Author Topic: Blend-Tec?  (Read 2934 times)

Offline mommie

• Master
Blend-Tec?
« on: November 07, 2009, 07:04:55 PM »
Wondering about the Blend tec

Offline mommie

• Master
Re: Blend-Tec?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 07:09:37 PM »
Hmmm that was weird. i was replying on a thread I thought...Oh well..so i'm wondering...I jsut bought a blend-tec and wondering if I should return it?! :) I want to grind grains (kamut, amaranth, quinoa, etc) make nut butters, soups, bbq sauces, salsa (wondering if it has a "keep it chucky" mode? :)), juices and smoothies...ice cream...etc...any thoughts? I got it for $375 vs the $550 for a refurbished vitamix w/ the grain container...

Offline seekingtruth

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 09:38:31 AM »
I have a blend tec- have done most of those things with it.  Don't see why it couldn't handle all of that and more.

Offline mommie

• Master
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 01:01:12 PM »
have you ground amaranth and kamut and quinoa in it or just grain in general?
I heard you have to be careful cause it gets so hot it kills some of the nutrition in the grain...what do you think about that? :)

Offline seekingtruth

• Adept
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 10:21:08 AM »
have you ground amaranth and kamut and quinoa in it or just grain in general?
I heard you have to be careful cause it gets so hot it kills some of the nutrition in the grain...what do you think about that? :)

I don't think it would get it any hotter than my nutrimill would make it.  I think it would handle them just fine- you just aren't going to be able to do a huge amount at one time.  I may just have to try it and see what it does. 

Tammy 

Offline ArmyWife

• Adept
    • the Kirkland Family
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 10:03:25 AM »
A friend was just telling me about hers that she bought at Costco.  She has really enjoyed it.  I would imagine for grinding grains as long as you do it on a lower speed setting it wouldn't get too hot.  Isn't it like the Vita Mix where cold things stay cold, and hot things get hotter (doing it on a very high speed)?  I'm wondering about looking for one of these as well, since it's more affordable than the VM!
Feel free to visit our family blogspot!  http://toddandannakirkland.blogspot.com