Author Topic: Detox + from Bulk Herb Store (and Dr. Schulze Bowel Cleanse)  (Read 47739 times)

Offline orcuttranch

• Adept
Re: Detox + from Bulk Herb Store (and Dr. Schulze Bowel Cleanse)
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2010, 08:46:00 AM »
Why does BHS say to take more fiber with the Detox+?  I would think that it has enough fiber by itself.
it does NOT have enough fiber.  experience has shown me.  you need alot of extra fiber to help push through the amount of charcoal and especially clay through your digestive tract.  clay will expand to several times it's volume when water is added.

We just got ours and I started this morning.  Hubby is doing it with me, but he wasn't home this morning.  :-)  I did 1 TBSP of the Detox+ and 1 TBSP psyllium husks with it.  From reading, I think I am going to switch it up and do smaller amounts 3 times a day or so instead, but for today, is that enough fiber?  Should I keep doing more fiber throughout the day even though the Detox+ is done for today?  Or should I only take the fiber as often as I take the Detox+?  Any thoughts?

HB - that is such great news about your mom!!  I have been very encouraged reading this thread!

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
    • wouldn't you like to know?
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2010, 09:22:18 AM »
Why does BHS say to take more fiber with the Detox+?  I would think that it has enough fiber by itself.
it does NOT have enough fiber.  experience has shown me.  you need alot of extra fiber to help push through the amount of charcoal and especially clay through your digestive tract.  clay will expand to several times it's volume when water is added.

We just got ours and I started this morning.  Hubby is doing it with me, but he wasn't home this morning.  :-)  I did 1 TBSP of the Detox+ and 1 TBSP psyllium husks with it.  From reading, I think I am going to switch it up and do smaller amounts 3 times a day or so instead, but for today, is that enough fiber?  Should I keep doing more fiber throughout the day even though the Detox+ is done for today?  Or should I only take the fiber as often as I take the Detox+?  Any thoughts?

HB - that is such great news about your mom!!  I have been very encouraged reading this thread!
monitor and change your fiber intake according to your normal bathroom habits.  if they are normally healthy and regular and do not continue to be, then you're not getting enough fiber.  if you are normally constipated, then you'll need enough fiber to make you go easily 2-3 times each day.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline orcuttranch

• Adept
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2010, 05:34:20 AM »
Thank you!  That was fast!  I actually read this yesterday, but had to run, so didn't post the thank you.   :)

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2010, 04:00:59 AM »
ok, i've been using the Dr. Schulze #2 for a little over 24 hours.  baby is fussier right after & during feeding.  he squirms around a lot, slurps & gulps a lot, and it's hard to tell cuz he was already gassy, but it seems he has more. and he still burps for hours after eating & a lot of times burps get stuck. we've been using fennel seed tea some.  my hubby is encouraging me to continue, thinking that at some point he will start to improve.  i am wondering if it is the cayenne pepper in the formula?  i just ordered BHS detox+ & it doesn't have the cayenne.  hoping that change will help him not be so fussy.  any thoughts on any of the other herbs that could be bothering him?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 04:16:45 AM by 4myhoonie »
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

YoopreMama

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2010, 04:19:32 AM »
I just did #2 a month ago and m/b the first day was affecting him similarly, but he actually improved as I took it.

I don't think cayenne would do anything like that?

Are you using the #1 to stay regular?

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2010, 09:59:25 AM »
I just did #2 a month ago and m/b the first day was affecting him similarly, but he actually improved as I took it.

I don't think cayenne would do anything like that?

Are you using the #1 to stay regular?

ok, i'm taking fiber instead like HB did,  cuz i thought with all the spices in the #1 that might make him fussy.  hmmm......well, i had taken some this am, but started to chicken out cuz he really seems so different from his usual self.  he gets so mad when i try to burp him, and won't look at us and smile after nursing like he was.  he seems to be in pain and just goes off to sleep with me holding him.  won't be put down to sleep either.  i will keep it up and see if tomorrow is any better.  thanks!

how old is your little guy? Paxton is 7 weeks.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

YoopreMama

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2010, 11:08:24 AM »
ok, i'm taking fiber instead like HB did,  cuz i thought with all the spices in the #1 that might make him fussy.  hmmm......well, i had taken some this am, but started to chicken out cuz he really seems so different from his usual self.  he gets so mad when i try to burp him, and won't look at us and smile after nursing like he was.  he seems to be in pain and just goes off to sleep with me holding him.  won't be put down to sleep either.  i will keep it up and see if tomorrow is any better.  thanks!

how old is your little guy? Paxton is 7 weeks.
22 months.

If you're not *really* going, he could be clogged up, too.  One possibility, anyway.  Hope it improves.  :-*

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2010, 12:11:37 PM »
he was going really good yesterday, but today we are both a little slower.  i wonder if the fiber will be enough for us, but will take extra tonight.  big difference in the babies' ages too. 

