Author Topic: Causes of Allergies?  (Read 19938 times)

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
Re: Causes of Allergies?
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2010, 08:39:23 AM »

Or, if you don't want to read that article, research the link between adrenal fatigue or malfunction and allergies. Certainly true in my case! The good thing is those types of acquired allergies are reversible.

I supposed adrenal fatigue could be related to allergies in some people.  I've had my adrenals checked and found no problem...still have allergies though...
Right! Certainly not all allergies are connected to adrenal dysfunction. Many times allergies are just a symptom and can stem from a variety of root issues. This  is why I wrote " those types of acquired allergies are reversible."  Not very clear. I should have been more concise the first time.  :)

Offline HappyWifey

• Adept
    • Rejoicing Evermore
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2010, 10:35:01 AM »
About 2 months ago I "suddenly developed" an allergy  to dairy. (I have been under a LOT of stress the last 2-3 months) About a week or two ago I realized that it was affecting my adrenals. If I had a little cream in my tea I could bet on being unable to do much for the rest of the day because I was suddenly SO tired! So about a week ago I started taking Drenamin (sp?) from Standard Process for my adrenal glands, plus my thyroid supp, and other hormone supps. I no longer am having any reactions to any dairy. I will still be going off of dairy for 30 days and then adding it back in to see if I still have the allergy. But currently I am eating dairy like I have all my life with no problems. So certain allergies certainly seem to be adrenal related!

Offline amy

• Adept
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2010, 03:53:52 PM »
Thanks for sharing that HappyWifey  :)  I think the more real experiences we share on here, the better picture we'll have of what's behind these allergies. 

For allergies not related to adrenals:
The thing that causes the most confusion for me is that allergies seem to just pop up with no warning or apparent cause in most cases.  Why do they manifest in childhood for some and not until adulthood for others?  I also wonder if we're actually born with the allergies even though the symptoms don't show up until later, or do they really form later in life in some people?  So many questions...so few answers  :(

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2010, 10:44:51 AM »
Thanks for sharing that HappyWifey  :)  I think the more real experiences we share on here, the better picture we'll have of what's behind these allergies. 

For allergies not related to adrenals:
The thing that causes the most confusion for me is that allergies seem to just pop up with no warning or apparent cause in most cases.  Why do they manifest in childhood for some and not until adulthood for others?  I also wonder if we're actually born with the allergies even though the symptoms don't show up until later, or do they really form later in life in some people?  So many questions...so few answers  :(

Amy, the reason allergies pop up at different times in people's lives is because everyone has a different internal threshhold for inflammation.  Some people's bodies can handle a lot of internal inflammation, some cannot.   Remember, you don't start seeing outward signs until the inside cannot contain the inflammation any longer.  Also, someone with an inherited allergy is going to show it sooner then another who may have developed an allergy due to overuse of a food, gut dysbiosis, etc.  Allergies also seem to show up earlier with each successive generation from what I can tell.   Interestingly, I'm also seeing my food allergies get better with the adrenals improving. 

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.