Author Topic: Bactrim while nursing??  (Read 1460 times)

Offline luvmyemma09

• Wide Eyed
Bactrim while nursing??
« on: October 25, 2009, 03:21:41 AM »
Ok so a couple days ago I had a bite that got infected on my arm and I had the red line go up to my arm pit. So I rushed to the ER and they said it was an infected abscess so they prescribed me Bactrim antibiotics. I even told the doc I was breastfeeding my 8month old and he said oh yeah it's safe. Well I started looking online and I hear that it is not safe. She will not take a bottle she refuses it. I am nervous because I don't want this infection coming back but I don't want anything to happen to my baby girl either. I have been taking bactrim for 2 days now. So any advice would be highly appreciated. I hate taking antibiotics but then people tell me ooh you don't want to mess around with that especially since I had the red line go up my arm.

Holly

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
Re: Bactrim while nursing??
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 03:46:31 AM »
This thread has been locked as there is an already existing thread on the same topic.

http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,25663.msg243550.html#new

When posting a new thread, it will raise to the top of the most recent topics for everyone watching the board to see.  It is not necessary to duplicate topics in different boards to increase visibility.

If you start your thread in the wrong board by mistake or just because you're not sure where to put it, a moderator will move it for you.  ;D
Thanks

~hb

[modedittopic]
  My favorite herb book!!