YoopreMama

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2010, 06:56:27 AM »
After looking at the ingredients for #1 and #2, I'd think the stuff in #1 could be more troublesome for a little one:

"CuraƧao & Cape Aloe Leaf, Senna Leaf & Pod, Cascara Sagrada Aged Bark, Oregon Grape Root, Hawaiian Yellow Ginger Root, Garlic Bulb, Habanero Peppers"

I would think cramping could be a possibility here.

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2010, 07:02:20 AM »
ok, i've been using the Dr. Schulze #2 for a little over 24 hours.  baby is fussier right after & during feeding.  he squirms around a lot, slurps & gulps a lot, and it's hard to tell cuz he was already gassy, but it seems he has more. and he still burps for hours after eating & a lot of times burps get stuck. we've been using fennel seed tea some.  my hubby is encouraging me to continue, thinking that at some point he will start to improve.  i am wondering if it is the cayenne pepper in the formula?  i just ordered BHS detox+ & it doesn't have the cayenne.  hoping that change will help him not be so fussy.  any thoughts on any of the other herbs that could be bothering him?

I actually think the BHS cleanse would be better with feeding baby.  The ingredients in it seem much less harsh.  We had good success with DS with it.  The only fiber I used was a tbls of acacia fiber in applesauce.  DS didn't need anymore; but he goes a lot anyway.  So maybe you would need more.

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2010, 07:14:50 AM »
what is acacia fiber & what's it taste like? where do you get it? 

anxious for my order to come from BHS Tuesday, really hope it works without making him fussy!

i drastically decreased my dosage on the #2 & he's pooping lots now!  ;D

YoopreMama

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2010, 07:18:40 AM »
Detox +:  Bentonite clay powder, apple fruit pectin, flax seed, psyllium seed, slippery elm bark powder, marshmallow root powder, bilberry fruit powder, peppermint leaf powder, activated charcoal powder.

Schulze's #2:  Flax Seed, Pharmaceutical-Grade Bentonite Clay, Apple Pectin, Activated Willow Charcoal, Marshmallow Root, Psyllium Seed, Slippery Elm Bark, Peppermint Leaf, Cayenne Pepper Blend

Patti--what are the differences, as you see them, b/w the 2?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 07:21:15 AM by Kitty »

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2010, 08:21:45 AM »
Detox +:  Bentonite clay powder, apple fruit pectin, flax seed, psyllium seed, slippery elm bark powder, marshmallow root powder, bilberry fruit powder, peppermint leaf powder, activated charcoal powder.

Schulze's #2:  Flax Seed, Pharmaceutical-Grade Bentonite Clay, Apple Pectin, Activated Willow Charcoal, Marshmallow Root, Psyllium Seed, Slippery Elm Bark, Peppermint Leaf, Cayenne Pepper Blend

Patti--what are the differences, as you see them, b/w the 2?

I was thinking the amounts of each ingredient.  Wondering if there's more of some ingredients in Dr. Schulze's that make it more aggravating to baby?  May not be, but if #2 has more of each thing or something stronger of one thing then another it could be more aggravating to baby.  I would think cayenne would be horribly aggravating to a baby.  Ingredients are usually listed according to what there is more of.  The flax seed to me, would cause more gas, burps, etc.  #2 has more of it, if it's posted as most ingredients are with it having more then detox+.  So it could just be the amounts of each ingredient combined that are an issue for baby. 

Maybe not.  Was just my thought - but I didn't type that very well the first time did I?    ::) :P :-\

patti
For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed unto him against that day.

Offline crystal

• Adept
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2010, 02:53:07 PM »
I think that dh has LGS.   We are starting Detox+ ASAP.  I am wondering if I should give him probiotics and GSE in amongst the Detox+  OR should I wait until we are through with the cleanse?  What about other supplements like milk thistle seed for his liver and CLO?  Should he take these while doing the cleanse.  I am uncertain if I should give him a lot of things  at one time or spread it out.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2010, 04:31:03 PM »
I think that dh has LGS.   We are starting Detox+ ASAP.  I am wondering if I should give him probiotics and GSE in amongst the Detox+  OR should I wait until we are through with the cleanse?  What about other supplements like milk thistle seed for his liver and CLO?  Should he take these while doing the cleanse.  I am uncertain if I should give him a lot of things  at one time or spread it out.
Detox + will pull other things out.  Probably best to do it first and everything else later.  if he needs vitamins, cod liver oil and such, take these 3 hours or more before the detox+ each day.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2010, 03:41:00 AM »
ALSO:  Just for a frame of reference for you.  I took 1 lb over the course of 10 days.  For one of the cleanses, I encapsulated enough for my entire cleanse.  Using the larger size capsules, I made 500 to last the entire 10 days, taking 10 per dose 5 times per day (50 pills per day).  This was equivalent to the amounts recommended on Dr. Schulze's 5 day cleanse.  I think this is optimum, but I am finding from my mother's experience, that some variance may be needed and I think any amount is helpful even if it's not quite enough.  A second cleanse can always be done at a later time if you didn't quite kick it the first time.

so how much did you take per dose & how many times per day to make the one lb. last for 10 days? 

