Author Topic: constant headache  (Read 10422 times)

Offline yanceysemdj

• Learning
constant headache
« on: October 18, 2009, 06:41:32 PM »
I'm trying to figure out the cause of my constant headaches, and need some help!! I am 19 and have had constant headaches for four years. By constant I mean it is there when I wake up and there when i go to bed everyday. My parents have helped me in trying everything we could possibly think of... I've seen four chiropractors, MRI, food allergies, herbalist, neurologist, nerve blocks, orthodontics, candida, chealation, cranial sacral therapy, massage therapy, and an all raw food diet, I've tried different pillows and mattresses, and have had an air purifier in my bedroom.  My family eats pretty healthy to start with, and don't use any chemical detergents. I've also tried every pain reliever at the health food store (fever few etc.).  I'm probably forgetting somethings too.

I would love to hear any new ideas anyone might have, thank you!!

Through Christ,
Elizabeth,
  Prov 3:5-7

Happy to be Mrs. Yancey and mom to Stephan 20, Elizabeth 19, Matthew 17, David 5, James - waiting for us in the arms of our Saviour, Anna 2, Faith- with the Lord, and ?? (anticipated January 2010)

Offline HappyWifey

• Adept
    • Rejoicing Evermore
Re: constant headache
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 11:56:26 AM »
How much water are you drinking? You should be drinking 1 oz of water for every pound of half your weight. I think that is how it is.. Perhaps someone can correct me... I am 145lb and should be drinking nearly a gallon of water a day. I recommend distilled.

Also I have found that red raspberry leaf tea and activated charcoal quickly get rid of most of my headaches.

Offline yanceysemdj

• Learning
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 01:57:38 PM »
Thank you! I do drink a lot of water, 3-4 quarts a day (145#). I have done Calcium Bentonite Clay. Is that the same thing as the charcoal?
Happy to be Mrs. Yancey and mom to Stephan 20, Elizabeth 19, Matthew 17, David 5, James - waiting for us in the arms of our Saviour, Anna 2, Faith- with the Lord, and ?? (anticipated January 2010)

Offline HappyWifey

• Adept
    • Rejoicing Evermore
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 09:24:51 PM »
No, Activated Charcoal is actual charcoal, but it has been activated, by a certain process. As far as I know it would only help if your headaches were from poisoning (chemicals) or cleansing. Which is usually my headaches.   :-\

Has anyone in your family had a history of headaches like that?

Offline daisey

• Master
  • Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 09:23:53 AM »
I have headaches frequently although not constant.   Still, over the years they have become a HEADACHE to deal with.   ;D    My sister recently sent me an article on inhaling steam..............this gal suffered from Migranes and the Dr. suggested steaming.   She didn't notice a difference until she had been doing this for about a month.    She started out steaming 3-4 times a day then cut back to twice a day after a month.   She said she doesn't get the headaches anymore.   I personally haven't tried it yet but hope to when I am done with all the fall canning.   If you try it let us know if it works.
Be Still my soul, the Lord is on Thy Side

Offline floydian

• Master
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 09:59:03 AM »
In general, if you wake up in the morning with a headache, it's because of a food allergy/intolerance.

If you develop a headache during the day, you could:
Be dehydrated
Have thyroid problems
Need glasses
Need sunglasses
Or have problems with your neck which lead to headaches.  A chiropractor can really help with this one.

Common food intolerances/allergies:
Milk/dairy
Chocolate
MSG
gluten
tomatoes
Liver (OK, I made that one up, but it's usually nice to see a food that you DON"T like on a list.)  :D

I mentioned the chiropractor earlier, but I know chiropractors have really been known to help people with frequent headaches.

I know when I removed milk and MSG from my diet, 90% of my headaches went away. 

And as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me;
For I am His and He is mine—
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

Offline HappyWifey

• Adept
    • Rejoicing Evermore
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 11:41:23 AM »
I just read in a magazine about a company that makes a product that they are so confident about that you don't have to pay until it actually works. I think it was www.stopheadachesnow.com I'll have to double check.

Floydian, I LOVE liver.  ;D We bread it and then fry it in bacon grease topped with lots of bacon and onions. SO SO yummy! One of our favorite meals, and the rare times we have pork!

