Author Topic: Has anyone tried the Instyler?  (Read 4265 times)

Offline westernskys

• Adept
    • Stories from the X-Bar Ranch
Has anyone tried the Instyler?
« on: October 31, 2009, 10:50:09 AM »
I have very rough, stiff hair, and was wondering if anyone has tried the "Instyler", as shown on tv? Of course, they make it sound so wonderful, but as always, I an a confirmed sceptic!  ;)If anyone has tried it, please share.  :)Thanks!
Home is where your husband is.

Offline floydian

• Master
Re: Has anyone tried the Instyler?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 09:38:13 AM »
Is this the one that you can try for $15?

If it is, I looked into it.  You can try it for a non refundable $15.  You are out that and shipping just for trying it.  I think the actual cost is around $120, but your original $15, I believe is included in that.  There is something that says that you get to keep on free.  The product reviews on it said that this is very misleading.

It got mixed reviews.  Some loved it; some hated it.  Most complained of burned fingers until they got used to it. 

Many said that the ceramic flat iron worked just as well if not better.  I think the pricerange for a good ceraminc flat iron is $75.  Most people really like the ceraminc flat iron for $75.  Many preferred it to the Instyler.
And as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me;
For I am His and He is mine—
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

Offline wlwest

• Adept
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 11:03:40 AM »
I wondered about that too, but the whole trial thing turned me off.  On Monday I went and had a brazilian keratin treatment done! It's a new kind with all natural ingredients.   I can't wash my hair until Friday.  uggh   So, I'm not sure how it's going to look yet, right now it's really straight.  My hair is pretty curly, so it's still a shock when I look in the mirror.  ;D

wendy

Offline Farm Wife

• Adept
  • 24 years (still newlyweds) with 2 beautiful boys
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 12:18:01 PM »
I read a quite a few reviews some good some bad. If you don't like it it is near impossible to get a refund and customer service is terible. They also charge more than they say with repeated charges to credit card. Best get one off ebay for a set price.
Ephesian 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God, Not of works lest any man should boast. :)

Offline hacinta

• Learning
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 03:29:57 AM »
Let me preface this with saying I have not tried this product.

I have long curly thick course hair, the best thing I can do for my hair is condition well. Any time I have had my hair straightened or ironed to get the smooth sleek look, it doesn't stay. Further more it looks like I am wearing sombodies hair, a helmet. It just plain looks weird.