Author Topic: Detox + from Bulk Herb Store (and Dr. Schulze Bowel Cleanse)  (Read 48965 times)

Offline DawnsEarlyBirds

• Adept
Re: Detox + from Bulk Herb Store (and Dr. Schulze Bowel Cleanse)
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2010, 03:41:21 PM »
Hey HB!  Been a while since I have been on here.

What do you mean that your mother "didn't take enough to bind the toxins" - do you have to increase the amount over time or can you just take the same amount over a longer time?  I've been using for the past few weeks - not seeing a whole lot of changes, but then again, don't have a specific issue I am trying to cure. 

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2010, 05:17:16 AM »
Hey HB!  Been a while since I have been on here.

What do you mean that your mother "didn't take enough to bind the toxins" - do you have to increase the amount over time or can you just take the same amount over a longer time?  I've been using for the past few weeks - not seeing a whole lot of changes, but then again, don't have a specific issue I am trying to cure. 
i mean she took a couple of small spoonfuls over a span of a couple three days.  she's so toxic, i think she knocked some stuff lose and didn't get it all out of her body.  i don't really know--i'm no doctor or scientist.  i just know that the first round did her some good--i witnessed the difference and now she's getting worse and refuses to take more than that couple of spoonfuls she took a few weeks ago.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline DawnsEarlyBirds

• Adept
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2010, 04:27:44 PM »

i mean she took a couple of small spoonfuls over a span of a couple three days.  she's so toxic, i think she knocked some stuff lose and didn't get it all out of her body.  i don't really know--i'm no doctor or scientist.  i just know that the first round did her some good--i witnessed the difference and now she's getting worse and refuses to take more than that couple of spoonfuls she took a few weeks ago.

Must say, I can understand.  I used a whole pound of it, but never got over the dread of taking it.  I mixed it with an orange flavored fiber mix AND some tart cherry syrup.  It was just the texture that was awful.  Have another friend who took it and thought nothing of it.  Too bad it  doesn't work in capsules.

Offline DawnsEarlyBirds

• Adept
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2010, 08:48:59 AM »

Must say, I can understand.  I used a whole pound of it, but never got over the dread of taking it.  I mixed it with an orange flavored fiber mix AND some tart cherry syrup.  It was just the texture that was awful.  Have another friend who took it and thought nothing of it.  Too bad it  doesn't work in capsules.

WELL, I should have read this entire thread so you could all TELL ME that I could have used capsules!!!!!!  Now I am going to go back to the BHS, buy more Detox+, buy the capsule machine thingy, buy the bigger capsules, and take this gunk in several does over the day.  And I better do it quick, as I bought the Yell and Tell book on Amazon and get the BHS discount.  I admit, I love BHS!

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2010, 04:04:11 PM »
No, you can't take the detox + in capsules.  You have to take it in powdered form.  :-\
Wife for 11 years, Mommy to 3 rambunctious boys!!  :)  Lover of Jesus, my hubby, my kids, and learning!
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://glutenfreegoose.blogspot.com/

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2010, 05:59:28 PM »
No, you can't take the detox + in capsules.  You have to take it in powdered form.  :-\

why do you say that?  i have used it just like Dr. Schulze's Formula #2 and encapsulated it.  it still worked the same as far as i could tell. 
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2010, 03:44:09 AM »

why do you say that?  i have used it just like Dr. Schulze's Formula #2 and encapsulated it.  it still worked the same as far as i could tell. 

If you scroll down to the bottom of the description, it says "detox + cannot be encapsulated."
http://www.bulkherbstore.com/Detox-Plus

Wife for 11 years, Mommy to 3 rambunctious boys!!  :)  Lover of Jesus, my hubby, my kids, and learning!

Offline DawnsEarlyBirds

• Adept
« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2010, 05:27:15 PM »
Am I understanding correctly by reading Shoshanna's instructions on the BHS site, that one should NOT encapsulate Detox+?

I called BHS and they told me okay to encapsulate.  So I did.  Seems to be working for my DS. 

If you go back to page one of this thread you see this.  There is also something about someone else called BHS and they said encapsulating for kids was a great way to go.  I know that I wouldn't do it again if I had to just make the powder drinks.  It was torturous for me.  This time I plan to encapsulate and then take it in doses through the day, instead of taking it all at once just to get it over with!

Offline abbilynn

• Master
    • Visit my blog!
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2010, 04:41:16 AM »
Am I understanding correctly by reading Shoshanna's instructions on the BHS site, that one should NOT encapsulate Detox+?

I called BHS and they told me okay to encapsulate.  So I did.  Seems to be working for my DS. 

