Remedies & Therapies > Medicinal Herbs & Oils

Does raspberry leaf tea contain any carbohydrates?

(1/1)

stevia mama:
Okay, I've checked several threads on raspberry leaf tea, but could not find anything that mentioned carb intake with this tea.  Does anyone know?  And if the tea does contain carbs, how much per cup of tea?  I'm curious because I started to take it for PMS/hormone balace and became a little sleepy an hour or so later.  It could have just been the fact that I chase after my 10 month old and get pooped out!  I know little about herbs (but learning!), so maybe you herbal experts can help me out.  :)

ALittleMore:

--- Quote from: stevia mama aka Stacy on September 29, 2006, 12:47:28 PM ---Okay, I've checked several threads on raspberry leaf tea, but could not find anything that mentioned carb intake with this tea.  Does anyone know?  And if the tea does contain carbs, how much per cup of tea?  I'm curious because I started to take it for PMS/hormone balace and became a little sleepy an hour or so later.  It could have just been the fact that I chase after my 10 month old and get pooped out!  I know little about herbs (but learning!), so maybe you herbal experts can help me out.  :)

--- End quote ---

Well...don't forget that when we are on our period, our body is naturally working over-time and our hemoglobin is usually weaker during this time of the month. Increasing your natural iron intake (Spirulina is a great source) is a good idea. Also, adding Peppermint leaf to your Red Raspberry tea is an excellent idea, to promote circulation and lend your body some extra energy! ;)

In Nature's Way Red Raspberry Leaf capsules, there is 0.5 gram Carbohydrates in 480 mg of leaf.

ALittleMore:

--- Quote from: stevia mama aka Stacy on September 29, 2006, 01:45:26 PM ---Well...don't forget that when we are on our period, our body is naturally working over-time and our hemoglobin is usually weaker during this time of the month. Increasing your natural iron intake (Spirulina is a great source) is a good idea. Also, adding Peppermint leaf to your Red Raspberry tea is an excellent idea, to promote circulation and lend your body some extra energy! ;)

In Nature's Way Red Raspberry Leaf capsules, there is 0.5 gram Carbohydrates in 480 mg of leaf.

--- Quote ---
--- End quote ---
[/color]

Thank you ALittleMore.  I should say that I'm not as concerned about being sleepy as I am that it's an indicator of the possibility that it's causing my insulin levels to increase.  I am on the Zone Diet and never eat/drink carbs without protein and fat (they slow down the carbs entering the bloodstream).  I do this diet to keep slim and lessen my acne flare-ups.  Anyway, I'm guessing that maybe I'm getting 4-6 grams of carbs with each cup of tea based on your info. on capsules. Anyone else know for sure??  In addition, would this be comparable to juice which enters the bloodstream rapidly? (I avoid all juices).

--- End quote ---

I don't know the answer to this question, however Red Raspberry Leaf is a hormone balancer, so, if anything, I would expect your weight and acne would be affected in a positive way by the tea.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version