Oh that reminds me... DH gets a headache every time he eats pork.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 11:42:57 AM by HappyWifey »

Offline yanceysemdj

• Learning
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 05:12:37 PM »
Thanks everyone for the input I will try anything!!

My mom had a lot of really bad headaches when she was younger, but not like i have and she doesn't remember much about it.

I briefly looked at the link about headache cures. (Thanks for posting it) They are claiming to have a great product. Anybody know any more about it??

Any specifics on the steaming?

About the food allergies, I had a blood test that showed everything I was allergic to and then completely avoided those foods for 12 weeks (with no change). I will say that the blood test was great in that I knew exactly what not to eat instead trying to figure it out on my own because it is nearly imposable since a lot of foods can have a delayed reaction.

Offline floydian

• Master
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2009, 04:37:25 AM »
From my understanding, many people are allergic/have intolerances to foods that do not show up in allergy testing.

I believe milk/dairy to be one of those.  Another is MSG.  MSG is not always labeled as MSG in foods.

If some food allergies showed up in your testing, it probably means that you have more than did not show up. 
And as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me;
For I am His and He is mine—
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

Offline Dixiemom

• Adept
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2009, 04:58:20 AM »
Hi!  I have struggled with headaches for years too, so I am very sorry you are going through this.

You said that you have tried everything at the healthfood store, but I wanted to make sure that you tried calcium/magnesium.  Sometimes headaches are caused by a magnesium deficiency.

Also, Have you been to see a good dentist?  There is a device that they can fit you with to correct your bite during the night.  I have a friend who suffered from daily migraines and this was all he needed.
This is not my dentist, but this website explains this:  http://www.dentalgentlecare.com/headache_hope.htm#signs

Headaches are very complicated and can come from so many different sources that it can be hard to fight them.  I hope you find a solution that works for you!!!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 05:36:16 AM by Dixiemom »

Offline ladyhen

• Master
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2009, 05:38:14 AM »
Just want to pipe up with yet another possible cause for headaches.  I had terrible headaches for several years when I had untreated adrenal exhaustion.  When my adrenal glands failed a few years ago, I had constant headaches until my doc diagnosed and prescribed supplements.
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;    Titus 2:13

Offline yanceysemdj

• Learning
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2009, 11:28:28 AM »
That's interesting, something I've never thought of. How did you know that's what it was? What were the supplements you took?

Offline yanceysemdj

• Learning
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2009, 11:49:59 AM »
Oh, and I did see a dentist a few years after I got my braces off and they did make me a sort of device to prevent clenching my teeth and correct my bite. Actually though I don't have a lot of faith in the particular dentist, or the way his treatment worked. Just something made me think he wasn't very qualified.

Thanks again for all the suggestions, it's greatly appreciated!

Offline daisey

• Master
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2009, 12:24:54 PM »
Regarding steaming............in the article it said to breathe deeply of the steam about 10-12 times 3-4 times a day.   It said she even got relief when she had a headache after she had been doing it awhile.   She said it took about a month for her to notice any improvement.   HTH

Offline jsm

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2011, 12:58:03 AM »
my wife suffers headaches 24/7 aswell.i;me trying to find out why.for those people that suffer the same illness just wondering the water you dink is it filtered distilled or reverse osmosis.

Offline daisey

• Master
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2011, 06:51:49 AM »
I just drink well water.......wish I had a Berkley Filter though.

Offline jsm

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2011, 01:19:21 PM »
du tou suffer constant headaches
we drink distilled water so in a nutshell reying to figure out if its the water we drink
they say distilled water leaches out minerals, not convinced of that.

Offline daisey

• Master
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2011, 02:27:14 PM »
I do not suffer from constant headaches........just very often.
I would have to agree that distilled water does leach out minerals.   It is OK for a period of time but not for long term. 

Offline jsm

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2011, 02:40:27 PM »
it's a tough topic  ther's so much info that it's hard to determine fact.
anyone else suffer constanbt headaches love to hear an appreciate all responses.
thanks to all
i'me determined to figure out why

Offline jsm

• Wide Eyed
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2011, 10:26:57 PM »
Anyone else out there with a constant headache 24/7