic bacteria you've got.  Did you do the genova stool test?  It should have told you what bacteria is overrunning your system and how to treat it naturally.  Berbine may not be strong enough.  I had to use uva ursi and I was a 4+ on at least one bacteria.  Right now, the probiotics are only feeding the bad bacteria.  Don't waste your money on culturelle until you find out what is going to kill the pathogenic bacteria.  Ideally, you'd take something like capyrllic acid or uva ursi or whatever it takes to kill your bacteria, then slam it in between with a VSL or Culturelle (I'm not sure how much bacteria culturelle has but if it's less then 450billion use the VSL).  You would want to do a 30 day round of this.

Don't know if coconut oil has enough capryllic acid.  I would say no, not likely.  Hub is taking 680mg 3x's a day and I'm guessing coconut oil does not have that much. 

patti

Offline paradisemamma

• Adept
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2010, 06:52:09 AM »
i may have mercury in my body, but i have absolutely no fillings in my mouth.
Mercury or any other neurotoxin can effect how the body stystems work including how we fight candida. I had severe heavy metal poisoning (testing through Doctors Data) even though I too have no amalgams. I did receive 15+ rhogam shots, immunizations including the swine flu vaccine around 1975, plus junk food eating and living for years. A biochemist (who worked for environmental health) also read my results said it looked like the chemicals in fertilizer.  ??? It is difficult to always pinpoint what main source contributed to a toxic overload. The good news is the cycle of yeast doesn't always have to keep going when the body's root problem such as cleaning up the neurotoxins such as heavy metal is dealt with. Especially in a 3 part plan

1. diet (I'm on a cellular healing diet through Dr.Pompa)
http://www.pompahealthsolutions.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=83&Itemid=133

2. Detox (again on the cellular level) when all the systems of the body are overloaded and not responding in healthy way as God designed them to do and inflammation (inflammation of the cells) has taken over... any other type of detox will not be enough to deal with the root problem. http://www.pompahealthsolutions.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=72&Itemid=107 

3. Supplementation to support the body through the healing process

I have followed this protocol for the past year with great success. I went from feeling like every system of my body was fighting me, I was diagnosed with MS (with a possibility of 3 years to live :() and a heavy metal test which indicated by body burden load exceeded 6x the maximum amount level ...................to functioning again, no yeast issue, decreased heavy metal burden, no food cravings, and overall better health than I have had in about 9 years. I finally can see the fast progression downhill stop and improvements are noticeable weekly. We have 3 of our children (autoimmune/autistic) with chronic yeast and we will be applying the same protocol for them

Just my 2 cents. I too am still learning. ;D

Offline sickmomgirl

• Adept
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2010, 07:14:06 AM »
thankyou, I'm going to make sure to look into all the links you sent, and ask you more questions later. Did you use a dishwasher? What did you use for laundry detergent?