Offline mykidsmom

• Guru
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2010, 04:52:35 AM »
ALSO:  Just for a frame of reference for you.  I took 1 lb over the course of 10 days.  For one of the cleanses, I encapsulated enough for my entire cleanse.  Using the larger size capsules, I made 500 to last the entire 10 days, taking 10 per dose 5 times per day (50 pills per day).  This was equivalent to the amounts recommended on Dr. Schulze's 5 day cleanse.  I think this is optimum, but I am finding from my mother's experience, that some variance may be needed and I think any amount is helpful even if it's not quite enough.  A second cleanse can always be done at a later time if you didn't quite kick it the first time.

so how much did you take per dose & how many times per day to make the one lb. last for 10 days? 

I'm not HB, but thought I'd tell you how I did it for my DS.  BHS recommends 1 tbls for adults and 1/2 that for children per day.  I took the 1/2 tbls for my DS and put it on my capsule maker (capsules in place).  Filled as many capsules as I could with it and then calculated from there how many capsules I would need per day.   It ended up being 12 capsules per day for my DS.  I assume that would mean 24 per day for an adult using "00" capsules.  It worked out really well and we had plenty.  The 1/2 lb from BHS only used half for DS so I would imagine it would take the entire 1/2 lb for an adult (although it looks like HB used more).  I used BHS recommendations, not Dr. Schulze so that could be the difference. 

patti

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2010, 04:55:49 AM »

1 heaping tsp 5 times per day just like Dr. Schulze.
  My favorite herb book!!

Offline 4myhoonie

• Guru
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2010, 05:23:26 PM »
ha! thanks ladies! my hubby is just getting started & we were thinking 1 T 5 times a day! big difference!  :D ::)

Offline orcuttranch

• Adept
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2010, 06:48:35 PM »
ha! thanks ladies! my hubby is just getting started & we were thinking 1 T 5 times a day! big difference!  :D ::)

HA!  My hubby did that.  We've been on it now for 9 days.  When we started, I told him to do one teaspoon three times a day.  I found out a few days later that he had been doing a tablespoon 3 times a day from the get go.  He just used the spoon in the jar, but didn't bother to check to see what the size was.  :D  Didn't seem to bother him any.  But we did have a good laugh about that one. 

Offline DHW

• Adept
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2010, 05:11:33 PM »
HB, do you have another update on your mom?  Anyone else have additional experience with Detox+?  Has anyone used it for an extended period of time, say over 4 weeks, maybe with a break between cleanses?

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2010, 08:12:16 AM »
My husband used it 4x. I think he did 10 days the first time, but we felt that was a bit long. He now uses it for 3-5 days depending on why he's using it with several weeks (2-4) break in between. I'd recommend not more than one detox cycle per month.
He's feeling so good!!

This formula works really well for "cleaning up" the body after illness or a lapse in diet such as when traveling. 1-3 days is great. Just follow it up with nourishing foods and whole food supplements for rebuilding.

Offline DHW

• Adept
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2010, 03:29:53 PM »
boysmama, is dh using 1 tbsp per day?  Why did 10 days seem too long?

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2010, 03:26:35 PM »
boysmama, is dh using 1 tbsp per day?  Why did 10 days seem too long?
He uses a heaping tsp. each dose. Some days he gets it 3x which makes about a tbsp. Sometimes 5x which would be more. Often, if he takes it just to "clean up" after eating away from home it's just 2 doses- morning and evening.

We noticed that after 6 days or so he seemed to be nutrient deficient---not hydrating even while drinking plenty of water and hydration formulas, and magnesium deficiencies symptoms even while supplementing with magnesium.
By day 10 digestion was definitely impaired even though fecal movement was good. It took several days with enzyme and probiotic supplementation to get digestion back on track.

Offline DHW

• Adept
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2010, 05:40:36 PM »
Thanks!  That is very helpful.

Offline mommyjen

• Adept
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2010, 05:18:07 PM »
Awhile ago I ordered some charcoal and bentonite clay from the BHS (they were out of the detox +) and I'd like to use it but was wondering about dosage. The BHS was so kind to send me this info that I thought would be helpful to others:

"Throw in some clay, some charcoal, some flax seed and some psyllium and whatever other herbs you think are necessary.  Mix well and put in capsules.  In her 2nd video Shoshanna, mixes about equal parts of charcoal, clay, psyllium and flax for suspending in water to drink...Also, be sure you get enough fiber.  If you take your mixture (whatever it is) and you're not regular in the bathroom, you'll cause more problems than you solve."

