Author Topic: eyelash growth  (Read 5359 times)

Offline mommyM

• Adept
eyelash growth
« on: November 17, 2009, 09:25:38 AM »
Has anyone had success with growing longer fuller eyelashes?  Mine seem to be thinning, maybe because of age, I am not sure. 

Offline goatherder

• Wide Eyed
Re: eyelash growth
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 12:03:53 PM »
Conditioning them ? You can buy clear mascara just to condition your lashes. Or you can use a Qtip to apply vaseline on them before you go to bed. It seems like they are at least fuller when conditioning them, but lashes take a long time to grow.

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 01:10:56 PM »
If conditioning were the answer wouldn't it be better to use a non-petroleum product.........maybe vitamin E?  any thoughts?
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 01:22:02 PM »
I used vit E for awhile. Just apply with a Qtip to the edge of the lid at the roots of the lashes.

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 01:39:54 PM »
I used vit E for awhile. Just apply with a Qtip to the edge of the lid at the roots of the lashes.

Did you notice any improvement?
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 05:03:37 AM »

Did you notice any improvement?
At the time my eyelids were really itchy and a little flaky possibly from enviromental causes. The vit E took care of that, and I wasn't tempted to rub my eyes causing damage to the lashes. But, no, I didn't get long curly lashes.  :D

Offline meek

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 06:49:35 PM »
I don't recall where I heard it, but someone told me that castor oil on the lashes at night will make them thicker, darker, and longer looking.  I think I'm going to expirement!

Offline Sassafrass

• Learning
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 05:27:59 PM »
A few drops each mixed every night of castor oil, vitamin D, and vitamin E. it helped mine! Rub on lashes right before bed, since it is a bit greasy.

Offline HerbGirl29

• Learning
    • Nebraska Heritage Turkeys
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 01:38:51 PM »
My lower eyelashes have never been very thick or long, but when I started eating virgin coconut oil every day (maybe a teaspoon) they seemed to start growing in number at least, and maybe even in length.  I don't know why or if it was just a coincidence, but there it is! :)
"People often miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"  Thomas Edison

Offline Jess99

• Learning
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 09:04:41 AM »
I took and old mascara tube, washed it out well, and filled it with a mix of olive oil and vitamin E oil (I used about 2-4 softgel pills). I brush it onto my top and bottom eyelashes every night before bed, and I've seen a GREAT improvement. I've always had good eyelashes, but even so, I've been able to tell a difference.