Author Topic: Yeast in throat of teen  (Read 4993 times)

Offline tropix

• Learning
Yeast in throat of teen
« on: October 14, 2009, 04:16:07 PM »
I did a search for yeast in throat and did not find anything about it...so I am going to have to ask...what causes yeast in the throat...and maybe this isn't yeast?!

My 14 year old has had white spots on her throat for a couple of months. Her throat doesn't hurt so I know it is not strep. She has had itchy patches of skin before, particularly on her stomach off and on most of her life, that we have been told is yeast (though she never has typical female yeast infections). So, I am assuming this must be yeast in her mouth. I don't think it has shown up here before now.

This is gross-- but she can scrape it off with her nail. There is just usually a spot or two. But the places where the spots were leave a little pock mark. So, her tonsils aren't looking very pretty!

It's been one of those things that she has brought up about once a month for the last couple of months and then I manage to forget to buy stuff to treat it. We do eat a lot of yogurt here; apparently not enough!

I finally remembered to get some garlic and I am having her take high doses of that, along with some pro-biotics. She is also gargling  with colloidal silver. This has only been for a few days. Just wondering if I am doing enough? Is this the sign of something more serious? Any other suggestions?

Thanks for any advice!

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
Re: Yeast in throat of teen
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 05:17:23 PM »
This sounds like tonsoliths or tonsil stones.
Read more about it here.
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php/topic,3398.0.html

Offline tropix

• Learning
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 08:59:03 AM »
Well, I looked up tonsil stones and that doesn't appear to be the case. The pictures do not look like my daughter's throat. Her throat looks just like the spots for strep. The spots are not hard. The pictures appeared to be hard and encased or something. She describes them as firm but she cans mush them. Maybe someone that has had some experience with them can let me know if the pictures are misleading and that is actually what she may have.

If anyone has any other thoughts, please let me know!

Thanks for trying to help!

Offline floydian

• Master
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 09:26:06 AM »
You could do a yeast cleanse for a couple of weeks.  Try an anti yeast diet and something like yeast assassin, black walnut, or olive leaf extract.  That would get rid of it if it's yeast.  And if it's not yeast, it's still a great cleanse and might work anyway.

The anti candida diet is probably on the home page already.  If not, and you can't find it in the search engine, let us know.
And as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me;
For I am His and He is mine—
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

Offline boysmama

• Global Moderator
  • Guru
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 10:43:54 AM »
Yes, tonsil stones are soft enough to smash in most cases.

Here are some pics that might help you diagnose.
strep as I've most often seen it
more strep images
small tonsoliths
large tonsoliths almost like bad strep infection, but no red perimeter. No sore throat, fever,etc
oral yeast or thrush
more thrush
more oral yeast

Obviously strep is an infection and could benefit by antibacterials and a restricted diet.Tonsoliths are most often linked to poor immune health and or bacteria.Oral yeast is also benefitted by restricted diet, oral rinses of antibacterial/antifungal herbs or products, and immune restoration.  So in any of the above the same type of treatment would probably help. Beyond what Floydian recommended you could look at mouth rinses, even something simple like a salt water gargle plus general whole food vitamins and immune boosting supplements.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 10:51:07 AM by boysmama »