Q. Does anyone know how many of the capsules I should take a day and how often?

They kindly offered to answer anymore questions I have, but I thought I would ask here first. I would greatly appreciate any advice! Thank you.
Billy's wife and mom to John, Charles, Gilbert, and Lewis.

Offline DHW

• Adept
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2010, 04:21:14 PM »
I used '0' capsules and was able to fill 5 for every teaspoon of Detox+.  Depends on how much you want to take, but Shoshanna recommended 1-2 tbsp per day.  For me that would be 15-30 capsules a day in divided doses.

I think HB said she took about 50 capsules a day (10 capsules, 5x daily).  It was equivalent to a heaping teaspoon 5 times a day for 10 days.  It used up the entire pound.

There are about 20 tbsp in a pound of Detox+, enough for about 300 size '0' capsules - up to 10 days worth.

Size '00' would make about half the number of filled capsules since they hold almost twice as much.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 08:48:05 AM by DHW »

Offline LittleMolly

• Learning
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2010, 09:59:08 AM »
i started the detox + last sunday so i've been doing it for 11 days. i've been taking a tbs in juice once a day-sometimes first thing in the morning, sometimes before supper. i was planning on doing it till i ran out.
i am doing it to try and get my body healthy enough to get pregnant. have been trying for years... i don't know of any specific toxins. i'm just trying everything i can think of.
two more questions: i should ovulate by this weekend-should i lay off the detox+ and wait until i start to start taking it again? or it doesn't really matter? is it more beneficial to take it consistently over a long period of time or to stop and start with a few weeks in between? i was just going by shoshanna's story...

I was just wondering if you got an answer about if it's ok to detox during your fertile period?  If you did get pregnant that cycle and you're detoxing is it somehow harmful to the pregnancy?  I was going to buy mine soon but am TTC also so wondering if it's better to wait?  I'd love to start Detox+ asap so I'm good to go for pregnancy when it does happen.  :)

Also wondering if I should continue taking my SuperMoms while I detox or not?  Don't wanna waste them if they're just going to be flushed out!   ;)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 10:45:34 AM by LittleMolly »

Offline mommyjen

• Adept
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2010, 02:23:39 PM »
i started the detox + last sunday so i've been doing it for 11 days. i've been taking a tbs in juice once a day-sometimes first thing in the morning, sometimes before supper. i was planning on doing it till i ran out.
i am doing it to try and get my body healthy enough to get pregnant. have been trying for years... i don't know of any specific toxins. i'm just trying everything i can think of.
two more questions: i should ovulate by this weekend-should i lay off the detox+ and wait until i start to start taking it again? or it doesn't really matter? is it more beneficial to take it consistently over a long period of time or to stop and start with a few weeks in between? i was just going by shoshanna's story...

I was just wondering if you got an answer about if it's ok to detox during your fertile period?  If you did get pregnant that cycle and you're detoxing is it somehow harmful to the pregnancy?  I was going to buy mine soon but am TTC also so wondering if it's better to wait?  I'd love to start Detox+ asap so I'm good to go for pregnancy when it does happen.  :)

Also wondering if I should continue taking my SuperMoms while I detox or not?  Don't wanna waste them if they're just going to be flushed out!   ;)

A detox will pull valuable nutrients from your body, no matter how gentle is is. You will need to give yourself a period of nourishing yourself after the cleanse before ttc. I've read at least three months.
Billy's wife and mom to John, Charles, Gilbert, and Lewis.

Offline healthybratt

• administrator
  • Administrator
  • Guru
  • administrator
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2010, 04:28:16 AM »
HB, do you have another update on your mom?  Anyone else have additional experience with Detox+?  Has anyone used it for an extended period of time, say over 4 weeks, maybe with a break between cleanses?
i saw all kinds of improvement with my mother.  i encouraged her to take a break of a few weeks to make sure she didn't get too malnourished and then do a second round.  unfortunately, she only took a spoonful the second time.  i think she didn't take enough to bind the toxins and so she became very sick (vomiting) and chickened out.  she has no intentions of doing any more;however, i watched her go from a complete invalid to washing her own dishes, vaccuming her own floor, etc.  she was improving by leaps and bounds, but refused to give up her medications, so after several months began to decline again.

i am convinced that detox+ helps with fibromyalgia, but it's a true leap of faith.  the good news is that detox+ is cheap, easy and it can't hurt no matter what you've got wrong with you.  i've already seen it heal dermographism, eczema, and other digestive issues.  so long as you're able to stick with it, i would recommend it to anyone who has health issues.
  My favorite herb book!!