If you go back to page one of this thread you see this.  There is also something about someone else called BHS and they said encapsulating for kids was a great way to go.  I know that I wouldn't do it again if I had to just make the powder drinks.  It was torturous for me.  This time I plan to encapsulate and then take it in doses through the day, instead of taking it all at once just to get it over with!

I just figured they said it couldn't be encapsulated bc of the whole flax seeds.  Seems like those would be difficult to get in the capsules, and then you'd have to take a ton of capsules to get a good dosage of it.  The grittiness of it is kinda yuck, but we drank it in OJ and that hid the taste really well.  My kids didn't mind it at all that way.  But if it works for you then it's definitely better to do it that way than not at all.  ;) :D

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2010, 05:42:06 AM »

I just figured they said it couldn't be encapsulated bc of the whole flax seeds.  Seems like those would be difficult to get in the capsules, and then you'd have to take a ton of capsules to get a good dosage of it.  The grittiness of it is kinda yuck, but we drank it in OJ and that hid the taste really well.  My kids didn't mind it at all that way.  But if it works for you then it's definitely better to do it that way than not at all.  ;) :D

i encapsulated it for myself; however, I was taking 50 pills per day (total of 500 pills).  if you did it according to shoshanna's directions, you'd be taking much less.  this might make a difference in how "even" the stuff works out.  the flax seeds to make things a bit uneven, but overall as much as i was taking, i don't think it made a bit of difference.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline Rikki

• Adept
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2010, 06:05:01 PM »
I have also put it in capsules with great success!
Wow, HB, I haven't been on in forever and I remember the results you got from the bowel cleanse. I am so happy you are still doing so great! I LOVE the Schulze bowel cleanse, we have had such awesome results as well. It is nice to get the detox+ cheaper, but I always keep the formula #1 in stock bc I love the results.

Offline heavenbound1882

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2011, 06:53:08 PM »
I just bought the colon clease kit from BHS and was wondering what to expect after I take the first dose.  I've never done a cleanse before and I'm a bit nervous.  Thanks!

Offline jessica

• Adept
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2011, 11:45:04 AM »
Is it ok to do this cleanse while pregnant?  I am 6 1/2 months.  I have been so sick during this pregnancy with just one thing after another, and I cannot seem to get over the 1st trimester nausea. 
Jessica

Offline Sassafrass

• Learning
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2011, 10:18:29 AM »
If you're pregnant, I'd simply use the bentonite clay in a capsule. It actually works quite well on both illness and nausea. Your body will naturally work on the detox, but the clay will pull and urge it out of the body.
Plenty of water while taking. And the plain bentonite is safe to use.
Red rasberry tea also works wonders for those expecting. God Bless!

Offline wlwest

• Adept
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2011, 06:31:34 AM »
Can someone tell me if it's ok to take the dr.schultzes bowel detox's capsules apart and put the contents in the water to drink it?  I started the cleanse a while ago, but stopped because I just can't take all those pills.  I didn't realize that I could of ordered it in powdered form.  Can I just empty those pills into water and drink it?

thanks
wendy

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2011, 03:42:35 PM »
Can someone tell me if it's ok to take the dr.schultzes bowel detox's capsules apart and put the contents in the water to drink it?  I started the cleanse a while ago, but stopped because I just can't take all those pills.  I didn't realize that I could of ordered it in powdered form.  Can I just empty those pills into water and drink it?

thanks
wendy
yes
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline robjengrace

• Learning
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2011, 12:39:07 PM »
Am I allergic to Dr. Schulze's5 day bowel detox?

Let me explain... I followed the directions for the cleanse and took one of the intestinal formula #1 right after dinner 2days ago. After breakfast (smoothie with coconut milk, spinach, blueberries, banana) the next morning I had major diarrhea which continued all day long right after I ate anything. That night I developed a headache. I went ahead and took one intestinal formula #1 because I had planned to start intestinal formula #2 the next day (today). My headache got progressively worse throughout the evening and by the time I went to bed it was a migraine. I couldn't sleep for 2 hours so I took 2 tylenol. The headache was explosive and was right above my left eye. After much prayer and with a cold wash cloth over my eyes I finally got to sleep. I did wake up this morning with a tiny headache. I delayed the formula #2 because of changes I had to make in my schedule today. It is around supper time now and my headache is starting to grow.  :-[ Will starting the #2 help because it will soak up toxins? Could I be having an allergic reaction to the #1? Has anyone had a reaction like this? Is it normal? I should mention that I had around 88 ounces of water or more throughout the day yesterday.
Any help/advice would be appreciated!

Offline Redheadedmama

• Learning
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2016, 03:29:58 AM »
I been taking it since last Thursday , It has worked from day 1. I have always been irregular over the years and I feel so much better and not so bloated too! I'm going to order some bulk herb fiber Friday to take with it.   ;D ;D
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 03:35:51 AM by Redheadedmama »